Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
The BBC is certainly factual when it can be, yes. But it does manipulate, too. It'll attribute great weight to one side of a story, and very little to any aspect not in line with what it wants people to consider.

The BBC did not menton one word of WMD's (degraded ones) being found by 2006. It said nothing about Santorum's press conference on the subject.

A couple of years ago, Hamas launched rockets into Israel, precipitating Israel's inevitably strong response. All the BBC could do was concentrate on the 'immense suffering' the Gazan people were suffering from it. Virtually nothing was said of how Israel suffers from Hamas terrorism.

Consider how terrorism reports are handled, and the ban on calling a terrorist, A TERRORIST, unless someone else already has. What else is that, but attitude-management ?

As for Brexit (!!) ... the BBC fed us an unrelenting diet of scare stories about Brexit, prompting the Sun newspaper to publish THIS:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/105752...s-licence-fee/

The BBC is manipulative. It skews stories as it sees fit. That's just a fact, Kathianne.

Time will tell to see what balance Trump strikes. I'll be very surprised, though, if the BBC doesn't spin it in some fashion.

For example, they were one news outlet insisting that Trump HAD called Covid-19 'a hoax'.
I'm not defending the BBC, I don't watch it. I was responding to what YOU wrote of their reporting on Trump and his US reaction to the virus. Nothing more.