Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default $2,000 To Many Americans; First Check April 6, Second In Mid-May

Ka-Ching!

All money and laughter right now, but by April 6th I may be in need of some products that will be impossible to get. Yikety Yokeys!

--

FED PLAN: $2,000 To Many Americans; First Check April 6, Second In Mid-May

The Treasury Department on Wednesday said it wants to start issuing direct payments to Americans of $1,000, with the first checks issued starting April 6 and a second wave some time in mid-May.

The checks, which will go to many Americans, will cost the federal government $500 billion.

“The Treasury plan, which requires approval by Congress, also recommends $50 billion to stabilize the airlines, $150 billion to issue loan guarantees to other struggling sectors, and $300 billion to for small businesses. The plan appears to anticipate that some of the loans would not be repaid,” the Associated Press reported.

The details are for the third coronavirus response bill that lawmakers hope to pass next week. Direct payments would go to U.S. citizens only, and would be “tiered based on income level and family size.” The two payments would be identical, with the second wave starting by May 18.
    Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...nd-in-mid-may/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Ka-Ching!

All money and laughter right now, but by April 6th I may be in need of some products that will be impossible to get. Yikety Yokeys!

--

The Treasury Department on Wednesday said it wants to start issuing direct payments to Americans of $1,000, with the first checks issued starting April 6 and a second wave some time in mid-May.

The checks, which will go to many Americans, will cost the federal government $500 billion.

“The Treasury plan, which requires approval by Congress, also recommends $50 billion to stabilize the airlines, $150 billion to issue loan guarantees to other struggling sectors, and $300 billion to for small businesses. The plan appears to anticipate that some of the loans would not be repaid,” the Associated Press reported.

Ya know... our national debt will NEVER be paid back, or even fractionally paid down, ever. So why don't they just WIPE THE DAMN SLATE CLEAN, FOR ALL NATIONS, just start over? Everybody gets a RESET, a WORLD economy reset.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-18-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Ka-Ching!

--

Band Aid on a gushing artery
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Ka-Ching!

--

So, not everyone gets a check for $1,000.00. Any idea what criteria they will be using.

Jim, are you saying $2,000 for everyone or $2,000 for your family. They are issuing in 2 waves but I don't think both waves are to same people. So, is it $1,000 per household or is it per individual.

Don't think us retired folks will be getting anything.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

7. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Ya know... our national debt will NEVER be paid back, or even fractionally paid down, ever. So why don't they just WIPE THE DAMN SLATE CLEAN, FOR ALL NATIONS, just start over? Everybody gets a RESET, a WORLD economy reset.
    It's all funny-money anyway so this wouldn't be a bad idea. Never gonna happen though.

Honestly, with as many people as I know are affected by this in the hospitality and entertainment industry, I am happy to see the gov't doing right (and working together for the first time in what, 3.5 years!) by these people who didn't voluntarily leave their jobs. Same with the other industries affected. I am not sure my husband and I will fall under the guidelines to get a check but we really don't need it so I'll probably give it to my sister. She's a bartender in a super small town and is a single mom who gets no help from my niece's dad. She made very good money bartending to support herself and my niece just fine. But sudden loss of that income is tough. For some reason she didn't qualify for unemployment here but our mom and I think she might have clicked something wrong.

9. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

The way I see it, the President wants me to have a new firearm. That's if I'm getting anything which is beside the point of me getting a new firearm? And I'm pretty sure he wants me to get an AR-15 w/ scope, laser optics, bayonet lug and loop sling

Why? Just because I can. The weapons I possess already meet any criteria an AR-15 might cover
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Likes LongTermGuy, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Shit, too many qualifications, and our family won't qualify and no dough for me.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock