Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Trump Should Thank Pelosi

She’s getting him lots of votes:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/298313/...al-rating.aspx

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

As long as he keeps focused here, November will be a walk in the park.

One bonus to this bug is that it's going to really put a damper on any efforts Biden engages in.

Did you see that rambling confused speech Biden gave this morning? It wasn't like he'd been ambushed by a hardball reporter with a gotcha question... it was recorded in his home and could have easily just done another take!

The fact that he didn't improve on it tells me he was incapable of doing better.

As one smartass remarked in the comments, he puts the dem in dementia. I don't think he's all there anymore.
    Last edited by NightTrain; 03-24-2020 at 09:57 PM.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

4. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    As long as he keeps focused here, November will be a walk in the park.

One bonus to this bug is that it's going to really put a damper on any efforts Biden engages in.

Did you see that rambling confused speech Biden gave this morning? It wasn't like he'd been ambushed by a hardball reporter with a gotcha question... it was recorded in his home and could have easily just done another take!

The fact that he didn't improve on it tells me he was incapable of doing better.

As one smartass remarked in the comments, he puts the dem in dementia. I don't think he's all there anymore.
    Did he make another, yesterday’s was just sad.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Pelosi caved on her ultra left green wish list at light speed. Why? Because the backlash from both sides was a tidal wave of negative.

I'm think it's a pretty foregone conclusion at this point that not only will democrats not win the White House, I mean Biden has NO chance against Trump, but they'll lose the house too.

All their CRAP they've been up to, the RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA, the FARCE impeachment that went NOWHERE, and top it all off with holding up aide to Americans during a WORLD CRISIS, their 24/7 unhinged trashing of a very popular president by their propaganda wing, it's is all going to come home to them in November.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-25-2020 at 07:02 AM.

7. Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Pelosi caved on her ultra left green wish list at light speed. Why? Because the backlash from both sides was a tidal wave of negative.

I'm think it's a pretty foregone conclusion at this point that not only will democrats not win the White House, I mean Biden has NO chance against Trump, but they'll lose the house too.

All their CRAP they've been up to, the RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA, the FARCE impeachment that went NOWHERE, and top it all off with holding up aide to Americans during a WORLD CRISIS, their 24/7 unhinged trashing of a very popular president by their propaganda wing, it's is all going to come home to them in November.
    Unless he does something very wrong.

If he goes with the experiment of lifting the stay at home by urging people to go and it causes or for whatever reasons the trajectory stays on track to mimic Italy's. If that happens, after both the struggles economically, coupled with health problems on families, all bets off.

Hopefully the right choices will be made.

9. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

He's getting an awful lot of approval points all on his own, but Nancy just loves to give him that much more. They have stepped on their own feet since day one of his presidency.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

11. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Imagine the numbers if the media and Hollywood didn’t attack him daily?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Imagine the numbers if the media and Hollywood didn’t attack him daily?
    Now that could go either way.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Unless he does something very wrong.

If he goes with the experiment of lifting the stay at home by urging people to go and it causes or for whatever reasons the trajectory stays on track to mimic Italy's. If that happens, after both the struggles economically, coupled with health problems on families, all bets off.

Hopefully the right choices will be made.
    I think by Easter, Trump isn't going to be the only person "hoping" we can "attempt" to get parts of the country back to normal, and that is what he's said, despite the wild exaggerations by the democrat propaganda wing. He listens very close to his advisers, and they've all said as much, so I highly doubt the president, alone, is going to go out on some wild limb and proclaim everyone return to normal, that just ain't gonna happen. The only way Trump would ever suggest even part of the country begin to loosen up is if his advisers told him it was safe to do so, guaranteed.

The economical consequences aren't his fault, at all. He didn't cause any, the virus did, and he didn't cause the virus either. In fact, what he has done has been incredibly good for our economy. His supporters know that. People know we can't keep the nation on lockdown indefinitely either. We might as well kiss what country we have left goodbye if we do. It will take 50 years to dig back out.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-25-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I think by Easter, Trump isn't going to be the only person "hoping" we can "attempt" to get parts of the country back to normal, and that is what he's said, despite the wild exaggerations by the democrat propaganda wing. He listens very close to his advisers, and they've all said as much, so I highly doubt the president, alone, is going to go out on wild limb and proclaim everyone return to normal, that just ain't gonna happen. The only way Trump would ever suggest even part of the country begin to loosen up is if his advisers told him it was safe to do so, guaranteed.

The economical consequences aren't his fault, at all. He didn't cause any, the virus did, and he didn't cause the virus either. His supporters know that.
    No joke it isn't his fault. Then again, he is the only one who gets to use the bully pulpit to get his people on board, one way or the other. Like himself, many were skeptical of the problem being more than flu or skateboarding or car accidents. Then boing, stay home and social distance. Serious stuff. Now if not done by Easter? Boingggg.

One way or the other, things are going to go. He has no more control over that damn virus than you or me. He only has the pulpit and will be judged by what is said and what the virus does. Then the economy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Now that could go either way.
    Some ‘splainin’ please.

All I can think is you mean the attacks are so obnoxious some people are actually supporting him for spite, or out of sympathy?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Some ‘splainin’ please.

All I can think is you mean the attacks are so obnoxious some people are actually supporting him for spite, or out of sympathy?
    I'm saying if the attacks weren't so vicious; if the hearings so without merit to bring, much less hold; if the Democrats were even pretending to respect the office, there may be far fewer people so favorable prior to the virus.

I think his handling of the virus, between the times of his being focused on the economic aspect like a laser, also was a time of comfort. I think many appreciated his seriousness and his expressions of concern.

Now if he goes forward on pushing early and it's a success? He wins. If not, well then we're at Biden and Trump or someone else over Biden? Maybe?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

No joke it isn't his fault. Then again, he is the only one who gets to use the bully pulpit to get his people on board, one way or the other. Like himself, many were skeptical of the problem being more than flu or skateboarding or car accidents. Then boing, stay home and social distance. Serious stuff. Now if not done by Easter? Boingggg.

One way or the other, things are going to go. He has no more control over that damn virus than you or me. He only has the pulpit and will be judged by what is said and what the virus does. Then the economy.
    Biden ain't gonna win. I don't think there's much that could happen giving an appearance Trump made some bad call, which the democrat media has tried to do already, and continues to try to do, I don't think that's having any effect on people at all, other than more and more people seeing the left as just a bunch of angry, hateful liars. Trump's approval for handling the virus situation is at 60% overall, 94% among republicans, and it would take some catastrophic mistake on his part to change that, but that's not how Trump operates. The man ain't stupid. He calculates everything he does. It's as though he was born to be a politician, because he sure picked up how to play the game real fast.
    I don't think anyone but the hardened, unhinged, brain dead leftists would vote for Biden over Trump, and there just isn't enough of them to get the job done. I don't see all the young dems getting excited over geriatric Joe either. They were the ones proclaiming that the republican party was the party of OLD WHITE MEN, now look what they're being expected to vote for. I think democrats are going to stay home in droves come November. After 6 months of listening to dementia Joe, you'd have to be as out to lunch as he is to vote for him.

That's just the way I see it... my two cents.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-25-2020 at 10:31 AM.

19. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

If it appears that his actions cause a horrendous situation to get worse, it won't take the media to make folks scared and angry. If he backs off, if that is what the data shows, he'll retain the rising approval he has gained. If he doesn't and it works, he'll do very well. If he does it, see first sentence.

It may or many not be Biden, that remains to be seen. The whole way the Dems do the primaries and the convention is not an exercise in democracy. Bernie won't win, obviously. So if not Joe, who?

His statement about people will die anyways, maybe more with suicides than the virus, isn't playing well. There is a bit of truth that the destruction of wealth is beyond stressful, I doubt anyone could argue with that. However, there are many more people that value the choice of suicide over some virus that could have been avoided, especially if it's them or a loved one.

He comes off callus, just like the ship that had sick people on it. 'I'd rather leave them on the ship, it hurts the numbers. Mike and others here have convinced me though that we have to let them off, so we will.' That didn't play well either. It was the next week he changed his demeanor and attitude, since then his approval and his dealing with the crisis have soared.

Just thinking.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Here's the thing I'm seeing, which I doubt will be missed by many.

The virus has already wrecked havoc on the markets, nearly daily for more than 3 weeks I've posted something about them.

The numbers continue to rise, but the stay at home has only been implemented a very short time, not long enough to see if it's been effective. It's unknown if it was implemented too late for one variable, at least in the most heavily affected now.

To back off of this plan is not going to put everything back to where it was; though so far it looks like the markets just may string two green days together.

What happens if we return to 'wash hands and keep distance?' People still aren't following the rules as simple as they are. Just look at these numbers:

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpun...-save-country/

Total confirmed U.S. coronavirus cases at end of each Tuesday:
    • Jan. 14 — 0
    • Jan. 21 — 1
    • Jan. 28 — 5
    • Feb. 4 — 11
    • Feb. 11 — 14
    • Feb. 18 — 25
    • Feb. 25 — 59
    • Mar. 3 — 125
    • Mar. 10 — 1,004
    • Mar. 17 — 5,902
    • Mar. 24 — 53,478https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html …

Last edited by Kathianne; 03-25-2020 at 10:46 AM.