Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Obama Tells Americans to Stay Home For the Foreseeable Future

I would say the same about any republican president and the same when Trump is out of office.

A president in our country gets 2 terms. Most presidents tend to keep to themselves once out of office. But this is far from that, not only not keeping to himself - but speaking to the nation and going against the WH. To me, that's almost like using his presidential powers. Now I know he has little authority, but as former president, he DOES have the authority of speaking to those mainly on the left, of who will listen to him before the WH. Ok, whatever. But where does he get off doing this? His terms are over, go away now. He shouldn't be able to address in any way the masses and tell them what to do, advise them or give them such an opinion that sounds like an order of sorts.

--

Obama Tells Americans to Stay Home For the Foreseeable Future After President Trump Says He Wants to Reopen the Country by Easter

Remember those daily press briefings Barack Obama gave in 2009 warning Americans to stay home during the swine flu pandemic?

Neither do we.

Over 60 million Americans got swine flu (h1n1) and over 12,000 Americans died yet there was no media hysteria.

Barack Obama popped off again on Wednesday and called on Americans to stay home for the foreseeable future and maintain social distancing.

Obama once again injected himself into the national conversation in what appears to be a rebuke to President Trump’s remarks during a Fox News town hall.

“I would love to have [the country] open by Easter,” Trump said on Tuesday. “It’s such an important day for other reasons.”

President Trump has also tweeted that the cure cannot be worse that the problem, suggesting he is gearing up to put Americans back to work soon.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...try-by-easter/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Pres. Trump needs to tweet out, "Nice to see Pres. Obama continuing to lead from behind. We've been dealing with this pandemic on a daily basis for the last two and a half months. He waited until three times as many Americans died before he even declared a national emergency. Thanks for the advice Mr. President but we prefer a strong, vibrant country over a weak and vulnerable one."
    Last edited by FakeNewsSux; 03-26-2020 at 03:06 PM.

4. Thanks Gunny, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I would say the same about any republican president and the same when Trump is out of office.

A president in our country gets 2 terms. Most presidents tend to keep to themselves once out of office. But this is far from that, not only not keeping to himself - but speaking to the nation and going against the WH. To me, that's almost like using his presidential powers. Now I know he has little authority, but as former president, he DOES have the authority of speaking to those mainly on the left, of who will listen to him before the WH. Ok, whatever. But where does he get off doing this? His terms are over, go away now. He shouldn't be able to address in any way the masses and tell them what to do, advise them or give them such an opinion that sounds like an order of sorts.

--

Obama Tells Americans to Stay Home For the Foreseeable Future After President Trump Says He Wants to Reopen the Country by Easter

Remember those daily press briefings Barack Obama gave in 2009 warning Americans to stay home during the swine flu pandemic?

Neither do we.

Over 60 million Americans got swine flu (h1n1) and over 12,000 Americans died yet there was no media hysteria.

Barack Obama popped off again on Wednesday and called on Americans to stay home for the foreseeable future and maintain social distancing.

Obama once again injected himself into the national conversation in what appears to be a rebuke to President Trump’s remarks during a Fox News town hall.

“I would love to have [the country] open by Easter,” Trump said on Tuesday. “It’s such an important day for other reasons.”

President Trump has also tweeted that the cure cannot be worse that the problem, suggesting he is gearing up to put Americans back to work soon.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...try-by-easter/
    I say the same about the Hollyweirdos, sports celebrities or anyone else that access to the MSM's ear. Who the f- are they? Obama very much has his "congregation of lefttards" that will do anything he says and he could just add more to the already miserable pile of leftist obstruction in the wake of his Presidency.
    Last edited by Gunny; 03-26-2020 at 06:24 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Likes FakeNewsSux, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Hah !!!

Who, here, believes that Obama would be saying any such thing as this, if you were within days of your Presidential election ??

There is NO chance that he'd be trying to stop people from going out and voting, not even if dense crowds formed, waiting to vote ....

... and, if he DID, his pernicious fellow Dems would never, EVER, forgive him for it.

From what I've seen, the Dems would stoop to absolutely ANYTHING to depose Trump. Nothing, no depths, would be too low in arranging that outcome.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Hah !!!

Who, here, believes that Obama would be saying any such thing as this, if you were within days of your Presidential election ??

There is NO chance that he'd be trying to stop people from going out and voting, not even if dense crowds formed, waiting to vote ....

... and, if he DID, his pernicious fellow Dems would never, EVER, forgive him for it.

From what I've seen, the Dems would stoop to absolutely ANYTHING to depose Trump. Nothing, no depths, would be too low in arranging that outcome.
    I was kind of thinking the same. Like overplaying a virus to keep voter turnout down. You never know with this lot.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I was kind of thinking the same. Like overplaying a virus to keep voter turnout down. You never know with this lot.
    They're doing a dry run on voter suppression in Wisconsin's special election for the State Supreme Court right now:

https://newstalk1130.iheart.com/feat...-7th-election/

11. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    They're doing a dry run on voter suppression in Wisconsin's special election for the State Supreme Court right now:

https://newstalk1130.iheart.com/feat...-7th-election/
    Been hearing about this all week here on the local news. It's the Green Bay chapter of leftists trying to halt the election. They're afraid to have conservative judge Kelly elected to our S.C.

I have a good, old friend here on the town board. I called him yesterday and asked if we'd be voting on 4/7 at the Town Hall and he said YES, and they'll only be allowing one at a time in the building, and disinfecting the ONE voting machine after each person votes.

With only ONE reported case of the virus in Grant Co, I'm not worried about coming in contact with it anyway. I'd go vote even if there was many reported cases. Only a hundred people or so vote in the township anyway.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-27-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Been hearing about this all week here on the local news. It's the Green Bay chapter of leftists trying to halt the election. They're afraid to have conservative judge Kelly elected to our S.C.

I have a good, old friend here on the town board. I called him yesterday and asked if we'd be voting on 4/7 at the Town Hall and he said YES, and they'll only be allowing one at a time in the building, and disinfecting the ONE voting machine after each person votes.

With only ONE reported case of the virus in Grant Co, I'm not worried about coming in contact with it anyway. I'd go vote even if there was many reported cases. Only a hundred people or so vote in the township anyway.
    That's until Gov. Evers shuts it down. There's a reason he didn't list polling places as an essential business or service in his shelter in place order. Just imagine all the polling places statewide shut down on 4/7 and the only votes to be counted are all those early votes from the cities of Madison and Milwaukee. Guess who's on the Supreme Court in that scenario?