Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    9,836
    Thanks (Given)
    4248
    Thanks (Received)
    4520
    Likes (Given)
    4519
    Likes (Received)
    2809
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Bad Things Happening Here...

    Almost don't know where to start... but, I guess it starts about a week ago when my Ma was having a hard time standing up, and she said she was in pain. So my younger sister took her to the clinic and they said she was having muscle spasm and needed physical therapy, so my sister took Ma to this nursing home / PT joint. It was an old crappy looking place and Ma didn't like being there either. Now it gets interesting... they gave her muscle relaxers to quiet down the muscle spasms, but apparently continued them even though the muscle spasms had ceased. So my sister wanted to get her out of there, we both did, so she talked with them and then they pulled their crap, they would recommend against it in her medical history and she could lose her Hamana ins and/or medicare because she needed a lift to stand and was at a "risk of falling," remember that... so, they're pumping her full of muscle relaxers, and she can't stand. Well, it just occurs to me that if they weren't giving her the muscle relaxers, SHE COULD STAND. So naturally I'm getting irritated and suspicious that this is a game they play. They get their hooks into some old person that's unfortunate enough to be taken there and they make sure there's some reason they CAN'T LEAVE, so they can MILK their ins and Medicare for as much as they can, and virtually THREATEN anyone who dare think of taking them out of there because they'll lose the ins. No, I don't trust ANYONE, but this kind of crap DOES go on. I'm not saying it DID, but it damn sure looks that way. ANYWAY... I get a call early this morning from my little sister, VERY excited, LIVID in fact, because Ma had FALLEN OUT OF BED and HIT her HEAD PRETTY BAD. Can you freakin' imagine? A 91 year old that this place had told us was "at a risk of falling because she couldn't stand," and they were feeding her muscle relaxers, and didn't have the presence of mind to make sure she had SIDE RAILS ON HER BED? You've got to be SHITTIN' me. So they rushed her to the hospital in town by ambulance and did a CAT scan on her and we're waiting for the results. My sister said she is with Ma now and she does appear to be talking and acting OK, BUT, by God, you HURT MY MOTHER, and I'm going to MAKE YOU HURT. This joint she was in bares FULL LIABILITY for EVERYTHING from the point where Ma fell out of the bed on. That's SHEAR NEGLIGENCE and STUPIDITY. So I have contacted one of the best personal injury attorneys I know of, Habush, Habush and Rottier, and they appear very interested in what has happened.

    That's about where we're at right now. Waiting for the test results and waiting for the attorney to call.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-06-2020 at 02:03 PM.

  2. Thanks Drummond, SassyLady, icansayit, NightTrain thanked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    42,521
    Thanks (Given)
    17135
    Thanks (Received)
    12707
    Likes (Given)
    6191
    Likes (Received)
    3164
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475429

    Default

    Prayers for your mom, hope she recovers very quickly.


    "The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Wales, UK
    Posts
    11,895
    Thanks (Given)
    20722
    Thanks (Received)
    8221
    Likes (Given)
    2213
    Likes (Received)
    1125
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19319374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Almost don't know where to start... but, I guess it starts about a week ago when my Ma was having a hard time standing up, and she said she was in pain. So my younger sister took her to the clinic and they said she was having muscle spasm and needed physical therapy, so my sister took Ma to this nursing home / PT joint. It was an old crappy looking place and Ma didn't like being there either. Now it gets interesting... they gave her muscle relaxers to quiet down the muscle spasms, but apparently continued them even though the muscle spasms had ceased. So my sister wanted to get her out of there, we both did, so she talked with them and then they pulled their crap, they would recommend against it in her medical history and she could lose her Hamana ins and/or medicare because she needed a lift to stand and was at a "risk of falling," remember that... so, they're pumping her full of muscle relaxers, and she can't stand. Well, it just occurs to me that if they weren't giving her the muscle relaxers, SHE COULD STAND. So naturally I'm getting irritated and suspicious that this is a game they play. They get their hooks into some old person that's unfortunate enough to be taken there and they make sure there's some reason they CAN'T LEAVE, so they can MILK their ins and Medicare for as much as they can, and virtually THREATEN anyone who dare think of taking them out of there. Yes, I don't trust ANYONE, but this kind of crap DOES go on. I'm not saying it DID, but it damn sure looks that. ANYWAY... I get a call early this morning from my little sister, VERY excited, LIVID in fact, because Ma had FALLEN OUT OF BED and HIT HEAD PRETTY BAD. Can you freakin' imagine? A 91 year old that this place had told us was "at a risk of falling because she couldn't stand," and they were feeding her muscle relaxers, and didn't have the presence of mind to make sure she had SIDE BED RAILS ON HER BED? You've got to be SHITTIN' me. So they rushed her to the hospital in town by ambulance and did a CAT scan on her and we're waiting for the results. My sister said she is with Ma now and she does appear to be talking and acting OK, BUT, by God, you HURT MY MOTHER, and I'm going to MAKE YOU HURT. This joint she was in bares FULL LIABILITY for EVERYTHING from the point where Ma fell out of the bed. That's SHEAR NEGLIGENCE and STUPIDITY. So I have contacted one of the best personal injury attorneys I know of, Habush, Habush and Rottier, and they appear very interested in what has happened.

    That's about where we're at right now. Waiting for the test results and waiting for the attorney to call.
    Cripes. You & yours are 'going through the wars'. My sympathy, and my prayers.

    The only 'upside' I can offer is that at least you don't have our NHS to contend with. MRSA-infected wards ? Patients so dehydrated that they drink water out of vases where flowers are growing, thanks to NHS staff neglect ...

    Best of luck with your attorneys.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

  5. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    9,836
    Thanks (Given)
    4248
    Thanks (Received)
    4520
    Likes (Given)
    4519
    Likes (Received)
    2809
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This just turns my stomach... that knot is the size of an APPLE... think of the impact it took to make a lump that size... I just wanna cry... and I pray to God she doesn't get brain swelling...




    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-06-2020 at 02:01 PM.

  7. Thanks Drummond, icansayit, NightTrain thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In my knickers
    Posts
    29,858
    Thanks (Given)
    13123
    Thanks (Received)
    14469
    Likes (Given)
    3150
    Likes (Received)
    4295
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475302

    Default

    Aww, your Mom looks so sweet! I hope she didnít at least break anything- thatís not good.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

    ďUnfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it isĒ
    -Abbey

  9. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
  10. #6
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    9,836
    Thanks (Given)
    4248
    Thanks (Received)
    4520
    Likes (Given)
    4519
    Likes (Received)
    2809
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Aww, your Mom looks so sweet! I hope she didnít at least break anything- thatís not good.
    Thank you, Abbey. Yes she is the best Mom anyone could have ever asked for.

    We're still waiting on the scan results...

  11. Thanks Gunny, Abbey thanked this post
  12. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Wales, UK
    Posts
    11,895
    Thanks (Given)
    20722
    Thanks (Received)
    8221
    Likes (Given)
    2213
    Likes (Received)
    1125
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19319374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Thank you, Abbey. Yes she is the best Mom anyone could have ever asked for.

    We're still waiting on the scan results...
    Chin up. Hoping for a good outcome.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

  13. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, icansayit thanked this post
  14. #8
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    9,836
    Thanks (Given)
    4248
    Thanks (Received)
    4520
    Likes (Given)
    4519
    Likes (Received)
    2809
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    So, just spoke with my little sister and the scan results came back OK, nothing broken, no cracked skull, and no apparent fear of any brain swelling. So she's going to take her HOME, and she's arranged for her to have a live in care giver, 24/7. It doesn't get any better than that. I'm pretty relieved.

    But heads need to roll for this. This was preventable, it shouldn't have happened.

  15. Thanks Gunny, icansayit, SassyLady thanked this post
  16. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    62,481
    Thanks (Given)
    7108
    Thanks (Received)
    29386
    Likes (Given)
    4232
    Likes (Received)
    5188
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475628

    Default

    Hope your Mom is alright bro! Agree with Abs, she looks cool!
    How do you catch a unique rabbit? Unique up on him! (was my Mom's favorite joke )

  17. Thanks icansayit, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
  18. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    37,551
    Thanks (Given)
    23653
    Thanks (Received)
    20224
    Likes (Given)
    499
    Likes (Received)
    5340
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    So, just spoke with my little sister and the scan results came back OK, nothing broken, no cracked skull, and no apparent fear of any brain swelling. So she's going to take her HOME, and she's arranged for her to have a live in care giver, 24/7. It doesn't get any better than that. I'm pretty relieved.

    But heads need to roll for this. This was preventable, it shouldn't have happened.
    I'd be pretty ticked off was that my mom, and looking for some a$$ to chew.
    The US Marines - We kill people who kill people because killing people is wrong

  19. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
  20. #11
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    9,836
    Thanks (Given)
    4248
    Thanks (Received)
    4520
    Likes (Given)
    4519
    Likes (Received)
    2809
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'd be pretty ticked off was that my mom, and looking for some a$$ to chew.
    Yeah needless to say, earlier I could have spit fire. I was ready to kick someone's ass. Can't do that though, have to be smart about this.

    Now I want to hold people accountable.

    I called the best lawyers I could find and talked with the screener, and she sounded pretty interested and said someone would be calling me. Probably be later since they're more than likely in court right now.

    But that massive welt on Ma's forehead is going to look horrendous by tomorrow. I'm going to take both my cameras over there tomorrow and fully document it.

    My sister went over to the place to pick up Ma's clothes and they avoided her like the plague. No apologies, not were so very sorry that happened, no is she ok, no sort of remorse what so ever, they just ignored her like she wasn't even there. That won't bode well in court, if we're lucky enough to find a lawyer that will take the case. My sister had the presence of mind to take a video of the room she was in, and the tiny little bed with no sort of side rails, for a 91 year old woman they had drugged up with muscle relaxers and "was at risk of falling."

    I want to make these people hurt, like what they did to my mother, and one way or another, I'm going to make them hurt.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-06-2020 at 05:28 PM.

  21. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
  22. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    12,869
    Thanks (Given)
    7982
    Thanks (Received)
    14019
    Likes (Given)
    2253
    Likes (Received)
    2464
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    My sister went over to the place to pick up Ma's clothes and they avoided her like the plague. No apologies, not were so very sorry that happened, no is she ok, no sort of remorse what so ever, they just ignored her like she wasn't even there. That won't bode well in court, if we're lucky enough to find a lawyer that will take the case.

    I'm no lawyer, but I would fully expect the Staff were told not to discuss anything whatsoever with anyone, as that would almost certainly come back to haunt them in court. I'm sure they're well aware a lawsuit is heading their way.


    Glad your mom is okay, man.... gotta agree, she looks like a very sweet lady.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

  23. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Kathianne liked this post
  24. #13
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    9,836
    Thanks (Given)
    4248
    Thanks (Received)
    4520
    Likes (Given)
    4519
    Likes (Received)
    2809
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Just got back from Mom's place and helped my sister get her apartment all ready for the live in care taker. Thankfully it's a decent two bedroom apartment. The lump on her forehead has gone down considerably, thank God, but her poor eyes are purple and blue.

    I'm debating on whether or not to pursue legal action. I do think what happened was gross negligence and should have never happened. I'll have to give it some more thought and decide to pursue it or not before Monday.

    I'm just very happy she's a tough old gal and survived it.

  25. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Debate Policy - Political Forums