Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Default Bill O'Brien is Officially the DUMBEST F#@$ GM in the NFL

"I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

2. Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Don't get this one. The guy's a legend for the team and they trade him away? Not good for the fan base, and not good for the team. I don't understand why they would do this.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks hjmick thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    The Packers spent 2 decades '70's-80's with somewhat competent coaches acting as utterly incompetent GM's, trying to outdo each other seeing who could do the most to destroy the franchise. Lombardi was able to pull it off but he had the ability to coach up even the most mediocre talent. It wasn't until Ron Wolfe showed up that we realized the value in having a competent GM that could dispassionately evaluate talent and work it into the team/cap structure separate from the coaching staff. They have been a perennial playoff contender ever since and I fear that the Texans will be playoff pretenders until they have a similar awakening.

6. Thanks hjmick thanked this post