Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Well, I Just Got Home From The Emergency Room...

So, sat down at the computer in the shop Wednesday after stocking up on groceries, and all of a sudden got some chest pain. Freaked me out for sure, caused some high anxiety, blood pressure shot way up, didn't know what to do. But I tried to relax and calm down and the pain did subside for the most part. FF to today, felt real good when I got up from bed but a little pain was starting again, and my chest felt tight and like there was pressure on it, and same thing all day yesterday, so after 3 days of it, I'm just completely freaked out that I'm having heart problems, so off to the emergency room I go, and I honestly expected them to find something, but, nothing. EKG was normal, chest X-rays nothing, and the blood tests showed my heart was fine. Well, that's GREAT to know, and CALMING, because I was convinced I was having angina pain or something... something heart related going on. But they said it's most likely "chest wall muscle pain and discomfort," which makes sense since I have so many pinched nerves it's pathetic, and that could do it, and why I feel so good after a hot shower. But damn, I was having some bad anxiety attacks which was just making it worse. At least now I know I'm not going to DIE. For crying out loud, I exercise, I eat pretty good, I'm not fat... so why would I be having heart problems? Well, SMOKING for one, BINGE smoking. I won't smoke for 2 or 3 days, even 4, maybe 5, but as soon as I pop a beer, have to get a pack of cigs, and I'll smoke the entire pack in one sitting while drinking beer, and just lately, couple times I had bought two packs of cigs so I wouldn't run out. But, I had only had a few cigs out of a pack when this hit me, but I threw that pack and an unopened pack in the TRASH, AND the ASHTRAY. Even if my lungs and heart are good, I' quitting anyway, done. Never really liked it anyway, and absolutely HATE the smell on my clothes and whatnot.

Back home though, they let me go, obviously, but the doctor did mention I maybe study up on meditation techniques, and that maybe I should have a stress test, which I think I'd just stomp through with flying colors. Funny thing is, I jogged a little over a mile on my treadmill earlier in the day before this all started.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-20-2020 at 07:10 PM.