Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Bad Things Happening Here...

Almost don't know where to start... but, I guess it starts about a week ago when my Ma was having a hard time standing up, and she said she was in pain. So my younger sister took her to the clinic and they said she was having muscle spasm and needed physical therapy, so my sister took Ma to this nursing home / PT joint. It was an old crappy looking place and Ma didn't like being there either. Now it gets interesting... they gave her muscle relaxers to quiet down the muscle spasms, but apparently continued them even though the muscle spasms had ceased. So my sister wanted to get her out of there, we both did, so she talked with them and then they pulled their crap, they would recommend against it in her medical history and she could lose her Hamana ins and/or medicare because she needed a lift to stand and was at a "risk of falling," remember that... so, they're pumping her full of muscle relaxers, and she can't stand. Well, it just occurs to me that if they weren't giving her the muscle relaxers, SHE COULD STAND. So naturally I'm getting irritated and suspicious that this is a game they play. They get their hooks into some old person that's unfortunate enough to be taken there and they make sure there's some reason they CAN'T LEAVE, so they can MILK their ins and Medicare for as much as they can, and virtually THREATEN anyone who dare think of taking them out of there because they'll lose the ins. No, I don't trust ANYONE, but this kind of crap DOES go on. I'm not saying it DID, but it damn sure looks that way. ANYWAY... I get a call early this morning from my little sister, VERY excited, LIVID in fact, because Ma had FALLEN OUT OF BED and HIT her HEAD PRETTY BAD. Can you freakin' imagine? A 91 year old that this place had told us was "at a risk of falling because she couldn't stand," and they were feeding her muscle relaxers, and didn't have the presence of mind to make sure she had SIDE RAILS ON HER BED? You've got to be SHITTIN' me. So they rushed her to the hospital in town by ambulance and did a CAT scan on her and we're waiting for the results. My sister said she is with Ma now and she does appear to be talking and acting OK, BUT, by God, you HURT MY MOTHER, and I'm going to MAKE YOU HURT. This joint she was in bares FULL LIABILITY for EVERYTHING from the point where Ma fell out of the bed on. That's SHEAR NEGLIGENCE and STUPIDITY. So I have contacted one of the best personal injury attorneys I know of, Habush, Habush and Rottier, and they appear very interested in what has happened.

That's about where we're at right now. Waiting for the test results and waiting for the attorney to call.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-06-2020 at 01:03 PM.

2. Thanks Drummond, SassyLady, icansayit, NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Prayers for your mom, hope she recovers very quickly.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Almost don't know where to start... but, I guess it starts about a week ago when my Ma was having a hard time standing up, and she said she was in pain. So my younger sister took her to the clinic and they said she was having muscle spasm and needed physical therapy, so my sister took Ma to this nursing home / PT joint. It was an old crappy looking place and Ma didn't like being there either. Now it gets interesting... they gave her muscle relaxers to quiet down the muscle spasms, but apparently continued them even though the muscle spasms had ceased. So my sister wanted to get her out of there, we both did, so she talked with them and then they pulled their crap, they would recommend against it in her medical history and she could lose her Hamana ins and/or medicare because she needed a lift to stand and was at a "risk of falling," remember that... so, they're pumping her full of muscle relaxers, and she can't stand. Well, it just occurs to me that if they weren't giving her the muscle relaxers, SHE COULD STAND. So naturally I'm getting irritated and suspicious that this is a game they play. They get their hooks into some old person that's unfortunate enough to be taken there and they make sure there's some reason they CAN'T LEAVE, so they can MILK their ins and Medicare for as much as they can, and virtually THREATEN anyone who dare think of taking them out of there. Yes, I don't trust ANYONE, but this kind of crap DOES go on. I'm not saying it DID, but it damn sure looks that. ANYWAY... I get a call early this morning from my little sister, VERY excited, LIVID in fact, because Ma had FALLEN OUT OF BED and HIT HEAD PRETTY BAD. Can you freakin' imagine? A 91 year old that this place had told us was "at a risk of falling because she couldn't stand," and they were feeding her muscle relaxers, and didn't have the presence of mind to make sure she had SIDE BED RAILS ON HER BED? You've got to be SHITTIN' me. So they rushed her to the hospital in town by ambulance and did a CAT scan on her and we're waiting for the results. My sister said she is with Ma now and she does appear to be talking and acting OK, BUT, by God, you HURT MY MOTHER, and I'm going to MAKE YOU HURT. This joint she was in bares FULL LIABILITY for EVERYTHING from the point where Ma fell out of the bed. That's SHEAR NEGLIGENCE and STUPIDITY. So I have contacted one of the best personal injury attorneys I know of, Habush, Habush and Rottier, and they appear very interested in what has happened.

That's about where we're at right now. Waiting for the test results and waiting for the attorney to call.
    Cripes. You & yours are 'going through the wars'. My sympathy, and my prayers.

The only 'upside' I can offer is that at least you don't have our NHS to contend with. MRSA-infected wards ? Patients so dehydrated that they drink water out of vases where flowers are growing, thanks to NHS staff neglect ...

Best of luck with your attorneys.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

5. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

This just turns my stomach... that knot is the size of an APPLE... think of the impact it took to make a lump that size... I just wanna cry... and I pray to God she doesn't get brain swelling...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-06-2020 at 01:01 PM.

7. Thanks Drummond, icansayit, NightTrain thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Aww, your Mom looks so sweet! I hope she didn’t at least break anything- that’s not good.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

9. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Aww, your Mom looks so sweet! I hope she didn’t at least break anything- that’s not good.
    Thank you, Abbey. Yes she is the best Mom anyone could have ever asked for.

We're still waiting on the scan results...

11. Thanks Gunny, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Thank you, Abbey. Yes she is the best Mom anyone could have ever asked for.

We're still waiting on the scan results...
    Chin up. Hoping for a good outcome.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

13. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, icansayit thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

So, just spoke with my little sister and the scan results came back OK, nothing broken, no cracked skull, and no apparent fear of any brain swelling. So she's going to take her HOME, and she's arranged for her to have a live in care giver, 24/7. It doesn't get any better than that. I'm pretty relieved.

But heads need to roll for this. This was preventable, it shouldn't have happened.

15. Thanks Gunny, icansayit, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Hope your Mom is alright bro! Agree with Abs, she looks cool!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

17. Thanks icansayit, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

So, just spoke with my little sister and the scan results came back OK, nothing broken, no cracked skull, and no apparent fear of any brain swelling. So she's going to take her HOME, and she's arranged for her to have a live in care giver, 24/7. It doesn't get any better than that. I'm pretty relieved.

But heads need to roll for this. This was preventable, it shouldn't have happened.
    I'd be pretty ticked off was that my mom, and looking for some a$$ to chew.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

19. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'd be pretty ticked off was that my mom, and looking for some a$$ to chew.
    Yeah needless to say, earlier I could have spit fire. I was ready to kick someone's ass. Can't do that though, have to be smart about this.

Now I want to hold people accountable.

I called the best lawyers I could find and talked with the screener, and she sounded pretty interested and said someone would be calling me. Probably be later since they're more than likely in court right now.

But that massive welt on Ma's forehead is going to look horrendous by tomorrow. I'm going to take both my cameras over there tomorrow and fully document it.

My sister went over to the place to pick up Ma's clothes and they avoided her like the plague. No apologies, not were so very sorry that happened, no is she ok, no sort of remorse what so ever, they just ignored her like she wasn't even there. That won't bode well in court, if we're lucky enough to find a lawyer that will take the case. My sister had the presence of mind to take a video of the room she was in, and the tiny little bed with no sort of side rails, for a 91 year old woman they had drugged up with muscle relaxers and "was at risk of falling."

I want to make these people hurt, like what they did to my mother, and one way or another, I'm going to make them hurt.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-06-2020 at 04:28 PM.

21. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

My sister went over to the place to pick up Ma's clothes and they avoided her like the plague. No apologies, not were so very sorry that happened, no is she ok, no sort of remorse what so ever, they just ignored her like she wasn't even there. That won't bode well in court, if we're lucky enough to find a lawyer that will take the case.

I'm no lawyer, but I would fully expect the Staff were told not to discuss anything whatsoever with anyone, as that would almost certainly come back to haunt them in court. I'm sure they're well aware a lawsuit is heading their way.

Glad your mom is okay, man.... gotta agree, she looks like a very sweet lady.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

23. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Just got back from Mom's place and helped my sister get her apartment all ready for the live in care taker. Thankfully it's a decent two bedroom apartment. The lump on her forehead has gone down considerably, thank God, but her poor eyes are purple and blue.

I'm debating on whether or not to pursue legal action. I do think what happened was gross negligence and should have never happened. I'll have to give it some more thought and decide to pursue it or not before Monday.

I'm just very happy she's a tough old gal and survived it.

25. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post