Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Dental nightmare #2

Out of many to come.

Am about to leave to get "root scaling and root planing" deep cleaning done. Oh no!!

And then Monday it's only consultation time at the oral surgeon to determine how to attack the loose tooth and what I want to do with surrounding teeth. And then the next process I'm unsure. But at least now I can make my appointments on the way out the door which is much easier for me!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Out of many to come.

Am about to leave to get "root scaling and root planing" deep cleaning done. Oh no!!

And then Monday it's only consultation time at the oral surgeon to determine how to attack the loose tooth and what I want to do with surrounding teeth. And then the next process I'm unsure. But at least now I can make my appointments on the way out the door which is much easier for me!
    Good luck.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

4. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I don’t know what root scaling, etc., is. Good luck today!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

6. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yikes...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I feel like a retard right now. the whole right side of my mouth is numb and even lips sagging a little. Not to mention I talk funny for another few hours until the numbness wears off.

Believe it or not it wasn't nearly as bad is I thought it would be, nor even as long! He first put some numbing gel on the upper and lower sides of the gums, and followed by the dreaded needles about 5 mins later. The first pinch sucked but then the second on the bottom I didn't barely feel. Same with the top, first a punch and then the 2nd was fine. Another 10 minutes and down to business.

Abs - I didn't know until today either! After the needles, he uses a small tool the push between the gums and the tooth to measure the depth of each pocket. Yikes! That alone scared the crap out of me reading about it. Then some ultrasonic tool to hit each tooth and gum line. I didn't really feel that one either, but it is so powerful that each tooth gums bled a little. Then that dang scraper/pick tool where he scratches at each tooth and picks in there and feels like he wants to pull them out, but just cleaning up the plaque and other "deplorable" stuff in there and on your teeth surface. Than done! I was really surprised, less than 30 minutes for the whole thing.

I DO NOT LIKE GOING to the dentist and this won't change anything! LOL My anxiety was through the roof and I realized more than 2 or 27 times that I was squeezing my hands together or fingers out of fear and anxiety. I noticed they were sweaty too. And during the procedure I noticed I was doing that and kinda holding my breath a little until in between things.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I feel like a retard right now. the whole right side of my mouth is numb and even lips sagging a little. Not to mention I talk funny for another few hours until the numbness wears off.

Believe it or not it wasn't nearly as bad is I thought it would be, nor even as long! He first put some numbing gel on the upper and lower sides of the gums, and followed by the dreaded needles about 5 mins later. The first pinch sucked but then the second on the bottom I didn't barely feel. Same with the top, first a punch and then the 2nd was fine. Another 10 minutes and down to business.

Abs - I didn't know until today either! After the needles, he uses a small tool the push between the gums and the tooth to measure the depth of each pocket. Yikes! That alone scared the crap out of me reading about it. Then some ultrasonic tool to hit each tooth and gum line. I didn't really feel that one either, but it is so powerful that each tooth gums bled a little. Then that dang scraper/pick tool where he scratches at each tooth and picks in there and feels like he wants to pull them out, but just cleaning up the plaque and other "deplorable" stuff in there and on your teeth surface. Than done! I was really surprised, less than 30 minutes for the whole thing.

I DO NOT LIKE GOING to the dentist and this won't change anything! LOL My anxiety was through the roof and I realized more than 2 or 27 times that I was squeezing my hands together or fingers out of fear and anxiety. I noticed they were sweaty too. And during the procedure I noticed I was doing that and kinda holding my breath a little until in between things.

I do the whole tensing body up while in dental chair as well. What I do find is when I focus on relaxing my body one area at a time it helps me breathe through the procedure. I first make sure my legs are uncrossed ... not even my feet across each other. Then I focus on releasing the chair arms and putting my palms up and not clasping my hands together. Then focus on breathing in and out through my nose.

LOL! Relaxed state usually lasts than a minute and then I notice something is crossed up again and I have to start over. I also ask doctor and techs to not talk to me to try and relax me. Just makes me want to talk back ... which is pretty difficult with mouth full of hands and equipment.

Glad it went well today.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

10. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    LOL! Relaxed state usually lasts than a minute and then I notice something is crossed up again and I have to start over. I also ask doctor and techs to not talk to me to try and relax me. Just makes me want to talk back ... which is pretty difficult with mouth full of hands and equipment.
    NO KIDDING... I hate it when they do that... "how are doing?" UUGGGHHGGHH... which means YOU'VE GOT YOUR FINGERS DOWN MY THROAT, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO ANSWER YOU?!

Good Lord, what are thinking when they do that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    NO KIDDING... I hate it when they do that... "how are doing?" UUGGGHHGGHH... which means YOU'VE GOT YOUR FINGERS DOWN MY THROAT, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO ANSWER YOU?!

Good Lord, what are thinking when they do that?
    A 'fun' moment I had with my dentist was when he'd removed most of a tooth, intending to put a cap over it. Properly anaesthetised, I had to vacate his surgery in mid-treatment when another of his patients turned up, pleading for immediate, 'emergency' treatment. This he saw to, leaving me in a waiting-room with remnants of my tooth untreated, anaesthetic slowly wearing off ....

The pain was beginning to re-assert itself when I was called back for the cap to be fixed. He took the opportunity of asking me if I was having a good day, even as he topped up the anaesthetic ....
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    A 'fun' moment I had with my dentist was when he'd removed most of a tooth, intending to put a cap over it. Properly anaesthetised, I had to vacate his surgery in mid-treatment when another of his patients turned up, pleading for immediate, 'emergency' treatment. This he saw to, leaving me in a waiting-room with remnants of my tooth untreated, anaesthetic slowly wearing off ....

The pain was beginning to re-assert itself when I was called back for the cap to be fixed. He took the opportunity of asking me if I was having a good day, even as he topped up the anaesthetic ....
    In the chair, anesthesia applied and ... bomb threat at Headquarters, US Marine Corps. Had to evacuate. And get rescheduled. I took a couple of shots in the gum for nothing.

If I could have got my hands on the caller
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke