Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Stay Single... Die Young...

I guess this could be true, single people / bachelors die younger than most, we have no one around to nag at us and tell us when to quit. I have tended to burn the candle at both ends most of my life. But what the hay... live hard and die young, leave a good looking corpse... I'd have no regrets. My life has been a wondrous adventure so far. I have cousins and know people that have never even lived 30 miles away from where they were born. I have friends that have only been to a few states other than where they were born. I find that astonishing. Even when I was young, I couldn't wait to let out and take off to parts unknown. Must have been in my soul. I guess I kinda feel like Lee Marvin's character, Ben Rumptson, in Paint Your Wagon. If that means my time is going to come up sooner than most, then so be it. I have no problem with meeting my maker either, and finding out what happens when we die. Far as I see it, it's the next big adventure... one that never ends...

-----------

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/hea...cientists.html
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-07-2020 at 11:06 PM.

2. Likes KarlMarx liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Marriage is down in all segments of the population. No one seems to be tying the knot anymore.

In many cases, it's men who are saying "No thanks"... and who can blame us?

I've been divorced for 25 years and have no intentions of going through that ordeal again. No thank you. Divorce statistics are even more grim for 2nd and 3rd marriages than the first.

The Left has taken the institution of marriage and turned it into a travesty.

Now you can be divorced by your spouse for any reason whatsoever. You can fight it, but the only ones that win are the lawyers. On top of that is the pain that goes along with it.

So, why would I want to live with a potential Sword of Damocles hanging over my head? Let the lawyers find another poor soul to torment.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

4. Likes High_Plains_Drifter, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Having a Millennial daughter, I sometimes get to hear about their beliefs. It’s not so much that they are against marriage. What I hear is they are so determined to “get it right the first time”, to avoid divorce, that they can’t pull the trigger for a while. Perhaps because so many were children of divorce themselves.

I am lucky to be in a strong marriage for just over 30 years, but I am fully aware that this is an increasingly unusual statistic.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well, I suppose I could try and beat the odds and be a health nut, but there's also the fact that stress is such a silent killer, and quite a few of the people I've ever known that were marriage had stressful marriages. Can't count the number of times I've listened to guys bitching about their wives. Course it may be that the wives complain about the husbands too, and I've just never heard it because I'm not privy to wife talk. But, point being, when it comes to stress, try as I may, I can't think of one thing that stresses me out. If something did, I'd do something about it.

But, back to the thread topic, I suppose it's all us bachelor's bad habits that kill us off quicker than married men.