Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    According to the CDC, right now their web page says there are 10,442 cases of COVID 19 in the U.S. with 150 deaths. That is a kill rate of 1.44%.

According to the CDC, right now their web page says there are between 36,000,000 and 55,000,000 flu cases in the U.S. with between 22,000 and 55,000 deaths. That is a kill rate of .061% and .108%.

COVID 19 is more deadly than the flu, it's in the numbers, numbers don't lie.

All things being equal, your chance of survival is better if you catch the flu...
    I believe we need more truth and facts, which I don't believe they fully have yet. More tests!!!

I forget who it was on the radio a while back, and like he mentioned - while there may be obvious differences, and we don't know exact numbers yet due to small amounts of test kits - but no matter the numbers it's worse to have them BOTH floating around than just the usual flu!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Not to mention, we know a ton about the flu stats, and we have yearly vaccines. And we have the resources to fight it; its simply not an out of control pandemic.

Thank you for this, HJ. I really don't understand why folks fight this reality. Is it political?
    I think much of it is political, on both sides. No one wants to not be right.

On the right, some of this was the fault of the President when he couldn't take his eyes off of the markets, unemployment, the polls, i.e., numbers. Remember when he said that those folks were coming off the cruise ship, cause 'some' said it was important? He said that he'd rather, "They stayed there, it kept our numbers lower."

It was only a couple of days later that his whole tone changed, he was now equally focused on the health crisis. Personally think that is where it needs to be until they flatten the curve. Then time has been bought.

Focus on the deaths, not the 'cases.' The cases are jumping with the test increase. What will be scarier is the deaths-they are climbing, rapidly.

Italy's deaths have now surpassed China's. Italy has 60M in the country. China, over a billion I believe.

The left just wants Trump to be wrong, for whatever. They do not care the costs, they just want failure. Get Biden as a figurehead as long as he doesn't drool.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill