Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

So Cuomo is all pissed off that Pres. Trump doesn't give him everything he needs as soon as he demands them. I wonder what he was up to a week before Pres. Trump placed a travel ban on China to try and protect the citizens of this country from COVID-19?:

Cuomo proposes 3 percent tax on new medical facilities

Many health care firms looking to erect new medical facilities face a fat tax hike under Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s $178-billion budget plan.
    The proposal will slap health care providers with a new 3 percent surcharge — on top of the current .55 percent fee — to win Albany’s OK to construct new hospital facilities, nursing homes, diagnostic treatment centers, ambulatory surgery centers and other clinics
    Cuomo is trying to close a projected $6 billion shortfall in his spending plan, and the proposal is an effort to generate $70 million in revenue.
    Firms seeking to start or open new medical facilities cannot do so unless a “certificate of need” application is approved by the state Health Department.
    But health care advocates and analysts said the 3 percent surcharge is a sick tax that should be rejected.
    “This does not seem to be fully thought through. In the Public Health Law, ‘hospital’ is a broad term that includes not only things we ordinarily call hospitals, but also community health centers, clinics, nursing homes, etc,” said Assembly Health Committee Chairman Richard Gottfried (D-Manhattan).
    https://nypost.com/2020/01/26/cuomo-...al-facilities/

https://medium.com/concentrated-bene...e-b8d3ec84242f
    Last edited by FakeNewsSux; 03-24-2020 at 07:54 PM.

2. Thanks NightTrain, Drummond, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    So Cuomo is all pissed off that Pres. Trump doesn't give him everything he needs as soon as he demands them. I wonder what he was up to a week before Pres. Trump placed a travel ban on China to try and protect the citizens of this country from COVID-19?:
    Good info, Fakey. I was unaware of CON laws... and what a silly idea. It's known that competition drives prices down and spurs creativity.

And a 3% tax on medical care is pretty draconian - that's going to be passed on to the patients and insurance who are already feeling the sting from the event.

My deceased younger brother racked up over a million dollars in under 3 weeks in ICU back in 2014... medical costs these days are staggering.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The politics of the Party of Cuomo/DeBlasio (Wilhelm) have come back to bite them in the ass. The precious, anointed homeless population are playing the same role as those flea infested rats of Europe in the Dark Ages. Where do homeless people shelter in place anyway? :

Coronavirus in NY: 30 people in homeless shelters test positive

The number of homeless individuals in New York City’s crammed shelter system infected with the coronavirus exploded to 30 from just a single case reported last week – with one being referred from the equally stressed public hospital network.
    One of the homeless people who tested positive was sent to a shelter by a public hospital because the person exhibited only mild symptoms and was not deemed sick enough to be admitted, a Department of Homeless official said.
    The hospital referral was first reported by The City.
    Anticipating a massive increase of infected shelter residents, DHS has identified 500 isolated units in the system that can be used to quarantine its clients. These units will be located in facilities separate from the regular homeless population, said spokesman Isaac McGinn.
    The 30 COVID-19 cases were identified across 22 shelter locations. The sprawling shelter system serves 58,000 homeless individuals at 450 sites.
    Eight of the infected shelter residents were ill enough to be hospitalized, 10 are quarantined in separate locations, seven are “self-isolating” in their own units and five have left the shelter system, McGinn said.
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/corona...rce=whatfinger

5. Thanks Kathianne, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

3/25/20

Cuomo says that the numbers appear to be slowing, though still rising. Instead of hospital admissions continuing to double every 2 days, it's up to over 3 days. Again, the 'stay at home order,' hasn't been in effect that long.

So, we wait and see. Still hard to say that it's truly cause and effect.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

7. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

More generalised commenting, here, from a foreigner ....

The BBC relayed some of Cuomo's Press briefing. We heard his speech about New York being other cities' future. It was a warning all of your politicians need to heed. Especially Trump, who (again, as the BBC is relaying, and adding its own commentary to !) is apparently expecting America to have turned a corner by Easter, enough to 'open up the country' .. ?

The BBC's coverage had an American scientist come on air for a Skype interview ... and this scientist was as forthright as you could possibly imagine in his views about how wrong-headed that all was.

Of course, since that's the BBC's own broadcast, you could expect them to trawl around for the strongest criticism available against Trump (we've seen street interview after street interview of 'ordinary' Americans who have only bad things to say about Trump ... usually including one Trump backer, who 'amazingly' comes across as less articulate, etc ..). But in this case, whether or not it was anti-Trump weighted ... I think the scientist is right.

Italy seems to be a Covid-19 trend template. I'm sure most of America will mirror it, assuming that isolations don't skew matters. We're sure that London is, and London is 2-3 weeks behind Italy. We're expecting a steep rise in both infections and deaths, starting right now.

But as for Trump ... I'm disappointed. He does appear not to be comprehending the reality of Covid-19's capacity for harm. I think that the 'high risk strategy' dynamic businessman methodology Trump may have employed elsewhere in other circumstances, cannot be safely applied here ! I don't think Covid-19 is aiming to do a deal !

I hope Trump can learn and 'wise up'. Because if not, if he really has more of a regard for the US economy than human life (the BBC's chosen viewpoint, from what I've seen) ... well .........
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Comparisons from around the nation give you and idea just how bad it is here in NY.

16,000 approx cases in NYC and 4,000 here in Westchester - not even counting the rest of the state.

The state as a whole has 26,000+ cases all as of yesterday.

The next closest is NJ with 3700+
    Cali 2700

... I just copy paste them below to show you the difference between NY and the rest of the nation. We have more cases in just my local county than every other state!!

26,376 confirmed New York US

3,675 confirmed New Jersey US

2,628 confirmed California US

2,472 confirmed Washington US

1,793 confirmed Michigan US

1,537 confirmed Illinois US

1,467 confirmed Florida US

1,388 confirmed Louisiana US

1,159 confirmed Massachusetts US
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Comparisons from around the nation give you and idea just how bad it is here in NY.

16,000 approx cases in NYC and 4,000 here in Westchester - not even counting the rest of the state.

The state as a whole has 26,000+ cases all as of yesterday.

The next closest is NJ with 3700+
    Cali 2700

... I just copy paste them below to show you the difference between NY and the rest of the nation. We have more cases in just my local county than every other state!!

26,376 confirmed New York US

3,675 confirmed New Jersey US

2,628 confirmed California US

2,472 confirmed Washington US

1,793 confirmed Michigan US

1,537 confirmed Illinois US

1,467 confirmed Florida US

1,388 confirmed Louisiana US

1,159 confirmed Massachusetts US
    and there's no reason for anyone to doubt that other areas will follow in a percentage way. It started it's hard drive in NY, but is not finished.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    and there's no reason for anyone to doubt that other areas will follow in a percentage way. It started its hard drive in NY, but is not finished.
    I don't venture much right now. Dunkin Donuts still open, but I'll gladly drink at home. Grocery stores getting less and less people, but I wear my gloves in there for anything I touch or the buttons on way out. Other than that, the local gas station is open for folks to get gas, and their garage is open too. The poor senior mechanic is still stuck in Italy where he went to visit his sick Mom last month. Frank is a GREAT Italian guy, who u can barely understand, but I love him to death!! I pray he comes back OK.

But Westchester is bad. We may not have the numbers of NYC, but "Lower Westchester" where I live is hit hard, and I'm afraid going up since it doubled 2 days ago. And it's made me more and more nervous, and less and less activity.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 03-25-2020 at 11:28 AM.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

13. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I don't venture much right now. Dunkin Donuts still open, but I'll gladly drink at home. Grocery stores getting less and less people, but I wear my gloves in there for anything I touch or the buttons on way out. Other than that, the local gas station is open for folks to get gas, and their garage is open too. The poor senior mechanic is still stuck in Italy where he went to visit his sick Mom last month. Frank is a GREAT Italian guy, who u can barely understand, but I love him to death!! I pray he comes back OK.

But Westchester is bad. We may not have the numbers of NYC, but "Lower Westchester" where I live is hit hard, and I'm afraid going up since it doubled 2 days ago. And it's made me more and more nervous, and less and less activity.
    I think it's important to give the panicky feelings some rest. Meditate, pray, sing, whatever calms and takes your mind away for a bit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I think it's important to give the panicky feelings some rest. Meditate, pray, sing, whatever calms and takes your mind away for a bit.
    When I am home I'm in my sanctuary zone. Up here in my computer room aka bacterial cesspool - My own little world that no one dares enter. I get plenty of relaxation in here.

It's when I venture out or if I spend hours reading the news. But I feel like I "have to" to stay up to date, know all the details. I like to hit like 45 different websites if I can for my news. Guaranteed to get it all that way and from various angles!

But I do have medical fears, have for quite a few years now. I think it started with them horrid withdrawals years back. So now I never want off of my medications until I die. Told my Doc that too! And I don't have necessarily a fear of death, but I surely don't want to die! But my brother in Georgia isn't in the best of health... has emphysema and still smokes and major back problems and lots of medications. And then my Dad in Florida, who is now 84 I think? Obviously not one who wants to get this. So a lot of nerves all the way around on this one.

16. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

When I am home I'm in my sanctuary zone. Up here in my computer room aka bacterial cesspool - My own little world that no one dares enter. I get plenty of relaxation in here.

It's when I venture out or if I spend hours reading the news. But I feel like I "have to" to stay up to date, know all the details. I like to hit like 45 different websites if I can for my news. Guaranteed to get it all that way and from various angles!

But I do have medical fears, have for quite a few years now. I think it started with them horrid withdrawals years back. So now I never want off of my medications until I die. Told my Doc that too! And I don't have necessarily a fear of death, but I surely don't want to die! But my brother in Georgia isn't in the best of health... has emphysema and still smokes and major back problems and lots of medications. And then my Dad in Florida, who is now 84 I think? Obviously not one who wants to get this. So a lot of nerves all the way around on this one.
    Prayers for them. I tend to read, but can't say that lately it's been relaxing. LOL!

18. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Prayers for them. I tend to read, but can't say that lately it's been relaxing. LOL!
    Thank you, Kath! I know Jeff says hello to everyone here, always asks about everyone! Dad doesn't though.

20. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Thank you, Kath! I know Jeff says hello to everyone here, always asks about everyone! Dad doesn't though.
    Tell Jeff, "Hi!" He's missed. Tell your dad, "Hi!" just to keep him on his toes!

22. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Tell Jeff, "Hi!" He's missed. Tell your dad, "Hi!" just to keep him on his toes!
    His computer died a few years back and that was the end of DP for him. I try to coax him to stop in quickly every now and again, even if on his phone, but no dice. Maybe his fat fingers won't let him.

Jeff I think is 58 now? I think he was born in 1962, then Janeen in 1966 followed by John in 1967 - and then then finally got it right and created perfection with me in 1968 and no more kids.

I'm glad Joanie isn't here to deal with this, now that would make me sick. But she too would be out of work and I would go get her and bring her here. But she obviously had health issues and likely wouldn't have beat this if she got it, due to heart and lung issues.

24. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default New York City weighs closing parks, playgrounds and streets...

A shame that some actions need to be taken instead of folks just listening. Too many younger folks simply don't care about others.

--

New York City weighs closing parks, playgrounds and streets to enforce social distancing, Gov. Cuomo says

Gov. Andrew Cuomo plans to close some streets in New York City and may close parks and playgrounds to contain the coronavirus outbreak by reducing density.

State and local officials are taking a tougher stance because city residents aren’t following the state’s guidance encouraging people to maintain a distance of at least six feet from each other, he said.

“The plan is going to pilot closing streets in New York City because we have much less traffic in New York City. We have many fewer vehicles in New York City. Open streets,” by opening the streets, fewer people will congregate in the parks, he said in a press conference Wednesday. “People want to walk. They want to go out and get some air. You want a less dense area, so pilot closing streets to cars, opening streets to pedestrians.”

New York is the hardest-hit state in the country, with the number of cases doubling about every three days.

Rest - https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/coro...uomo-says.html

26. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post