Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: Cuomo Today

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    41,597
    Thanks (Given)
    16330
    Thanks (Received)
    12101
    Likes (Given)
    4977
    Likes (Received)
    2533
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475415

    Default Cuomo Today

    Rate of increase in cases is going up. 2X every 3 days. !40k hospital beds may be needed. Their project need is 40K ICU beds, they have 3k.

    They are opening Javits center as a hospital.

    They could be 14 days from a serious problems. They NEED to slow the increase, it hasn't happened yet.

    They have the highest testing in the US. They've exhausted their options, they've done all they could, including anti-malarial trials. They are testing for antibodies to virus-meaning immunity.

    Apex is higher than thought and coming sooner than thought it would. They are still far short in the number of beds. They are trying to get hotels, dorms, etc. They need more healthcare workers and back up workers. They know the rate of sickness among staff is high.

    The are desperate for ventilators. Life and death depends upon them. They have 3-4k. They have gained 7k, still need 30k. Can't be bought or found. Can't be made in 10 days. They are trying a procedure of using 1 ventilator for 2 patients. It's experimental, dangerous, but necessary. He is asking the feds to consider using National Procurement Act. 3 or 5 weeks isn't going to cut it, the feds under the act would give the company the $$ for workers to produce in 14 days. No red tape. Voluntary offers are too slow.

    He's also suggesting to move ventilators across the country-NY is the 'canary in the coal mine.' What's now there, will be somewhere else when it passes NY. Then move them to the next region reaching their apex.

    He's realizing what others are not, that the virus is moving at different times through the population. Now it's NY, CA, WA; Next will be IL, FL, TX, etc. We can learn and help as time goes on.

    Job 1 should be saving lives.

    Let those with antibodies go back to work. Then the economy can move along without more health endangerment. People are not going to pick 'fix economy over lives,' restart economy while protecting the health.
    “The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.” De Tocqueville



  2. Thanks NightTrain, Drummond thanked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    12,645
    Thanks (Given)
    7903
    Thanks (Received)
    13802
    Likes (Given)
    2012
    Likes (Received)
    2155
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475125

    Default

    As much as I loathe his politics, I have to say that Cuomo is all over this and doing a good job. I get a kick out of his NY 'tough guy' phrasing and almost a mafia kind of cadence to his speech at times.

    Jim does the same thing, and they're probably both completely unaware of it. Sharon loves hearing Jim talk because it reminds her of her childhood in New Jersey.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

  4. Thanks Kathianne, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    41,597
    Thanks (Given)
    16330
    Thanks (Received)
    12101
    Likes (Given)
    4977
    Likes (Received)
    2533
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    As much as I loathe his politics, I have to say that Cuomo is all over this and doing a good job. I get a kick out of his NY 'tough guy' phrasing and almost a mafia kind of cadence to his speech at times.

    Jim does the same thing, and they're probably both completely unaware of it. Sharon loves hearing Jim talk because it reminds her of her childhood in New Jersey.
    Yeah, I loathed him. then last week I caught one of his briefings, I was shocked by how much he seemed to know. Then he go along with Trump, whereas they'd been feuding just weeks ago-remember?

    Today he's on Trump's shit list. He 'could have ordered ventilators two years ago for pandemic, he chose not to. Not the federal government's fault.

    Trump wants the country back to work. By Easter.

    Not built to 'stay home.' I've been watching him on FOX town hall with Pence, US Surgeon General, Birks.

    Even referring to 'hot spots' he says we can work around those that are ill. We got to get back to work.

    If he's right, genius. If he's wrong, gonna be ugly.
    “The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.” De Tocqueville



  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    60,905
    Thanks (Given)
    7069
    Thanks (Received)
    28172
    Likes (Given)
    3652
    Likes (Received)
    4317
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Rate of increase in cases is going up. 2X every 3 days. !40k hospital beds may be needed. Their project need is 40K ICU beds, they have 3k.

    They are opening Javits center as a hospital.

    They could be 14 days from a serious problems. They NEED to slow the increase, it hasn't happened yet.

    They have the highest testing in the US. They've exhausted their options, they've done all they could, including anti-malarial trials. They are testing for antibodies to virus-meaning immunity.

    Apex is higher than thought and coming sooner than thought it would. They are still far short in the number of beds. They are trying to get hotels, dorms, etc. They need more healthcare workers and back up workers. They know the rate of sickness among staff is high.

    The are desperate for ventilators. Life and death depends upon them. They have 3-4k. They have gained 7k, still need 30k. Can't be bought or found. Can't be made in 10 days. They are trying a procedure of using 1 ventilator for 2 patients. It's experimental, dangerous, but necessary. He is asking the feds to consider using National Procurement Act. 3 or 5 weeks isn't going to cut it, the feds under the act would give the company the $$ for workers to produce in 14 days. No red tape. Voluntary offers are too slow.

    He's also suggesting to move ventilators across the country-NY is the 'canary in the coal mine.' What's now there, will be somewhere else when it passes NY. Then move them to the next region reaching their apex.

    He's realizing what others are not, that the virus is moving at different times through the population. Now it's NY, CA, WA; Next will be IL, FL, TX, etc. We can learn and help as time goes on.

    Job 1 should be saving lives.

    Let those with antibodies go back to work. Then the economy can move along without more health endangerment. People are not going to pick 'fix economy over lives,' restart economy while protecting the health.
    My Dad told me that Trump aka a few companies got some there and more coming, but unfortunately it's still gonna be hard to keep up. NYC is going to be much much worse, as it's a much more confined area for like 8 million people. I'm about 10-15 miles just north of there, and it's not any prettier. The only benefit in NY is the amount of hospitals, of which there are tons. But ventilators are needed as much as beds, if not more. I know some folks are getting plain old oxygen tubes as well. But the numbers are increasing quickly, and the "peak" hasn't hit yet. And the numbers are increasing quickly in NYC and here in lower Westchester County. Many many more are starting to wear masks.

    Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    As much as I loathe his politics, I have to say that Cuomo is all over this and doing a good job. I get a kick out of his NY 'tough guy' phrasing and almost a mafia kind of cadence to his speech at times.

    Jim does the same thing, and they're probably both completely unaware of it. Sharon loves hearing Jim talk because it reminds her of her childhood in New Jersey.
    I try and type like an 'adult' on here mostly, but in live time I revert back to my usual NJ/NY dirtbag roots! A lot of people get a kick out of the NY/NJ talking. I am NOT one that talks like a hardcore NY'er from Brooklyn. I detest that accent myself. I didn't even think I have any type of accent at all, but ways of speaking and saying words for surely! Especially them bad ones!
    “A person who has never owned a dog has missed a wonderful part of life.”Bob Barker
    “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”Dean Koontz
    "If I could be half the person my dog is, I'd be twice the human I am" - Charles Yu

  7. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, NightTrain, Drummond liked this post
  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    41,597
    Thanks (Given)
    16330
    Thanks (Received)
    12101
    Likes (Given)
    4977
    Likes (Received)
    2533
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475415

    Default

    He is back to the flu, car accidents, and depression causes suicide. I do hope he's right, but I have my doubts. It could be genius, it could be disaster. He was at this point a little over a week ago; then seemed to care about lives; now he's back where he was. "Hey, people die of all sorts of things, we got to get back to work."

    https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morri...merica-easter/

    ...By the way, at the same time this town hall took place, this bad news from Italy arrived. Looks like they’re not past the increase in deaths yet:
    CNN
    @CNN





    Italy has reported an increase in deaths of coronavirus in the last 24 hours. Another 743 people have died as a result of coronavirus. At least 6,820 people have died in Italy so far. There are at least 69,176 confirmed case of coronavirus in the country. https://cnn.it/2Ux3IDI



    Italy coronavirus death toll rises by 743 in last day

    Italy has reported an increase in deaths of coronavirus in the last 24 hours.
    cnn.com







    108

    11:00 AM - Mar 24, 2020
    Twitter Ads info and privacy



    89 people are talking about this










    It will be interesting to see what the message will be by the time Trump holds his presser this evening. Will they stick with this deadline, or will we see a walkback when the implications of this sink in with Trump’s advisers?
    Let’s not forget, though, that governors control most of this process, including when businesses re-open. They may not be anywhere near as sanguine about their preparations — and they’ll be a lot closer to the situation.
    ...
    It's true about the governors and control of 'stay at home orders,' but if the President is calling those at home shirkers, unpatriotic, etc., his 'people' will flip off the governor or anyone that tries to stop them.
    “The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.” De Tocqueville



  9. Likes Drummond liked this post
  10. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    12,645
    Thanks (Given)
    7903
    Thanks (Received)
    13802
    Likes (Given)
    2012
    Likes (Received)
    2155
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Yeah, I loathed him. then last week I caught one of his briefings, I was shocked by how much he seemed to know. Then he go along with Trump, whereas they'd been feuding just weeks ago-remember?
    Yes, I do. I'm proud of both of them for putting aside vastly different political views and working together on this.

    Today he's on Trump's shit list. He 'could have ordered ventilators two years ago for pandemic, he chose not to. Not the federal government's fault.
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Trump was talking about de Blasio. De Blasio hasn't stopped his whining yet or shown any kind of leadership. If NYC is saved, it'll be due to Trump and Coumo's hard work and foresight.

    Trump wants the country back to work. By Easter.
    Not going to happen. I've been accused of being overly optimistic but this just isn't reasonable.

    I understand where Trump is coming from and his dismay of watching his hard work erased in such a manner so quickly, but the economy will come roaring back - AFTER we have a handle on the damned virus.

    He just needs to be patient and have faith.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

  11. Thanks Kathianne, Drummond thanked this post
  12. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    41,597
    Thanks (Given)
    16330
    Thanks (Received)
    12101
    Likes (Given)
    4977
    Likes (Received)
    2533
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Yes, I do. I'm proud of both of them for putting aside vastly different political views and working together on this.



    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Trump was talking about de Blasio. De Blasio hasn't stopped his whining yet or shown any kind of leadership. If NYC is saved, it'll be due to Trump and Coumo's hard work and foresight.



    Not going to happen. I've been accused of being overly optimistic but this just isn't reasonable.

    I understand where Trump is coming from and his dismay of watching his hard work erased in such a manner so quickly, but the economy will come roaring back - AFTER we have a handle on the damned virus.

    He just needs to be patient and have faith.
    He mentioned Cuomo by name. I heard that DeBlasio didn't fill out forms the other week, he's an idiot. This ventilator thing has to do with emergency preparedness coordination-governor.

    I think Cuomo is panicking with the NYC numbers, they say apex hits in 14-21 days. He's not getting anything 'made' by that time. So, panic. Trump doesn't like being criticized, especially when he's trying to go back to his happier scenario.

    Seriously Rick, I hope you're right and he can be talked back. I don't know, but it could be one of those 'things' that puts me back to a write in vote. Sort of laughing/crying. It's beyond reckless.
    “The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.” De Tocqueville



  13. Thanks NightTrain, Drummond thanked this post
  14. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    12,645
    Thanks (Given)
    7903
    Thanks (Received)
    13802
    Likes (Given)
    2012
    Likes (Received)
    2155
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    He mentioned Cuomo by name. I heard that DeBlasio didn't fill out forms the other week, he's an idiot. This ventilator thing has to do with emergency preparedness coordination-governor.
    I'll have to go look. I'm pretty sure what Trump said is that de Blasio didn't order the equipment and Coumo will save the day because he was on top of things. Again, I may have misheard what was said.

    I think Cuomo is panicking with the NYC numbers, they say apex hits in 14-21 days. He's not getting anything 'made' by that time. So, panic. Trump doesn't like being criticized, especially when he's trying to go back to his happier scenario.
    I definitely detected panic with Coumo this morning, but if those numbers are correct, it's justified and there'd better be a lot of Cavalry headed that way right now.

    Seriously Rick, I hope you're right and he can be talked back. I don't know, but it could be one of those 'things' that puts me back to a write in vote. Sort of laughing/crying. It's beyond reckless.
    We live in interesting times and this is all new to everyone. This whole thing will be studied in depth for decades to come.

    It's not unreasonable to see people getting frustrated, especially our leaders who are supposed to have answers to every scenario that pops up - this is all being figured out on the fly and the stakes literally couldn't be higher for all of us.

    I can't imagine the stress, and it will continue 24/7 for the next few months without letup.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

  15. Thanks Kathianne, Drummond thanked this post
  16. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    41,597
    Thanks (Given)
    16330
    Thanks (Received)
    12101
    Likes (Given)
    4977
    Likes (Received)
    2533
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I'll have to go look. I'm pretty sure what Trump said is that de Blasio didn't order the equipment and Coumo will save the day because he was on top of things. Again, I may have misheard what was said.



    I definitely detected panic with Coumo this morning, but if those numbers are correct, it's justified and there'd better be a lot of Cavalry headed that way right now.



    We live in interesting times and this is all new to everyone. This whole thing will be studied in depth for decades to come.

    It's not unreasonable to see people getting frustrated, especially our leaders who are supposed to have answers to every scenario that pops up - this is all being figured out on the fly and the stakes literally couldn't be higher for all of us.

    I can't imagine the stress, and it will continue 24/7 for the next few months without letup.
    I saw frustration in Trump for the past week, until yesterday. He was getting combative again, not angry. Today it was moreso. Bottom line, while being a business person has served him and the country very well, I do think in this case it's not helping. In a very real way, his personality is to take control, naysayers be damned. He's a big risk/big reward type of guy.

    He can't force the governors to rescind any of their orders, but he can start to rally his base, most of whom would likely follow what he says.

    Devel (sp) Patrick, lt. gov. of TX stated last night, he'd be willing to risk his own health/life, he's over 70, if the economy would be safe for his children/grandchildren.
    “The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.” De Tocqueville



  17. Likes Drummond liked this post
  18. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    41,597
    Thanks (Given)
    16330
    Thanks (Received)
    12101
    Likes (Given)
    4977
    Likes (Received)
    2533
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475415

    Default

    Here's part of my issue with the President's presentation yesterday. He kept repeating, 'We've learned a lot during these closures, we know how to keep our distances and not shake hands." Okay.

    Except:
    even in NYC they've had problems with the parks.
    Beaches
    Exercise in crowds
    Parties-https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-sha...ay-home-order/
    family dinners-real popular in this area, what about yours? Remember that Italian family with I don't know how many eventually died? I knew at 4, but 3 siblings were still in intensive care then.
    Now back to work in cubicles? Those folks are gonna wanna get hair done, go to the gym, and have a drink after work. It's what we do.
    “The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.” De Tocqueville



  19. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
  20. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    12,645
    Thanks (Given)
    7903
    Thanks (Received)
    13802
    Likes (Given)
    2012
    Likes (Received)
    2155
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475125

    Default

    @Kathianne

    Just watched the clip again, this time paying attention - and you're absolutely right!

    Trump did take a swipe at Coumo, not de Blasio.

    Hopefully this doesn't escalate... they're both feeling the pressure and a good round of punching each other is probably appealing today. Let's hope they both stay focused productively and cooperatively.
    Last edited by NightTrain; 03-24-2020 at 03:42 PM.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

  21. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
  22. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    41,597
    Thanks (Given)
    16330
    Thanks (Received)
    12101
    Likes (Given)
    4977
    Likes (Received)
    2533
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    @Kathianne

    Just watched the clip again, this time paying attention - and you're absolutely right!

    Trump did take a swipe at Coumo, not de Blasio.

    Hopefully this doesn't escalate... they're both feeling the pressure and a good round of punching each other is probably appealing today. Let's hope they both stay focused productively and cooperatively.
    I agree. I don't know for certain what either of these men are really like, just what is projected. I think Cuomo is in panic, as you said, for good reason. I think that Trump has made a decision, so he's back to form. He was not himself while trying to project what the medical folks and I'm sure other people he does respect were telling him he had to. The people liked it, especially those who are his core, but for good reason, feared this virus. It put their action in sync with what he was saying.

    Even those who aren't fond of him, (understatement), were glad to see that he cared about the lives, (gotta remember what he'd said about those stuck on the cruise ship on the west coast a couple weeks ago.)

    Now back to whiplash, though the numbers are not going down, but up.

    https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2...t-overreacting

    I know it's Vox, but look at the sourcing.

    Italy's population is only 60.5M. US is 300M.
    “The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.” De Tocqueville



  23. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
  24. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    60,905
    Thanks (Given)
    7069
    Thanks (Received)
    28172
    Likes (Given)
    3652
    Likes (Received)
    4317
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475609

    Default

    Cuomo and Trump have both sent some jabs to one another. But then they still hop on the phone and get shit done, and then congratulate one another. Now deBlasio, that's a different ballgame. He takes jabs at Trump, but differently, and calls for insanity and stupidity and some contrary to Cuomo and others. And of course has been declaring Trump has already killed people all along... and of course is more concerned with liberal agendas, and always has been. He's been absolutely horrible in NYC and has been since day one. Argumentative like that with many, his way or the highway and then you get condemned anyway.

    If I still worked in NYC like I did for many years, I would look for work elsewhere. And we almost moved in an apt there once and came close to purchasing a condo. Looking back, that would have been a mistake, and more than just deBlasio. I could list endless things about him that make me wanna punch him in his face, but the majority is local type issues that no one on the right would come close to agreeing with, nor would anyone even leaning right, nor would the majority of moderates! In my opinion of course.

    Cuomo isn't someone I would ever vote for and still wouldn't. Can't stand so much about the man and his policies and agendas. But he has still done a fantastic job thus far with taking the reigns over this virus. He is a hard worker like Trump, where he'll work 21 hours a day. I think he's done a stand up job in controlling things and getting things done. And I appreciate being updated with the news as often as we get it. I also subscribed to his updates and I get emails "from" Cuomo with daily updates.

    What needs to be done know is 100% concentration on this virus and all things related to this virus. I think Cuomo has done a great job of that. deBlasio, like some others out there, have unfortunately taken the path of letting their politics dictate their responses to this.
    “A person who has never owned a dog has missed a wonderful part of life.”Bob Barker
    “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”Dean Koontz
    "If I could be half the person my dog is, I'd be twice the human I am" - Charles Yu

  25. Thanks Drummond, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain, Kathianne liked this post
  26. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    60,905
    Thanks (Given)
    7069
    Thanks (Received)
    28172
    Likes (Given)
    3652
    Likes (Received)
    4317
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475609

    Default

    Other threads, but this one as good as any for today! LOL Since these are New York related...

    I honestly am a little nervous about this and growing. I'm just scared that if I get this dang thing that I'll be one that needs a ventilator - but I'll end up laying in a hallway somewhere like I see in other countries! yikeys.

    To start with tho - there are now saying it can stay on surfaces up to 17 days?????

    --

    Coronavirus Update: Cuomo Says Rate Of Virus Spread Has Increased, ‘We’re Not Slowing It’

    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the rate of increase of coronavirus cases in New York has grown, and the rate of new infections is doubling every three days.

    “That is a dramatic increase in the rate of infection,” Cuomo said. “We’re not slowing it, and it is accelerating it on its own.”

    Cuomo says new projections suggest New York will now need up to 140,000 hospital beds, and has a current capacity of roughly 53,000 beds.

    The governor spoke surrounded by supplies that are shipping out to area hospitals and in the presence of National Guard mobilized to meet the health crisis.

    There will be a need for 40,000 ICU beds with ventilators, well more than the state’s current capacity of approximately 3,000-4,000.

    The peak of the pandemic in New York is now 14-21 days away, Cuomo said.

    “One of the forecasters said to me we were looking at a freight train coming across the country. We are now looking at a bullet train,” he said.

    Rest - https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/03...fema-hospital/


    Cuomo: Coronavirus spreading like ‘bullet train’ in NY as cases top 25,000

    Gov. Andrew Cuomo issued a blistering assessment of Washington’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic Tuesday — with over 25,000 New Yorkers now ill, more than 200 dead and the sickness’ spread accelerating like a “bullet train.”

    Cuomo tore into President Trump and the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s vow to send 400 ventilators to New York — a sliver of the 30,000 it’s anticipated the state will need.

    “You want a pat on the back for sending 400 ventilators?” asked a visibly angered Cuomo in a press briefing at the Javits Center, currently being converted to a 2,000-bed hospital complex. “What are we going to do with 400 ventilators?

    “You pick the 26,000 people who are going to die,” said Cuomo — so incensed that he misstated the 29,600 New Yorkers who would actually be left without the life-saving equipment.

    Cuomo’s anger boiled over as the pandemic put New York’s back against the wall — officials faced a continuing flood of cases that now stands at 25,665 in the state and 14,904 in the city. The death toll reached 210.

    “People say, politicians say. I look at actions, not words,” fumed Cuomo. “They’re doing the supplies? Here’s my question. Where are they?

    Rest - https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/cuomo-...ses-top-25000/
    “A person who has never owned a dog has missed a wonderful part of life.”Bob Barker
    “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”Dean Koontz
    "If I could be half the person my dog is, I'd be twice the human I am" - Charles Yu

  27. Thanks Kathianne, NightTrain, Drummond thanked this post
  28. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    41,597
    Thanks (Given)
    16330
    Thanks (Received)
    12101
    Likes (Given)
    4977
    Likes (Received)
    2533
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Other threads, but this one as good as any for today! LOL Since these are New York related...

    I honestly am a little nervous about this and growing. I'm just scared that if I get this dang thing that I'll be one that needs a ventilator - but I'll end up laying in a hallway somewhere like I see in other countries! yikeys.

    To start with tho - there are now saying it can stay on surfaces up to 17 days?????

    --

    Coronavirus Update: Cuomo Says Rate Of Virus Spread Has Increased, ‘We’re Not Slowing It’

    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the rate of increase of coronavirus cases in New York has grown, and the rate of new infections is doubling every three days.

    “That is a dramatic increase in the rate of infection,” Cuomo said. “We’re not slowing it, and it is accelerating it on its own.”

    Cuomo says new projections suggest New York will now need up to 140,000 hospital beds, and has a current capacity of roughly 53,000 beds.

    The governor spoke surrounded by supplies that are shipping out to area hospitals and in the presence of National Guard mobilized to meet the health crisis.

    There will be a need for 40,000 ICU beds with ventilators, well more than the state’s current capacity of approximately 3,000-4,000.

    The peak of the pandemic in New York is now 14-21 days away, Cuomo said.

    “One of the forecasters said to me we were looking at a freight train coming across the country. We are now looking at a bullet train,” he said.

    Rest - https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/03...fema-hospital/


    Cuomo: Coronavirus spreading like ‘bullet train’ in NY as cases top 25,000

    Gov. Andrew Cuomo issued a blistering assessment of Washington’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic Tuesday — with over 25,000 New Yorkers now ill, more than 200 dead and the sickness’ spread accelerating like a “bullet train.”

    Cuomo tore into President Trump and the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s vow to send 400 ventilators to New York — a sliver of the 30,000 it’s anticipated the state will need.

    “You want a pat on the back for sending 400 ventilators?” asked a visibly angered Cuomo in a press briefing at the Javits Center, currently being converted to a 2,000-bed hospital complex. “What are we going to do with 400 ventilators?

    “You pick the 26,000 people who are going to die,” said Cuomo — so incensed that he misstated the 29,600 New Yorkers who would actually be left without the life-saving equipment.

    Cuomo’s anger boiled over as the pandemic put New York’s back against the wall — officials faced a continuing flood of cases that now stands at 25,665 in the state and 14,904 in the city. The death toll reached 210.

    “People say, politicians say. I look at actions, not words,” fumed Cuomo. “They’re doing the supplies? Here’s my question. Where are they?

    Rest - https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/cuomo-...ses-top-25000/
    I posted a link that John Hopkins data, showing that currently NYs trend is like Italy. Hoping the stay at home kicks in sooner than later.
    “The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.” De Tocqueville



  29. Thanks Drummond thanked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Debate Policy - Political Forums