Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Thinking about no resuscitate laws

This will be the result of a lack of ventilators.

Someone I thought posted, or I read somewhere, about a guy who made a device turning just one ventilator into 8 working devices for 8 beds. Perhaps someone can mass produce them as well?

--

US Hospitals Consider Do-Not-Resuscitate Laws for All COVID-19 Patients

US hospitals are considering “do-not-resuscitate” laws for all COVID-19 patients.

The hospital officials are citing that their staff is at high risk of getting exposed to the deadly virus as there is low supply of protective equipment.

Amid the coronavirus outbreak, hospitals in the United States are considering do-not-resuscitate orders for all the patients infected with COVID-19. The hospitals are citing that their staff is at high risk of getting exposed to the deadly virus as there is a low supply of protective equipment like masks and gloves.

The policy refers to doctors telling health care providers to not perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to restore the work of the heart and lungs when the patient stops breathing.

One such hospital is Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago. The hospital is considering the policy for patients.

“It’s a major concern for everyone. This is something about which we have had lots of communication with families, and I think they are very aware of the grave circumstances,” Richard Wunderink, one of Northwestern’s intensive-care medical directors, told the Washington Post, adding that the hospital administrators will speak to Illinois Governor. J.B. Pritzker and ask him to clarify if state law would allow the changes in policy.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-all-patients/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

IDK... CPR might not even save someone's life if they stop breathing. They might just stop breathing again in another 30 seconds. So I can see where it might be a good idea to just let them pass when it might mean the death of the care giver for trying to resuscitate them. Care givers lives are rather important right now. We don't have enough of them as is, so, hate to assign importance of one life over another, sounds bad, but, these aren't normal times we're going through right now.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-26-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

If there is a shortage of protective equipment, how is resuscitating someone any more dangerous than treating them in the first place? Maybe these hospital workers should just leave everyone at the curb.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

4. Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    If there is a shortage of protective equipment, how is resuscitating someone any more dangerous than treating them in the first place? Maybe these hospital workers should just leave everyone at the curb.
    That's pretty much what the lt. gov. of TX and Glen Beck are saying, 'for the good of the children.'

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    That's pretty much what the lt. gov. of TX and Glen Beck are saying, 'for the good of the children.'
    Oh, so now the Corona Virus is the equivalent of the Black Death?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    Oh, so now the Corona Virus is the equivalent of the Black Death?
    Ask them, maybe.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Ask them, maybe.
    I don't follow the logic.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    I don't follow the logic.
    Well it's complicated. It wasn't I saying it, but the genius Beck and the lt. gov. of TX.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

That’s an admission that it’s not about fear of health workers getting the virus because of a shortage of protective gear. I knew it sounded like bs.
    Death panels are here.

-Abbey

12. Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

That’s an admission that it’s not about fear of health workers getting the virus because of a shortage of protective gear. I knew it sounded like bs.
    Death panels are here.
    If they're to be referred to as that, but were they forced on the system, as in there's no good other choice, or is it taken up as an elective as though there's other options?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Death panels are here.
    I think some of it are folks trying to understand what the President wants. Add that with a real shortage of materials needed and lack of solution to the economy short of ignoring the virus?

That Liberty preacher/University owner called all his students back, 'We got to keep learning, the students want to be here...'

Then the Lt. Gov of TX on Hannity explaining the economy is really the US, he was willing to put his life on the line, so his children and grandchildren would have a better economy.

Beck basically says that if older people don't survive, that's OK, so the children will.

These folks aren't on the left, right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Death panels are here.
    Technically the Death Panels have existed since the passage of Obamacare, they just haven't been put to widespread use.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Here's the way I see it, simply from a truly pragmatic view point... a person dying, is a person dying, and if they've succumbed, many people have DNR orders when they're knocking on death's door, my father was one of them. Then add into the equation that they're highly infectious and that touching them without the proper protection will infect you as well, in this case a care giver, nurse, doctor, whoever. The dying person can't save anyone, not even them self, but the caregiver/nurse/doctor can, so long as they don't become infected and die themselves.

I don't hold any caregiver at fault in this situation. It's not their fault they don't have masks, gloves, or even respirators, it's the systems, and I don't blame them for not doing CPR if it meant a possible death sentence for them as well. If I catch this crap, and I'm on my last breath, if someone has to risk being infected because of no proper protection to attempt CPR, no, just let me die, that's my fate. Don't kill yourself to save me if you living means you can help other people.

That's about the way I see it, and it's just my opinion. Apparently this is a touchy subject and there's differing opinions. I'm just stating mine and not trying to make anyone mad. You're as free to your opinion as I am to mine.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-26-2020 at 12:01 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I think some of it are folks trying to understand what the President wants. Add that with a real shortage of materials needed and lack of solution to the economy short of ignoring the virus?

That Liberty preacher/University owner called all his students back, 'We got to keep learning, the students want to be here...'

Then the Lt. Gov of TX on Hannity explaining the economy is really the US, he was willing to put his life on the line, so his children and grandchildren would have a better economy.

Beck basically says that if older people don't survive, that's OK, so the children will.

These folks aren't on the left, right?
    Nope they are not.

Despite what some may think, I don’t follow the Republican party blindly, or agree with everything I hear on Fox, etc.

Put simply, the economy doesn’t matter to a corpse. Let’s get past the peak of this and then consider foregoing social distancing. Falwell is being ridiculous.

-Abbey

18. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Here's the way I see it, simply from a truly pragmatic view point... a person dying, is a person dying, and if they've succumbed, many people have DNR orders when they're knocking on death's door, my father was one of them. Then add into the equation that they're highly infectious and that touching them without the proper protection will infect you as well, in this case a care giver, nurse, doctor, whoever. The dying person can't save anyone, not even them self, but the caregiver/nurse/doctor can, so long as they don't become infected and die themselves.

I don't hold any caregiver at fault in this situation. It's not their fault they don't have masks, gloves, or even respirators, it's the systems, and I don't blame them for not doing CPR if it meant a possible death sentence for them as well. If I catch this crap, and I'm on my last breath, if someone has to risk being infected because of no proper protection to attempt CPR, no, just let me die, that's my fate. Don't kill yourself to save me if you living means you can help other people.

That's about the way I see it, and it's just my opinion. Apparently this is a touchy subject and there's differing opinions. I'm just stating mine and not trying to make anyone mad. You're as free to your opinion as I am to mine.
    I certainly would have a DNR, by choice. That isn't what the concern is about, it's lack of choice, of both patient and their family.

20. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post