Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Covid-19 Stats updates

Myself, I need to see numbers, stats, hard facts to enter to the 'ol ticker to make things compute.

Watching numbers increase puts another angle on things.

I chose points of interest and of course my own, and if anyone wants a specific area involved and updated, just lemme know!!

While I collected some stats, I had to refresh and go back to gather a few more. In that few minutes, there was already a change in the US!

--

Total Confirmed
    351,731 - 353,692 (the first was the total half an hour ago, and now updated)

Cases in the USA - 35,241 - 35,345 (the first was the total half an hour ago, and now updated)

New York City, New York, US
    Confirmed: 10,764
    Deaths: 99

Westchester, New York, US
    Confirmed: 1,873
    Deaths: 0

Los Angeles, California, US
    Confirmed: 409
    Deaths: 5

United Kingdom
    Confirmed: 5,683
    Deaths: 289

Italy
    Confirmed: 59,138
    Deaths: 5,476
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Rounded off, that's 10.8% of every person infected in Italy is dying.

That's just nightmarish.

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Myself, I need to see numbers, stats, hard facts to enter to the 'ol ticker to make things compute.

Watching numbers increase puts another angle on things.

I chose points of interest and of course my own, and if anyone wants a specific area involved and updated, just lemme know!!

While I collected some stats, I had to refresh and go back to gather a few more. In that few minutes, there was already a change in the US!

--

Total Confirmed
    351,731 - 353,692 (the first was the total half an hour ago, and now updated)

Cases in the USA - 35,241 - 35,345 (the first was the total half an hour ago, and now updated)

Confirmed: 10,764
    Deaths: 99

Confirmed: 1,873
    Deaths: 0

Confirmed: 409
    Deaths: 5

United Kingdom
    Confirmed: 5,683
    Deaths: 289

Italy
    Confirmed: 59,138
    Deaths: 5,476
    On your UK figure, the latest additions to deaths just broadcast on LBC is .. 46 more deaths in England ... just 4 deaths in Wales, where I am. These cover the past 24 hours.

By the way ... Sadiq Khan, London's Leftie mayor, has been taking time off from his favourite pastime, that of issuing vitriol against Donald Trump. He decided to do something to manage what happens in London.

At the end of last week, he implemented a reduction of the London Underground rail service .. saying that as demand for transport had dropped, no purpose was served by running the same train quantities.

So, today, those still needing to travel to work, did so. They found that reduced services created 'normal' travelling conditions ... and during rush hour, that means that people are crammed into carriages like sardines.

Sadiq Khan, I believe, can share something of the blame should infection rates soar still further in London.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

6. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Here are stats for today, collected around 1pm EST or so. You'll see some larger increases in NYC and now 2,000 more cases by me in ONE DAY.

--

Total Confirmed
    407,485 an increase of 53,793 since yesterday

Cases in the USA - 49,768 an increase of 14,423

Confirmed: 14,904 an increase of 4,140
    Deaths: 125 an increase of 26

Confirmed: 3,891 an increase of 2,108
    Deaths: 1

Confirmed: 540 an increase of 131
    Deaths: 8

----

United Kingdom
    Confirmed: 8,077 an increase of 2,394
    Deaths: 422 an increase of 133

Italy
    Confirmed: 69,176 an increase of 10,038
    Deaths: 6,820 an increase of 1,344
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

It was thought Italy had peaked, today showed, not yet.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    It was thought Italy had peaked, today showed, not yet.
    10k new and 1300+ dead. I don't want to be in NY right now but sure as hell don't want to be in Italy either!

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-cl...l_3281291.html

21 Million Fewer Cellphone Users in China May Suggest a High CCP Virus Death Toll

The number of Chinese cellphone users dropped by 21 million in the past three months, Beijing authorities announced on March 19. Deaths due to the CCP virus may have contributed to the high number of account closings.

Cellphones are an indispensable part of life in China.
    “The digitization level is very high in China. People can’t survive without a cellphone,” Tang Jingyuan, a U.S.-based China affairs commentator, told The Epoch Times on March 21. “Dealing with the government for pensions and social security, buying train tickets, shopping … no matter what people want to do, they are required to use cellphones.
    “The Chinese regime requires all Chinese to use their cellphones to generate a health code. Only with a green health code are Chinese allowed to move in China now. It’s impossible for a person to cancel his cellphone.”
    China introduced mandatory facial scans on Dec. 1, 2019, to confirm the identity of the person who registered the phone. As early as Sept. 1, 2010, China required all cellphone users to register phones with their real identification, by which the state can control people’s speech via its large-scale monitoring system.
    Furthermore, Chinese people’s bank accounts and social security accounts are bundled with their cellphone plans; apps on Chinese phones check SIM cards against the state’s database to make sure the number belongs to the user.
    Beijing first launched cellphone-based health codes on March 10. All people in China must install a cellphone app and register their personal health information. Then the app can generate a QR code, which appears in three colors, to classify the user’s health level. Red means the person has an infectious disease, yellow means the person might have one, and green means the person doesn’t.
    Beijing claimed that the health codes are intended to prevent the spread of the CCP virus, commonly known as novel coronavirus.

21 Million Cellphone Users

China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) announced on March 19 the number of phone users in each province in February. Compared with the previous announcement, which was released on Dec. 18, 2019, for November 2019 data, both cellphone and landline users dropped dramatically. In the same period the year before, the number of users increased.
    The number of cellphone users decreased from 1.600957 billion to 1.579927 billion, a drop of 21.03 million. The number of landline users decreased from 190.83 million to 189.99 million, a drop of 840,000.
    In the previous February, the number increased. According to MIIT, the number of cellphone users increased in February 2019 from 1.5591 billion to 1.5835 billion, which is 24.37 million more. The number of landline users increased from 183.477 million to 190.118 million, which is 6.641 million more.
    According to China’s National Bureau of Statistics, the country’s population at the end of 2019 was 4.67 million larger than in 2018, reaching 1.40005 billion.
    The 2020 decrease in landline users may be due to the nationwide quarantine in February, during which small businesses were shut down. But the decrease in cellphone users can’t be explained in this way.
    According to the operation data of all three Chinese cellphone carriers, cellphone accounts increased in December 2019 but dropped steeply in 2020.
    China Mobile is the largest carrier, holding about 60 percent of the Chinese cellphone market. It reported that it gained 3.732 million more accounts in December 2019, but lost 0.862 million in January 2020 and 7.254 million in February 2020.
    China Mobile’s performance in the same months in 2019 was markedly different; it gained 2.411 million more accounts in January 2019 and 1.091 million more in February 2019.
    China Telecom is the second-largest carrier, holding about 21 percent of the market. It gained 1.18 million users in December 2019, but lost 0.43 million users in January 2020 and 5.6 million users in February 2020.
    In 2019, it gained 4.26 million in January and 2.96 million in February.
    China Unicom, which hasn’t yet published the data for February, shares the same experience as the other two telecoms in January 2020 and in early 2019. The company lost 1.186 million users in January 2020, but gained 1.962 million users in February 2019 and 2.763 million users in January 2019.
    China allows each adult to apply for at most five cellphone numbers. Since Feb. 10, the majority of Chinese students have taken online classes with a cellphone number due to their schools being ordered to stay closed. These students’ accounts are under their parents’ names, which means some parents needed to open a new cellphone account in February.

read more at link

12. Thanks NightTrain, Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Those numbers do not shock me, I do hope OUR government takes a look and does some analysis.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

14. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think Trump knows all to well what's going on ,
    you can see it in his face and the way he speaks now , The CDC set him up for failure on this ,
    Every Death falls in the lap of the CDC and the democrats ,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Not sure why, even though the page says it was last updated at 9:46am today, no number changes for now. Odd.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Just heard that the death numbers in the US rose by 35% since yesterday.

18. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Just heard that the death numbers in the US rose by 35% since yesterday.
    Oh crap. Probably why no update, they don't want to further scare the bejeezus out of everyone!

20. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

There's only one reason I can think of, of why China suddenly has millions less cellphone users.

There's been a massive coverup and they've had millions of deaths.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

22. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    There's only one reason I can think of, of why China suddenly has millions less cellphone users.

There's been a massive coverup and they've had millions of deaths.
    THAT is the implication.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

THAT is the implication.
    If you were running a monumental coverup and hiding millions of deaths, would you allow American reporters running around doing their own investigations?

Or...... would you kick those meddling reporters out?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

25. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post