Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default President Trump Unveils Economic Plan For Coronavirus, Includes Payroll Tax Cut & Rel

Call me skeptical, but the President is sure making a lot of promises that aren't promises because they are all caveated with "possible".

OAN Newsroom
    UPDATED 8:38 AM PT — Tuesday, March 10, 2020

The White House is looking into options to help American businesses and workers affected by the coronavirus outbreak. On Monday, President Trump spoke about a possible economic plan to help airline and cruise ship industries.
    The president said the plan is also going to include a payroll tax cut and prepare loans for small businesses. He noted that this will help employees who earn hourly wages, so they don’t have to worry about missing a pay check if they are quarantined.
    Others in the administration are optimistic about the plan and the U.S. economy as a whole.
    “In terms of the economy, he and his economic team have the tools to keep this economy going strong,” said Alex Azar, Secretary of Health and Human Services. “They’ve got tools to deal with that.”
    The meeting became urgent following plummeting stock markets early Monday, which led trading to be suspended for 15 minutes. Market experts believe this was due to an ongoing oil war between Saudi Arabia and Russia as well as fears about the coronavirus outbreak.

“And that the worst news is coming right now with the combination of the oil price drop and the coronavirus,” explained Susan Schmidt, head of U.S. Equities – Aviva Investors. “…Coronavirus is gonna be an ongoing shock, I think the worst of that is passed.”
    President Trump will give more details about his economic plan after speaking with Republican lawmakers.
    https://www.oann.com/president-trump...-hourly-wages/
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Call me skeptical, but the President is sure making a lot of promises that aren't promises because they are all caveated with "possible".

https://www.oann.com/president-trump...-hourly-wages/
    I don’t see the House going along with him.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I don’t see the House going along with him.
    Think that might be the plan? If the House does go against it with no more than partisan reasoning, I would be pointing it out loud and clear. Just another partisan hack job by the Dems rather than acting in the best interest of the US and its citizens.

One thing that has not surprised me about the US is that what the Dem's were doing 2 months is a non-topic. The MSM and Dems appear quite happy with the coronavirus drawing attention away from their behavior.
    Last edited by Gunny; 03-11-2020 at 12:30 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

You’re skeptical, Gunny.

And if he immediately made sweeping economic policy changes, he’d be accused of knee- jerk reactions, and of prioritizing the economy. Oh, wait.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    You’re skeptical, Gunny.

And if he immediately made sweeping economic policy changes, he’d be accused of knee- jerk reactions, and of prioritizing the economy. Oh, wait.
    Kathianne mentioned the first obstacle. I wonder if any of us are going to live long enough to see the people of the US say enough is enough. I doubt it, but it would be a welcome change.

As far as what he plans to do, I can only speak in general based on what is there. Economic genius I am not nor ever claimed to be. The biggest red flag to me is when temporary measures are installed to handle an issue, those "temporary measures" hang around until they become entitlements then Rights in the minds of many. I'd like to see a clear-cut plan with an at least planned end-game for once.

Such as: All Congressional paychecks will be cut in half to fund research for the virus and assist industries affected by it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Think that might be the plan? If the House does go against it with no more than partisan reasoning, I would be pointing it out loud and clear. Just another partisan hack job by the Dems rather than acting in the best interest of the US and its citizens.

One thing that has not surprised me about the US is that what the Dem's were doing 2 months is a non-topic. The MSM and Dems appear quite happy with the coronavirus drawing attention away from their behavior.
    Considering this is about American's lives, we would all think it would be a breeze to get such things passed through congress. Trump probably isn't 100% sure - as Dems are liable to stick some other crap in there, or find another way to shoot it down. IMO that would be insane, but the Dems do just that sometimes.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock