Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Flu - 36 million infected, 22k dead. Corona - 2,340 infected, 50 dead

I've been mentioning this and discussing it a lot with my Dad and others. Why the huge discrepancy in numbers between here and China? 90,000+ and less than 4,000 dead, and claims of it dying out now. And in the USA, they are talking of it picking up massive speed, millions and millions infected and up to 1.7 million dead. WTF?

My brother mentioned this one and now I read this article. We already know that the flu goes around every single year. And every single year it kills thousands and thousands. I guess we get used to it or folks don't pay attention much as its "just" the flu, or getting a cold or whatever.

But this is just a mini snapshot. And you can go look at the massive numbers year in and year out for the flu. Then 2019 numbers compared to this coronavirus outbreak.

And IF this is about to make a massive change and their projections are true - then WHY, and WHAT do they know that we don't?

--

BY THE NUMBERS, Via the CDC: 2019 Flu – 22,000 Dead and 36 Million Infected …2019 Coronavirus – 50 Dead and 2,340 Infected

The latest numbers continue to indicate that the coronavirus is not much different than the common flu.

The truth is in the numbers.

As more data is known about the coronavirus, the numbers don’t looks as scary.

Here are the numbers as reported on March 14, 2020:

The data is skewed by the fact that China and other countries, like Iran, skew the numbers. China still shows less than 81,000 cases overall. They have been at this level for some time. Either China’s numbers are not accurate or the virus is dying down to nearly nothing, or both.

Yesterday China reported only 11 new cases in all of China and 13 new deaths. China’s death rate per confirmed cases is one of the highest in the world at 3.94%. This skews the overall numbers quite a bit.

Per data available, around 3% of cases confirmed end in death. But by taking out China, Iran and Italy the rate goes down to 1%.
    Clearly not all people with the virus are captured in the current numbers. Just like the flu most people who get sick never report it and therefore are never counted.

Sharyl Attkisson reported, “Most people who get coronavirus have mild or no symptoms.”

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ortality-rate/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I've been mentioning this and discussing it a lot with my Dad and others. Why the huge discrepancy in numbers between here and China? 90,000+ and less than 4,000 dead, and claims of it dying out now. And in the USA, they are talking of it picking up massive speed, millions and millions infected and up to 1.7 million dead. WTF?

My brother mentioned this one and now I read this article. We already know that the flu goes around every single year. And every single year it kills thousands and thousands. I guess we get used to it or folks don't pay attention much as its "just" the flu, or getting a cold or whatever.

But this is just a mini snapshot. And you can go look at the massive numbers year in and year out for the flu. Then 2019 numbers compared to this coronavirus outbreak.

And IF this is about to make a massive change and their projections are true - then WHY, and WHAT do they know that we don't?

--

BY THE NUMBERS, Via the CDC: 2019 Flu – 22,000 Dead and 36 Million Infected …2019 Coronavirus – 50 Dead and 2,340 Infected

The latest numbers continue to indicate that the coronavirus is not much different than the common flu.

The truth is in the numbers.

As more data is known about the coronavirus, the numbers don’t looks as scary.

Here are the numbers as reported on March 14, 2020:

The data is skewed by the fact that China and other countries, like Iran, skew the numbers. China still shows less than 81,000 cases overall. They have been at this level for some time. Either China’s numbers are not accurate or the virus is dying down to nearly nothing, or both.

Yesterday China reported only 11 new cases in all of China and 13 new deaths. China’s death rate per confirmed cases is one of the highest in the world at 3.94%. This skews the overall numbers quite a bit.

Per data available, around 3% of cases confirmed end in death. But by taking out China, Iran and Italy the rate goes down to 1%.
    Clearly not all people with the virus are captured in the current numbers. Just like the flu most people who get sick never report it and therefore are never counted.

Sharyl Attkisson reported, “Most people who get coronavirus have mild or no symptoms.”

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ortality-rate/
    All sorts of answers to this one. Just comparing stats true of flu for a year, versus a new virus that's only been doing its damage for a couple of months, is to unequally judge the issue, right there.

Flu has existed for generations. It can and is vaccinated against ... sometimes. Covid-19 is new, there is no vaccination, and to the best of anybody's knowledge, nobody, anywhere, has any immunity to it.

The nature of Covid-19 is such that it has potential to mutate. If we get a vaccine, the Covid-19 virus might beat it.

Any natural immunity, meanwhile, will need time to induce in populations.

Flu is infectious during the time symptoms are evident. Covid-19 can infect minus any sign of infection exhibited.

Covid-19, as our experts on my side of the Pond suspect, might just prove to be seasonal, as flu is. It'll be strong in winter, comparatively absent in summer, if that's true. One bad bout of it this winter might be dwarfed by its next appearance, next winter.

We need to be ready, if so. With a vaccine if at all possible. With a measure of herd immunity, if not. Preferably both ... if possible.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

3. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, Abbey Marie, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

This is a GOOD point. Are we OVER REACTING? Why haven't we reacted this way to the FLU? So far, by the numbers, it's been FAR deadlier than Covid-19.

Is this a manufactured crisis?

I really don't care right now. I'm going to not go anywhere and just sit back and watch where this all goes, and I hope there's people when this dies down that have SIX BILLION ROLLS OF TOILET PAPER and EIGHT MILLION GALLONS OF PURELL LEFT OVER and they wonder what in the hell they bought all that for.

Course, I hope my words don't come back to bite me in the ass either... but I have sneaking suspicion they won't.

5. Thanks Drummond, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    This is a GOOD point. Are we OVER REACTING? Why haven't we reacted this way to the FLU? So far, by the numbers, it's been FAR deadlier than Covid-19.

Is this a manufactured crisis?

I really don't care right now. I'm going to not go anywhere and just sit back and watch where this all goes, and I hope there's people when this dies down that have SIX BILLION ROLLS OF TOILET PAPER and EIGHT MILLION GALLONS OF PURELL LEFT OVER and they wonder what in the hell they bought all that for.

Course, I hope my words don't come back to bite me in the ass either... but I have sneaking suspicion they won't.
    Well, like I've said, flu figures stretch back years, and our understanding of flu is based on data which is that well established (& remember, we have vaccines for 'usual' flu). Compare that with this Coronavirus, that's only been around for a handful of months, for which nobody has immunity, so far as anyone knows.

Do standard flu outbreaks start in one country, and sweep the planet, in a 2 month period ?

There'd be very slightly less than those 8 million gallons of Purell left around, had my own order for some actually come through. But someone in Customs control decided it couldn't leave US shores !

Ah, well .....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The true effect of this is not known yet ,
    People are just comparing it to something they can try to understand ,
    this is a Sar's body with Mer mixed in Hiv and TB underlying in it ,
    the Deadly part of this will not show up until a reinfection takes place except from people with lower immunity to fight this first round ,

But not to let a crises go to waist the Government will try to gain more power and control of the population ,for your own good that is .

Just in case might want to watch and see if you don't say Hmm ,

I found it interesting myself

Ps; Numbers above are only as accurate as if the numbers put in are accurate ,

you can Trust but verify everything
    Last edited by se7en; 03-15-2020 at 10:46 PM.

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by se7en View Post
    The true effect of this is not known yet ,
    People are just comparing it to something they can try to understand ,
    this is a Sar's body with Mer mixed in Hiv and TB underlying in it ,
    the Deadly part of this will not show up until a reinfection takes place except from people with lower immunity to fight this first round ,

But not to let a crises go to waist the Government will try to gain more power and control of the population ,for your own good that is .

Just in case might want to watch and see if you don't say Hmm ,

I found it interesting myself

Ps; Numbers above are only as accurate as if the numbers put in are accurate ,

you can Trust but verify everything
    Seems pretty much on the mark to me. Especially the note that its being lead by the globalists-- One World Order people.-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

10. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Seems pretty much on the mark to me. Especially the note that its being lead by the globalists-- One World Order people.-Tyr
    Well, the UK response to it should be welcome !

Boris & Co have so far avoided draconian, sweeping society-controlling bans (& our Government has taken much criticism because of it !). There was talk of our Government asking all people aged 70+ to self-isolate for FOUR MONTHS. We're waiting until later this afternoon to see if they recommend that. Latest word is that they might hold off from doing so, for the moment.

But be under no illusion. If, as everybody thinks, our situation becomes as bad as Italy's, our Government would be committing political suicide if he was still considered to be under-reacting. Draconian powers WILL be exercised, I'm sure, if we're hit very much harder.

12. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Well, the UK response to it should be welcome !

Boris & Co have so far avoided draconian, sweeping society-controlling bans (& our Government has taken much criticism because of it !). There was talk of our Government asking all people aged 70+ to self-isolate for FOUR MONTHS. We're waiting until later this afternoon to see if they recommend that. Latest word is that they might hold off from doing so, for the moment.

But be under no illusion. If, as everybody thinks, our situation becomes as bad as Italy's, our Government would be committing political suicide if he was still considered to be under-reacting. Draconian powers WILL be exercised, I'm sure, if we're hit very much harder.
    My friend, more calm, better hygiene, less activity in crowds and greater emphasis on creating a vaccine and ongoing treatment meds should be the call of the day-- not this rampant hysteric fear driving that most governments are now doing in order to seize even more power over their citizens.
    Even here in US the hysteric overdrive has kicked in -- and no way do the numbers (even the deliberately falsely fudged numbers ) warrant such some of the very extreme, sweeping actions being taken, imho..
    They are treating it like it is the Spanish flu already.. They are deliberately creating hysteria and epic unwarranted fears...
    All of this has now been so politicized to the max.. Which definitely interferes with the proper and better actions that should be taken, imho..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    My friend, more calm, better hygiene, less activity in crowds and greater emphasis on creating a vaccine and ongoing treatment meds should be the call of the day-- not this rampant hysteric fear driving that most governments are now doing in order to seize even more power over their citizens.
    Even here in US the hysteric overdrive has kicked in -- and no way do the numbers (even the deliberately falsely fudged numbers ) warrant such some of the very extreme, sweeping actions being taken, imho..
    They are treating it like it is the Spanish flu already.. They are deliberately creating hysteria and epic unwarranted fears...
    All of this has now been so politicized to the max.. Which definitely interferes with the proper and better actions that should be taken, imho..-Tyr
    I think it really comes down to getting a viable vaccine in the shortest possible time .. not only to save lives, but to head this off before there's a chance it can mutate. Maybe it'd mutate to be more harmless. Maybe a mutation will make today's situation seem like a picnic. Who knows. So long as they get that vaccine, ASAP, even if corners are cut in the process.
    Last edited by Drummond; 03-18-2020 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Draconian government won’t matter if you’re 6 feet under.
    I for one am not looking under stones for conspiracy theories and globalist machinations.
    Sometimes a cigar really is just a cigar...
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

16. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Draconian government won’t matter if you’re 6 feet under.
    I for one am not looking under stones for conspiracy theories and globalist machinations.
    Sometimes a cigar really is just a cigar...
    A vaccine seems to be at least a year-18months away. The good news is that there seems to be at least 2, maybe 3 meds that may help when symptoms present themselves. If it prevents the pneumonia and lung damage, that would certainly be good interim news.

If one or more of these pans out, I expect that some of the restrictions would be lifted if mass testing is done to identify those that need to be quarantined. Indeed, this would be a blending of what UK was going to try, (building those with immunity through exposure), while allowing those protected groups to avoid those that are contagious.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

18. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

According to the CDC, right now their web page says there are 10,442 cases of COVID 19 in the U.S. with 150 deaths. That is a kill rate of 1.44%.

According to the CDC, right now their web page says there are between 36,000,000 and 55,000,000 flu cases in the U.S. with between 22,000 and 55,000 deaths. That is a kill rate of .061% and .108%.

COVID 19 is more deadly than the flu, it's in the numbers, numbers don't lie.

All things being equal, your chance of survival is better if you catch the flu...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

20. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    According to the CDC, right now their web page says there are 10,442 cases of COVID 19 in the U.S. with 150 deaths. That is a kill rate of 1.44%.

According to the CDC, right now their web page says there are between 36,000,000 and 55,000,000 flu cases in the U.S. with between 22,000 and 55,000 deaths. That is a kill rate of .061% and .108%.

All things being equal, your chance of survival is better if you catch the flu...
    Math is hard. Exponential growth is really difficult, most of us struggle with compound interest.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

22. Thanks hjmick thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post

Not to mention, we know a ton about the flu stats, and we have yearly vaccines. And we have the resources to fight it; its simply not an out of control pandemic.

Thank you for this, HJ. I really don't understand why folks fight this reality. Is it political?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

24. Thanks Kathianne, hjmick thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    A vaccine seems to be at least a year-18months away. The good news is that there seems to be at least 2, maybe 3 meds that may help when symptoms present themselves. If it prevents the pneumonia and lung damage, that would certainly be good interim news.

If one or more of these pans out, I expect that some of the restrictions would be lifted if mass testing is done to identify those that need to be quarantined. Indeed, this would be a blending of what UK was going to try, (building those with immunity through exposure), while allowing those protected groups to avoid those that are contagious.
    Yups. Good side is with those trials I mentioned 2 days ago, where the one was immediately. Apparently positive results from that side too. Getting through the red tap at the FDA is very helpful as well. But I still think it's gonna be a bit. But hell, if I get it and on my deathbed on oxygen - I'll take something with the approval of the FDA!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock