Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    LOL

I used to be extremely reserved about giving them out, only when truly deserved. I mean, I still do, but then found myself sometimes using it instead of replying. Like "I like that and agree 100% with you" and then leave that thread.

I am still that way with rep points. That's reserved still.
    I used to get and give tons of rep. Since the thanks and like feature showed up I don't give as much rep. Only give rep if I want to give private kudos.
    Last edited by SassyLady; 03-13-2020 at 02:06 PM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

2. Thanks Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I guess I sort of judge both content and delivery. I often agree with the point someone is making, but they go all bad language or prejudices and such, I do not respond or thank, etc. I'm not sorry about not doing so, I wish they'd just make their points.
    Guilty of the same. Whole discussions/topics are often lost due to presentation.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Hell, I rarely post here these days. I read, sometimes I reply, once in a blue moon I'll start a thread... usually non-political. But I'm not going jump ship.

My hope is things will change when the Trump era ends. I have, on occasion, felt that the strong support for the President here on a less populated board is less friendly to a moderate, such as myself, who is inclined to criticize him from time to time. To be honest, I'm okay with that. I don't think any less of any member because of their views. I'd still bend an elbow with any one of you. But after a couple of unexpectedly hostile responses from a couple of folks, I decided to scale back. I was utterly surprised.

I hold no grudge, my feelings are not hurt, I am just biding my time... you won't get rid of me that easily...

It's all good...

ICSI, why not just take a break, a little vacation? There's no need to take the drastic step of abandoning ship permanently...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

6. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well, we have all branches of the military represented here with AT, true? But we'll lose our Navy rep if he splits. We can't have that.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-13-2020 at 03:11 PM.

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

AT, you are without doubt a person that has a lot of life knowledge. And certainly an important contributing member here.
    Myself, I am around a lot less but have notice my threads started get either zero or one/two replies as of late. In my case it is both my busier life( as of late), my other distractions and also my ill-health. I have gotten used to just reading, hitting like, thanks and moving on.
    Sometimes I read but forget to hit the like/thank reply. Memory loss being one of my ongoing illnesses.
    I think its just a cycle going on here and as in the world cycles come and they go.

Sincerely , I value highly your posts and I know you from the other liberal/nazi board we both came from(Perspectives.com)..
    Where you and I both gave those nazi-type liberal/dem bastards living hell by so refuting their damn insanity.
    Hoping you stay and telling you this truly , for me-- "your being here has always been a positive and welcomed presence."
    Example these last three/four days I have been quite sick. Such is one of the curses of old age my friend.
    Such so limits us that still have very active minds and true conservative/patriotic souls but bodies that cause us to not be
    nearly as active as we once were..

And look, I got on to simply read for a couple minutes but your thread caused me to post.
    And its not poetry I am doing!
    Hoping you rethink your decision my friend.
    It is acknowledging your contribution here and your friendship. God bless you and yours,
    .. Robert
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 03-13-2020 at 05:38 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

wait.....we're supposed to READ posts?....
    ...full immersion.....

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

@icansayit ... I think you've heard some pretty compelling reasons to stick around pard. Just because people may or may not respond to a post of your's doesn't mean by any shape, way or form that no one hasn't read it or didn't appreciate it. You're as much part of this little tight knit group as anyone else, so... I hope you reconsider just leaving.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-14-2020 at 08:14 PM.

13. Thanks icansayit thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Thanks to you all, but..

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    @icansayit ... I think you've heard some pretty compelling reasons to stick around pard. Just because people may or may not respond to a post of your's doesn't mean by any shape, way or form that no one has read it or didn't appreciate it. You're as much part of this little tight knit group as anyone else, so... I hope you reconsider just leaving.

I'm just gonna drop by, read what's going on. Then skip. Conversations are supposed to be TWO WAY. I can talk to myself all day if I want. If just reading is what all of us do. Think about it!

Later.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

15. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    I'm just gonna drop by, read what's going on. Then skip. Conversations are supposed to be TWO WAY. I can talk to myself all day if I want. If just reading is what all of us do. Think about it!

Later.
    Yep... I get what you're saying completely there, pard.

Be like me... be a damn chatter box... sooner or later someone HAS to reply...

17. Thanks icansayit thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Later.
    I still hope you will rethink this. Maybe take a little break and then come back and help us speak the truth.

I am certainly not arguing with you. And seeing things from your point of view, I would feel similarly. But I opened like the last 50 or so of your posts. I do see enough not getting replies. But those posts do tend to get the thanks/likes, and IMO those without replies that do get those, tend to be more the picture and video style postings.

But when you do post on a subject, you do in fact get more replies! And plenty enough even in those last 50 I opened.

I think sometimes we have to look at what we're posting, when & even where. Just as an example, posting images in other "fun" related areas, right now during the virus crap, seem to get little to no replies. So it seems like other important events can certainly affect that. And that wasn't just you, as that last example were of my own posts.

But when it tends to be a more of your important political subjects of the day, or an important event that may have taken place, and we post more than images, we tend to get more replies.

I also noticed that if I start a thread, quite a few may quote what I wrote and reply to it. But if I enter someone else's thread and offer a small amount if input, I may not get as many replies, and sometimes not at all.

Either way, take your time my friend. I think you see that you are liked by many here, even if you don't think we reply to much of what you post. You would be missed, folks DO appreciate your input here, both the comedy of the images you may share with us, and your replies based on your life and navy experiences. I consider them a little unique.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

19. Thanks icansayit thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    wait.....we're supposed to READ posts?....
    I haven't seen you post anything since I moved on from JPP. I'm giving this tiny community a shot, so hopefully I see you stop in once in awhile.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Later.
    I'd talk to you shipmate, but aren't you one of the ones who claimed I called them a commie? I lost track...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I've decided to call it quits here folks. I'm getting too old to be reminded nobody really cares what I add here, or say. I drop in every day, several times. Often leave a post, and it seems it's just foolishness to expect anybody would respond to an old man who KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT ANYTHING. Or at least, that's the feeling I have been getting for a long time.
    I know my time has come when it seems talking to the wall would get better responses. So. Though I will drop in. There's no sense in trying to be heard anymore. Either deaf ear's, or Ignore seem to be the price of saying anything anymore.

See ya all around. I've still got my six grandkids who are willing to listen. Bye.
    There are many other political forums out there, but there are very few that don't censor conservative speech. This site may be on its death bed, but it is rare to find a site that doesn't censor us. I've been making an effort to wake this place up, but I dont know if I can be enough to revive the site. I'd recommend getting involved with a few other forums, but keep in touch with this place in case it comes back to life.

23. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    There are many other political forums out there, but there are very few that don't censor conservative speech. This site may be on its death bed, but it is rare to find a site that doesn't censor us. I've been making an effort to wake this place up, but I dont know if I can be enough to revive the site. I'd recommend getting involved with a few other forums, but keep in touch with this place in case it comes back to life.
    I do not think this place is in that bad of a state myself.
    Sure it has slowed but like the turtle said to
    the hare- ""I am slow but certainly not dead, -lets race!! ....-Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 06-25-2020 at 09:32 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

25. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    I do not think this place in that bad of a state myself.
    Sure it has slowed but like the turtle said to
    the hare- ""I am slow but certainly not dead, -lets race!! ....-Tyr
    Indeed, the forum could go on indefinitely as is, but based on the opening post of this thread, it could get even slower. If even one regular contributor gets bored and wanders off, it could be 10 to 20 percent of the volume...