Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default For Those Who Mocked Preppers, Your Day Of Reckoning Is Arrived...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-16-2020 at 11:28 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Until the mobs locate and destroy the preppers and take their stuff. Assuming it goes that far.

Let's be real. There is no preparation for something like this. This is going to be long-term. Longer than most preppers are "prepped" for.

People behaving like idiots is getting on my nerves. I spend more time and effort trying to no get pissed off about THAT than I do worrying about a virus.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Until the mobs locate and destroy the preppers and take their stuff. Assuming it goes that far.

Let's be real. There is no preparation for something like this. This is going to be long-term. Longer than most preppers are "prepped" for.

People behaving like idiots is getting on my nerves. I spend more time and effort trying to no get pissed off about THAT than I do worrying about a virus.
    Well, I'd be lot more worried about mobs if I lived in the city, because that's where the full blown killing each other anarchy will start. But if someone is lucky enough to get out of a city before they starve to death or panicked mobs kill them, and before choke points are jammed, they'll run into a wall of flying lead out here in the country from people like me that literally have thousands of rounds of ammo. One shot, one kill. Just one little town like mine could stand off one hellova lot of people if we decided to blockade our town.

I'm pretty sure I could live off the things I have stored for around six months, and that's not taking into consideration if I planted a garden, which I will, or went fishing, or hunting, etc, which would extend that. Course after awhile I'd run out of bread, unless I made a loaf, and milk, butter, etc, but I have plenty of the essential nutritious things to consume so I wouldn't die.

But, if food and essentials have already been in short supply so the panic level is already at the tipping point, if the power ever goes out, hence the internet, that's when the full blown panic will happen, that's when we'll see anarchy, and it will be instant. But we'll have instant Martial Law too then, and the military will be deployed to attempt to keep the peace. First thing they should do is deploy generators to local radio stations for broadcasting messages to people lucky enough to have a battery powered radio, which is another thing us preppers make sure to have, and a shit load of batteries.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-16-2020 at 08:47 PM.

4. Likes SassyLady liked this post