Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default 83 In Nassau County, NY Being Monitored/Tested In Voluntary Isolation

83 In Nassau County, NY Being Monitored/Tested In Voluntary Isolation

One is showing symptoms according to 'breaking news.'

https://abc7ny.com/health/coronaviru...on-li/5969274/

I posted this on another thread, but figure folks need to know who may not read it.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Yikes, hope it doesn't hit my area! Nassau is like an hour or so. And I had also read a few weeks back about potentials in Rockland County, which is like 30 from me.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I think he made an error with the press conference, time will tell.

Nearly immediately after:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/26/dow-...s-warning.html

Dow set to drop around 400 points following report of first US coronavirus case of unknown origin
    PUBLISHED WED, FEB 26 20206:01 PM ESTUPDATED MOMENTS AGO

U.S. stock futures on Thursday morning pointed to significant declines at the day’s open even after President Donald Trump tried to assuage concerns over the coronavirus outbreak.

Futures slipped after the CDC confirmed the first U.S. coronavirus case of unknown origin in Northern California, indicating possible “community spread” of the disease. The CDC doesn’t know exactly how the patient, a California resident, contracted the virus.

As of 12:48 a.m. ET, Dow futures fell 379 points and indicated a plunge of 400.59 points at Thursday’s open. S&P 500 futures and Nasdaq 100 futures also pointed to opening declines on Thursday.

Trump said in a news conference the risk of coronavirus to people in the U.S. is still “very low.” He added the U.S. is going to “spend whatever’s appropriate” to deal with the virus. Trump also put Vice President Mike Pence in charge of the U.S. response to the coronavirus.

President Trump: Coronavirus risk to American people remains very low
    The president said stocks should recover from their recent swoon. But as Trump spoke, the news about the “community spread” coronavirus case added to concerns that the coronavirus is spreading at a rapid pace, hitting stock futures.