Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Default New Logos

New logos encouraging distancing.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/26/b...rus/index.html
    McDonald's and other brands are making 'social distancing' logos

By Jordan Valinsky, CNN Business

Updated 3:28 PM EDT, Thu March 26, 2020

New York(CNN Business)It's not just people that are social distancing. Brands are doing it too.
    McDonald's, Coca-Cola, Audi and Volkswagen are just a few of the corporate conglomerates that are interpreting "social distancing" with logo redesigns.
    The term has become popular recently because of the spread of the novel coronavirus. Social distancing means standing 6 feet apart from others in an effort to lower the risk of contracting the illness.

If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Walmart is too. Better yet, they are adding plexiglas to register areas. Also, advocating for masks for employees once healthcare workers are covered.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Likes SassyLady, Abbey Marie, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Walmart is too. Better yet, they are adding plexiglas to register areas. Also, advocating for masks for employees once healthcare workers are covered.
    I'm definitely cool with that.

6. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

But think about the plexiglass at the registers deal for a minute... sure a person can't cough or sneeze on an employee then, and that may be the intent behind it, but if a customer is infected, coughs or sneezes on the items they're purchasing, the plexiglass isn't going to stop the checker from being infected unless they're also wearing gloves. But then here comes the person in line behind the infected person, sends their items through to the checker that just touched every item the infected person coughed/sneezed on/touched, and they then spread the virus onto the items of that next person, and then they touch it, wha-la, now they have the virus on them.

There is just a MILLION different ways you can come in contact with this virus, it's endless. That's obviously how it's spread faster than a wildfire.

But again, I'm up for any protections that are put in place. Because it's not just COVID-19 protections can help prevent, but ANY sort of virus or bacteria, the Flu, the common Cold, all of it. I say go for it, put up the shields, wear the masks, the gloves, whatever... I don't want the shit any more than Abbey does...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-26-2020 at 03:37 PM.

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    But think about the plexiglass at the registers deal for a minute... sure a person can't cough or sneeze on an employee then, and that may be the intent behind it, but if a customer is infected, coughs or sneezes and then handles the items they're purchasing, the plexiglass isn't going to stop the checker from being infected unless they're also wearing gloves. But then here comes the person behind the infected person, send their items through to the checker that just touched every item the infected person touched, and they then spread the virus onto the items of that next person.

There is just a MILLION different ways you can come in contact with this virus, it's endless.

But again, I'm up for any protections that are put in place. Because it's not just COVID-19 protections can help prevent, but ANY sort of virus or bacteria, the Flu, the common Cold, all of it. I say go for it, put up the shields, wear the masks, the gloves, whatever.
    Gloves have been provided for more than 3 weeks.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

10. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

McDonalds is apologizing for logo change. Unbelievable. Why are people so freaking easily offended. Need to get over themselves!

Brands are continuing to respond to the spread of coronavirus, with many using their platform to highlight the importance of social distancing. Last week, McDonald's shared a minimalist ad in which its two famous golden arches became separated – and the internet was not impressed.
    The ad, created by agency DPZ&T, appeared across all of McDonald's Brazil's social media accounts to convey the idea that we are "separated for a moment so that we can always be together". However, after a fierce backlash, the altered logo and accompanying social media posts have already been deleted.
    https://www.creativebloq.com/amp/new...-logo-backlash
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

12. Likes Kathianne, LongTermGuy, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I have no social distance, it's always been stay away and steer clear. I like this Corona Virus thing because people are finally starting to behave politely. If it takes a viral outbreak to get people to behave, so be it.

14. Thanks LongTermGuy, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Dogger View Post
    I have no social distance, it's always been stay away and steer clear. I like this Corona Virus thing because people are finally starting to behave politely. If it takes a viral outbreak to get people to behave, so be it.
    I'm inclined to think that there must've been a better way of achieving that result than to have it brought about by a killer virus (... call me old fashioned !!) ...

But I get what you're saying !
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

16. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post