Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I would settle for this for amps...

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/amplifiers/MC2KW

... and these for speakers...

https://www.bowerswilkins.com/home-audio/800-d3
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-27-2020 at 08:04 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Had it for a few days now, it's broken in, and absolutely outstanding. I wrote a message to Yamaha praising them on how incredibly good their receivers sound over others I've owned.

Best part is, having owned so many other brand receivers, I had experience and am able to compare. I would have thought they all were as good as Yamaha had I never owned anything else. Now I know better.

Like I said before, Yamaha is doing is something REALLY RIGHT with their circuitry design and quality, because their components stand head and shoulders above the competition at the price range.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just add to this one.

My sound system(s) are in a constant state of upgrade. It's never "good enough." I'm always looking for the next upgrade. Well, I went and took the system to the next level. Since the new Yamaha RX-A3080 I started this thread for had an XLR pre out for front LR, I had to take advantage of that. So... I popped on a new Rotel RB-1590 stereo amplifier, their flapship two channel amp. Got a deal on it as it was a demo in a studio of a guy I talk audio with. Sold as new with warranty, very little time on it, virtually just broken in, BUT, I won't go on and on with superlatives about how GOOD it sounds since I could go on and on. I'll just say it's mind blowing. It's the massive EIGHTY FOUR POUND SILVER VEHEMOTH in the rack. The little sticks in the rack are supports I had to put in there because the shelves were sagging, too much weight, even though they have metal supports underneath. Needless to say, it woke up my Bowers & Wilkins speakers like nothing I've ever heard. I've broken into the high end sound with this monster... OH... and I ran a new dedicated 20 amp circuit just for the home theater, and added the Panamax line conditioner...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-06-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Bidding on a new(er), newest model, of B&W on ebay. If I win them I'll replace my older DM series surrounds with them. They have the new carbon tweeter and continuum woofer, will match the HTM71 center channel. Then just replace the CM fronts with the new 702's to match and I'm done... (ya right... )...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bowers-Wilk...53.m1431.l2649