Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default If you want Aspies / Auties to "come out of their shell".

I say this having interacted with a substantial number of us. For most of us the bottom line is that making a social effort is just not a good deal. As someone who has put up with this for decades in the corporate environment, I can tell you that dealing with people from a position of distrust while also maximizing one's options is the way to go. I advise other Aspies/Auties to take up job interviewing as a hobby, even when securely employed. I have had about 300 job interviews in my life. As an added bonus, it keeps you in a position of strength with your employer because you're always in a state where you have options. Most of us don't NEED socialization like many of you do. When interacting with people online, be as impersonal as possible. The more one avoids "telling people your business" or being controversial the fewer problems there are. The premise that "you're entitled to your opinion" is a lie. Besides, actions speak louder than words. In other words, say less and do more.

In summation: If you want Aspies/Auties to socialize, objectively make the case that doing so is a good deal in a given instance.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

2. Thanks KitchenKitten99 thanked this post
    Likes KitchenKitten99 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    I say this having interacted with a substantial number of us. For most of us the bottom line is that making a social effort is just not a good deal. As someone who has put up with this for decades in the corporate environment, I can tell you that dealing with people from a position of distrust while also maximizing one's options is the way to go. I advise other Aspies/Auties to take up job interviewing as a hobby, even when securely employed. I have had about 300 job interviews in my life. As an added bonus, it keeps you in a position of strength with your employer because you're always in a state where you have options. Most of us don't NEED socialization like many of you do. When interacting with people online, be as impersonal as possible. The more one avoids "telling people your business" or being controversial the fewer problems there are. The premise that "you're entitled to your opinion" is a lie. Besides, actions speak louder than words. In other words, say less and do more.

In summation: If you want Aspies/Auties to socialize, objectively make the case that doing so is a good deal in a given instance.
    Well hey there fellow Aspie!
    I was diagnosed last year at age 39. Answered a lot of questions about shit in my life.