Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default I get the hint, finally. Wrong place to be.

I've decided to call it quits here folks. I'm getting too old to be reminded nobody really cares what I add here, or say. I drop in every day, several times. Often leave a post, and it seems it's just foolishness to expect anybody would respond to an old man who KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT ANYTHING. Or at least, that's the feeling I have been getting for a long time.
    I know my time has come when it seems talking to the wall would get better responses. So. Though I will drop in. There's no sense in trying to be heard anymore. Either deaf ear's, or Ignore seem to be the price of saying anything anymore.

See ya all around. I've still got my six grandkids who are willing to listen. Bye.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    I've decided to call it quits here folks. I'm getting too old to be reminded nobody really cares what I add here, or say. I drop in every day, several times. Often leave a post, and it seems it's just foolishness to expect anybody would respond to an old man who KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT ANYTHING. Or at least, that's the feeling I have been getting for a long time.
    I know my time has come when it seems talking to the wall would get better responses. So. Though I will drop in. There's no sense in trying to be heard anymore. Either deaf ear's, or Ignore seem to be the price of saying anything anymore.

See ya all around. I've still got my six grandkids who are willing to listen. Bye.
    You'll be shocked, but I for one, would be sorry to see you go! I really enjoy your posts about your military time, your grandkids, and the very few you've written about the love of your life.

I may not respond to your current event posts, but blame me, not what you're posting. Hells bells, most don't like my stuff either.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Geez man... I usually ALWAYS give your posts a "like." I read them all. If I don't respond it's mainly because I agree with you and don't really have anything to add.

Course I'm "old" too... but I'm just a chatter box. I don't have people around me to talk to so I let it all out here...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-12-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Don't bail bro. Things are forever changing. Sometimes I start a thread and it gets 100 various replies, and other times it goes unanswered. All depends on the day and week and the world around us, and of course the subject content. Lately with all the crap in government, and now this virus, times are feeling a little weird.

But don't bail for a lack of replies. I know for one that I definitely read your posts AND enjoy them. But that goes for most posts so long as it's not fighting crap. Like Kath pointed out, I love the experience you show in some areas and definitely the old navy stories! After awhile, we all learn that little much more about one another and then we feel like we know one another that much more.

Things fluctuate weirdly, which seems to affect overall posting and then individual responses from many.

I don't see any issues with you bro. I enjoy your posts as much as from anyone else here. And yeah, sometimes I will click like/thanks and move on as I agree 100% with what you wrote!

And there's no hint, NO ONE wants you gone!! You ARE part of our little family.

Oh, and no doubt I enjoy much of your stuff as you can be a funny bastard at times!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Don't bail bro. Things are forever changing. Sometimes I start a thread and it gets 100 various replies, and other times it goes unanswered. All depends on the day and week and the world around us, and of course the subject content. Lately with all the crap in government, and now this virus, times are feeling a little weird.

But don't bail for a lack of replies. I know for one that I definitely read your posts AND enjoy them. But that goes for most posts so long as it's not fighting crap. Like Kath pointed out, I love the experience you show in some areas and definitely the old navy stories! After awhile, we all learn that little much more about one another and then we feel like we know one another that much more.

Things fluctuate weirdly, which seems to affect overall posting and then individual responses from many.

I don't see any issues with you bro. I enjoy your posts as much as from anyone else here. And yeah, sometimes I will click like/thanks and move on as I agree 100% with what you wrote!

And there's no hint, NO ONE wants you gone!! You ARE part of our little family.

Oh, and no doubt I enjoy much of your stuff as you can be a funny bastard at times!!
    There is no rhyme or reason I can figure out. I can post something I think is a stupid, off-color comment and gets thanks and likes from everyone; conversely post something I think is important, well presented and definitely to be considered by all and crickets chirping Even worse, someone else will come along and post the same thing later and get a 3 pager, thanked and liked top to bottom

As stated, it's just weird and I gave up trying to figure it out years ago.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    There is no rhyme or reason I can figure out. I can post something I think is a stupid, off-color comment and gets thanks and likes from everyone; conversely post something I think is important, well presented and definitely to be considered by all and crickets chirping Even worse, someone else will come along and post the same thing later and get a 3 pager, thanked and liked top to bottom

hells bells, most do not respond to my posts or they start their own thread, ignoring mine. I don't give a fig, I stay and piss them off.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    hells bells, most do not respond to my posts or they start their own thread, ignoring mine. I don't give a fig, I stay and piss them off.
    I just found a thread I started that someone actually responded to and got all light in the head about it

If I start 20 threads and 1 begins a discussion I consider the effort a success. I gave up trying to figure out what is and isn't selling besides the most obvious.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Nah, not true there either. You've been around with us a little bit. You get many replies, and like everyone else you can make some posts that hit the ignored region for no reason.

And the thread thingy always happens, and folks always think their headline is different than another thread, or that the subject is worthy of another thread, not that it's done to anger anyone. I know that "I" am likely the most guilty of that one, and will sometimes do it to my own threads!

And if someone has an issue with me, I too will just try and ignore it and post away anyway. There's always someone that digs the subject being posted and will perhaps engage. And if not? Then I go out here in NY and look to kick a liberal.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

I think it's human nature at times to post and feel like our opinions aren't responded to, or that it means they are ignored and/or discounted.

I have similar experiences to you. I have posted what I thought were just little funny photos, and sometimes get 20 thanks/likes from it and maybe even some replies feeding off one another. Then other times I can post what I think are similar little pics or such, and get it ignored, no thanks/likes and no responses. Hell, those may be the days that the news is slow and not many here, or a day that has tons of political news and folks are invested in that.

And yeah, other times I could have written a post that took 30 minutes and well thought out, and it's followed by silence. Sh and the it happens.

But I can say this, and I think factually, that no one I know hates AT, nor wants him gone, nor has an issue with him.... but I have seen many discuss his Navy experiences and his input based on his experiences. And for me, I think at times he can be a funny old bastard!!

I truly hope he doesn't go.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I think it's human nature at times to post and feel like our opinions aren't responded to, or that it means they are ignored and/or discounted.

I have similar experiences to you. I have posted what I thought were just little funny photos, and sometimes get 20 thanks/likes from it and maybe even some replies feeding off one another. Then other times I can post what I think are similar little pics or such, and get it ignored, no thanks/likes and no responses. Hell, those may be the days that the news is slow and not many here, or a day that has tons of political news and folks are invested in that.

And yeah, other times I could have written a post that took 30 minutes and well thought out, and it's followed by silence. Sh and the it happens.

But I can say this, and I think factually, that no one I know hates AT, nor wants him gone, nor has an issue with him.... but I have seen many discuss his Navy experiences and his input based on his experiences. And for me, I think at times he can be a funny old bastard!!

If I thanked you for every post you make that I like you might think I'm crushing on you Jim ...
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I don't have a problem at all with AT. When discussing the military and deployment via Naval vessel, he's the only Fleet squid I know on the board. Matter of fact, I think he's the only Fleet squid I know anymore.

I can also say as everyone should know by now, I do and have had to put my grandchildren first. Way it is. But they don't listen any more than any of you ya-hoos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

AT, you are without doubt a person that has a lot of life knowledge. And certainly an important contributing member here.
    Myself, I am around a lot less but have notice my threads started get either zero or one/two replies as of late. In my case it is both my busier life( as of late), my other distractions and also my ill-health. I have gotten used to just reading, hitting like, thanks and moving on.
    Sometimes I read but forget to hit the like/thank reply. Memory loss being one of my ongoing illnesses.
    I think its just a cycle going on here and as in the world cycles come and they go.

Sincerely , I value highly your posts and I know you from the other liberal/nazi board we both came from(Perspectives.com)..
    Where you and I both gave those nazi-type liberal/dem bastards living hell by so refuting their damn insanity.
    Hoping you stay and telling you this truly , for me-- "your being here has always been a positive and welcomed presence."
    Example these last three/four days I have been quite sick. Such is one of the curses of old age my friend.
    Such so limits us that still have very active minds and true conservative/patriotic souls but bodies that cause us to not be
    nearly as active as we once were..

And look, I got on to simply read for a couple minutes but your thread caused me to post.
    And its not poetry I am doing!
    Hoping you rethink your decision my friend.
    It is acknowledging your contribution here and your friendship. God bless you and yours,
    .. Robert
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 03-13-2020 at 05:38 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

There are many other political forums out there, but there are very few that don't censor conservative speech. This site may be on its death bed, but it is rare to find a site that doesn't censor us. I've been making an effort to wake this place up, but I dont know if I can be enough to revive the site. I'd recommend getting involved with a few other forums, but keep in touch with this place in case it comes back to life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    There are many other political forums out there, but there are very few that don't censor conservative speech. This site may be on its death bed, but it is rare to find a site that doesn't censor us. I've been making an effort to wake this place up, but I dont know if I can be enough to revive the site. I'd recommend getting involved with a few other forums, but keep in touch with this place in case it comes back to life.
    I do not think this place is in that bad of a state myself.
    Sure it has slowed but like the turtle said to
    the hare- ""I am slow but certainly not dead, -lets race!! ....-Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 06-25-2020 at 09:32 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    I do not think this place in that bad of a state myself.
    Sure it has slowed but like the turtle said to
    the hare- ""I am slow but certainly not dead, -lets race!! ....-Tyr
    Indeed, the forum could go on indefinitely as is, but based on the opening post of this thread, it could get even slower. If even one regular contributor gets bored and wanders off, it could be 10 to 20 percent of the volume...