Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Wisconsin, total confirmed: 759, up only 128. FAR less than yesterday. I would LOVE to think we might be leveling off, or even go the other direction.

Milwaukee Co: 393, up 60.

(My Co.)Grant Co: Standing at 1.

Total WI dead: 10, up 3.

2. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The Scientist Whose Doomsday Pandemic Model Predicted Armageddon Just Walked Back The Apocalyptic Predictions

MARCH 26, 2020 By Madeline Osburn
    British scientist Neil Ferguson ignited the world’s drastic response to the novel Wuhan coronavirus when he published the bombshell report predicting 2.2 million Americans and more than half a million Brits would be killed. After both the U.S. and U.K. governments effectively shut down their citizens and economies, Ferguson is walking back his doomsday scenarios.
    Ferguson’s report from Imperial College, which White House and other officials took seriously, said that if the U.S. and U.K. did not shut down for 18 months, and isolation measures were not taken, “we would expect a peak in mortality (daily deaths) to occur after approximately 3 months.” His “models” showed overflowing hospitals and ICU beds.

“For an uncontrolled epidemic, we predict critical care bed capacity would be exceeded as early as the second week in April, with an eventual peak in ICU or critical care bed demand that is over 30 times greater than the maximum supply in both countries,” the report reads.
    Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response coordinator, reportedly said the administration was particularly focused on the Imperial College report’s conclusion that entire households should stay in isolation for 14 days if any member suffered from COVID-19 symptoms.
    But after tens of thousands of restaurants, bars, and businesses closed, Ferguson is now retracting his modeling, saying he feels “reasonably confident” our health care system can cope when the predicted peak of the epidemic arrives in a few weeks. Testifying before the U.K.’s parliamentary select committee on science and technology on Wednesday, Ferguson said he now predicts U.K. deaths from the disease will not exceed 20,000, and could be much lower.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/26...rce=whatfinger

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    The UK's example defies this.

Our Government's original approach was shaped after the WHO's original pronouncements and data. It was to attempt a 'herd immunity' effect, which necessitated NOT applying a nationwide lockdown.

But, because of how this virus has hit us, how it is in particular that the trend of infection is mirroring Italy's, as Italy stood, around 2 weeks ago .. our Government realised that its spread would be uncontrollable unless far more stringent rules were applied.

So it is that we're under a near-total lockdown for a minimum 3 week period.

The fact of the matter is that constantly revised data, updated daily, convinced our Government that they had to exercise far greater controls. It was either that, or risk many thousands of additional deaths.

I do not believe that the rapidly escalating numbers of deaths being reported are lies. This is a dangerous pandemic, and the circumstances of it are such that harsh, draconian social controls are the only real weapon we have against it (unless a vaccine will appear within days ??). It's either that, or, allowing avoidable mass death to occur.
    I think that you are omitting considering of factors in your nation, the open borders your nation has and its aging population, plus the mass numbers of connections it has with the rest of Europe. I never stated the current data on death numbers was a lie. I did note primarily that the death rate was not 3.4% across the board and certainly not the 10.4% as has oft been cited by the fear mongers in government that want the most fear they can gin up.
    I merely pointed out that it is not as bad as they have played it to be-- at least not yet--but should it mutate to a far greater threat --yes then it would be.
    To me it seems if one tries to point out the numbers have been fudged and they have-- that person is soundly vilified.
    I love math, always have- as it stands the number of deaths in comparison to say the flu--does not rate the level of fear the governments have deliberately raised up. Until I see it increased and reliably proven I stand with my original assessment on the issue.
    AND YES, with my health issues, I am in the group most at risk that has underlying conditions and old age 66.
    I am taking sensible precautions but I refuse to panic now. Possibly if it gets worse I may my friend..
    Sorry that your nation has got it so bad but the EU open borders policy and its healthcare system shares a lot of blame for that.-Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 03-26-2020 at 04:51 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    I saw that coming.

But will we ever REALLY know the TRUTH about how many were infected and have or will die in China? I doubt it. They KILL people that leak out information they don't want out.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-26-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    ... and old age 66.
    HEY... I'm going to be 65 in July... we're NOT OLD... ...

My 91 year old mother is OLD.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-26-2020 at 04:49 PM.

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    HEY... I'm going to be 65 in July... we're NOT OLD... ...

My 91 year old mother is OLD.
    Well we sure aren't Spring chickens either my friend!- --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

10. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Well we sure aren't Spring chickens either my friend!- --Tyr
    I pretend I am...

Then I have a scare like I did the other day, and I'm reminded I'm not 25 anymore...

12. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I know with all things equal that everyone is in this together. I think places that are much much lower than the others very well still may see their own increases. I'm not ignoring any part of our nation! But I'm still overly concerned with where I live. Not only did NYC see another large increase, but my county got another 1250+ cases.
    Don't worry Jim, the rest of us are watching NYC closely:

Fleeing New Yorkers – The Super Spreaders Of COVID-19?

As the White House continues to battle the spread of Coronavirus, another issue has arisen. Residents of New York City are fleeing the state to avoid infection. But what if, rather than escaping COVID-19, they simply bring it with them?
    Trump Administration Warns Fleeing New Yorkers

White House officials are urging people leaving New York City to self-quarantine for 14 days to prevent taking the virus to their destinations. During a task force briefing, Dr. Deborah Birx pointed out that more than 60% of new Coronavirus cases in the United States are occurring in the New York metro area.
    “We remain deeply concerned about New York City,” Birx said. “About 56% of all the cases in the United States are coming out of that metro area and 60% of all the new cases are coming out of the metro New York area and 31% of the people succumbing to this disease.”
    Birx noted that the people fleeing New York might have already been exposed prior to leaving. If this is the case, they could bring it with them to people in other states, thus making the situation worse – all while still becoming sick.
    According to Birx, there is evidence that people leaving the city have spread the virus. She pointed to a number of new cases in Long Island. “That suggests people have left the city, so this will be very critical that those individuals do self-quarantine in their homes over these next 14 days to make sure they don’t pass the virus,” she explained.

https://www.libertynation.com/white-...rce=whatfinger

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    Don't worry Jim, the rest of us are watching NYC closely:

Fleeing New Yorkers – The Super Spreaders Of COVID-19?

As the White House continues to battle the spread of Coronavirus, another issue has arisen. Residents of New York City are fleeing the state to avoid infection. But what if, rather than escaping COVID-19, they simply bring it with them?
    Trump Administration Warns Fleeing New Yorkers

White House officials are urging people leaving New York City to self-quarantine for 14 days to prevent taking the virus to their destinations. During a task force briefing, Dr. Deborah Birx pointed out that more than 60% of new Coronavirus cases in the United States are occurring in the New York metro area.
    “We remain deeply concerned about New York City,” Birx said. “About 56% of all the cases in the United States are coming out of that metro area and 60% of all the new cases are coming out of the metro New York area and 31% of the people succumbing to this disease.”
    Birx noted that the people fleeing New York might have already been exposed prior to leaving. If this is the case, they could bring it with them to people in other states, thus making the situation worse – all while still becoming sick.
    According to Birx, there is evidence that people leaving the city have spread the virus. She pointed to a number of new cases in Long Island. “That suggests people have left the city, so this will be very critical that those individuals do self-quarantine in their homes over these next 14 days to make sure they don’t pass the virus,” she explained.

https://www.libertynation.com/white-...rce=whatfinger
    I hate to say this but, I can't miss this opportunity... so there you have it... all these leftist city slickers, and all the times they've made fun of us HICKS out here in FLY OVER COUNTRY, and how we're all STUPID and BACKWARDS. Well, what the hell are they FLEEING THEIR CITY FOR if it's SO GREAT? You mean now it's NOT SO GREAT, that they have to RUN FOR HILLS out here by all us INBRED, RETARDED, BIBLE READING, GUN CLINGING, TRUMP SUPPORTERS?

Well how about that... NEVER knew all those leftist city slickers would LEAVE THEIR CITY in a time of CRISIS... knock me over with a feather...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-26-2020 at 05:32 PM.

15. Likes FakeNewsSux, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

This needs to be read and considered. -Tyr

Coronavirus: Why Germany has such a low COVID-19 death rate

AINER
    Coronavirus: Why Germany has such a low COVID-19 death rate
    Germany has had around 200 coronavirus deaths despite having more than 37,000 confirmed cases of the disease.
    By Alice Udale-Smith, news reporter and Carmen Aguilar García, data journalist

Thursday 26 March 2020 21:02, UK
    COVID-19CORONAVIRUSGERMANY
    Just 0.6% of Germany's confirmed coronavirus cases have ended up being fatal
    Image:
    Just 0.6% of Germany's confirmed coronavirus cases have ended up being fatal

Why you can trust Sky News
    When comparing how countries around the world are coping with COVID-19, one country immediately stands out.

In Germany, just 0.6% of their confirmed coronavirus cases have so far ended up being fatal - the lowest figure amongst any of the most affected countries.

Sponsored link
    If You Like to Play, This City-Building Game is a…
    Free Game
    Forge of Empires
    Recommended by
    The next best case fatality rate is 1.4%, which can be found in the United States, Switzerland, Portugal and South Korea, while in some countries the death rate is substantially higher.

In Italy, 10.1% of confirmed cases have ended up proving fatal.

The answer to why Germany's figure is so much better partly lies in the way the case fatality rate is calculated.

Advertisement
    The figure is produced by dividing the number of deaths by the total number of confirmed cases.

This means if a country only tests seriously ill patients they will have a higher case fatality rate, as a higher proportion of these patients will die.

Here is another link on Germany' death count being so low. -Tyr

Coronavirus: Why Germany’s death toll is so low

Jill Petzinger
    Jill Petzinger, Germany Correspondent, Yahoo Finance UK
    Yahoo Finance UKMarch 26, 2020
    Christian Drosten, director of the Institute of Virology at Berlin's Charite hospital, poses after a press conference in Berlin on March 26, 2020, to comment the spread of the novel coronavirus in the country. (Photo by Michael Kappeler / POOL / AFP) (Photo by MICHAEL KAPPELER/POOL/AFP via Getty Images)
    Christian Drosten, director of the Institute of Virology at Charite hospital, in Berlin, Germany. (Michael Kappeler/AFP via Getty Images)
    More
    Germany is the fifth most-affected country in the world, in terms of confirmed cases of coronavirus. As of Thursday 26 March, the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Europe’s largest economy stood at 39,502, according to Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Research Center.

Yet despite tens of thousands of cases, Germany so far has reported 222 deaths from the virus, dramatically lower that the more than 7,500 in Italy and around 4,000 in Spain. This low fatality rate of 0.56% has attracted global attention and debate.

Christian Drosten, Institute for Virology director at Berlin’s Charité hospital, said that the low death toll from coronavirus is mainly down to extensive testing.

"The reason why we have so few deaths compared to the number of infected people is because we do a lot of laboratory diagnostics," Drosten said at a press conference on Thursday. In Germany, over half a million coronavirus tests are currently being carried out every week.

Drosten was speaking at the launch of a new research network, a “national taskforce” that will pool the expertise of university clinics and scientists to collect data and speed research into understanding and tackling the spread of the virus. The government will back the network with €150m (£137m, $162m).

Making direct comparisons between national mortality rates can be misleading, not just because of recording lags and different methodologies on reporting cases and deaths, but also because of the extent of testing. The more aggressively a country tests for coronavirus, the more cases of mild infections will be found and recorded in the statistics, which pushes the fatality percentage down.
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 03-26-2020 at 05:45 PM.

17. Thanks FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Because we are providing more testing.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

19. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Since yesterday:

Total Confirmed
    576,859 an increase of 55,573

94,238 US an increase of 14,453

New York City, New York, US
    Confirmed: 25,573 an increase of 3,700
    Deaths: 365 an increase of 84

Westchester, New York, US
    Confirmed: 7,187 an increase of 1,243

Los Angeles, California, US
    Confirmed: 1,230 an increase of 418
    Deaths: 21 an increase of 8

-----

United Kingdom
    Confirmed: 14,543 an increase of 2,885
    Deaths: 759 an increase of 181

Italy
    Confirmed: 86,498 an increase of 12,112
    Deaths: 9,134 an increase of 1,631

Spain
    Confirmed: 64,059
    Deaths: 4,934

Germany
    Confirmed: 49,344
    Deaths: 304
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Since yesterday:

Total Confirmed
    576,859 an increase of 55,573

94,238 US an increase of 14,453

New York City, New York, US
    Confirmed: 25,573 an increase of 3,700
    Deaths: 365 an increase of 84

Westchester, New York, US
    Confirmed: 7,187 an increase of 1,243

Los Angeles, California, US
    Confirmed: 1,230 an increase of 418
    Deaths: 21 an increase of 8

-----

United Kingdom
    Confirmed: 14,543 an increase of 2,885
    Deaths: 759 an increase of 181

Italy
    Confirmed: 86,498 an increase of 12,112
    Deaths: 9,134 an increase of 1,631

Spain
    Confirmed: 64,059
    Deaths: 4,934

Germany
    Confirmed: 49,344
    Deaths: 304
    I know that 5 died overnight in AZ.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Too soon to say the 'stay at home' is working, but also to soon to say it's long enough?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

March 24 (GMT)

March 25 (GMT)

March 26 (GMT)

March 27 (GMT)

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill