Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Tiger King - Joe Exotic

So who has watched it yet, or any of it? It's one season, 7 episodes long, of which I binge watched last night!

Joe owns a zoo and a shitload of exotic tigers and leopards and other cool animals. Excellent footage if you love the big cats!! But it's all about him, the way he does business, activists against it, a famous woman that he was obsessed with owns "Big Cat Sanctuary". She doesn't like Joe and would love nothing more than to shut him down. Joe would like to see her shut up, because she IS a hypocrite, but he would like her dead too apparently!

Then you meet all of his friends and other characters that own zoos and the big cats. A ton was filmed before many events as a part of Joe's little world, and he videotaped much for his little online show. ANd then tons of current footage built in. A documentary of this Joe Exotic, and I got hooked early and just kept watching on Netflix!

Here's IMDB's write up so it makes more sense, I think:

Among the eccentrics and cult personalities in the stranger-than-fiction world of big cat owners, few stand out more than Joe Exotic, a mulleted, gun-toting polygamist and country western singer who presides over an Oklahoma roadside zoo. Charismatic but misguided, Joe and an unbelievable cast of characters including drug kingpins, conmen, and cult leaders all share a passion for big cats and the status and attention their dangerous menageries garner. But things take a dark turn when Carole Baskin, an animal activist and owner of a big cat sanctuary, threatens to put them out of business, stoking a rivalry that eventually leads to Joe's arrest for a murder-for-hire plot, and reveals a twisted tale where the only thing more dangerous than a big cat is its owner.
    Gets thumbs up from me!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Is this the dipshit who uses the big cats when they're cubs as basically a petting zoo, then he's stuck with them when they're grown?
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Is this the dipshit who uses the big cats when they're cubs as basically a petting zoo, then he's stuck with them when they're grown?
    Yes sir!

But then turns out they all do it. The sanctuary owner wants them all shut down - but then she opens the sanctuary to folks for charge, and charges them to get pictures with the little ones. Aka hypocrite.

But yes, seems like they get about 6 months of great use out of them with pictures and stuff, and then they are just too big already. Hell, just one of those things must eat a couple hundred pounds of food a week! I heard one of them say he pays 3/4 of a million per year to feed all his animals!

Then they point out at the end how endangered they are and how many left - and there are MORE in captivity in the USA. And they keep producing lots and lots of babies. Hell, they can repopulate the wild if they wanted, but instead they all profit and use them to get famous and what not.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

I watched the show. Abuse aside, it's a highly entertaining show. I just wish all those owner fuckers got prison time too. The character I ended up liking the most was the dude without legs. He seemed the most sane.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    I watched the show. Abuse aside, it's a highly entertaining show. I just wish all those owner fuckers got prison time too. The character I ended up liking the most was the dude without legs. He seemed the most sane.
    Dude, can't poke people in the face and then act normal, or reverse. Love to chat with you, but busy calling the government to tell them to hurry up and forget me!!