Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Be careful with your incoming mail/packages folks

More than likely ok, but couldn't hurt to be cautious during this time. Amazon has reports coming out of the virus and bad conditions at work. PO is overworked and in debt. And HOW MANY videos and stories have we seen of exactly this, people spitting on elevator buttons, each other, inside grocery stores and on items - and many cases of this, people messing with the packages coming from Amazon. Don't know what the agenda of this guy is, but he is clearly busted on video spitting on and them smearing it on this customers package! And WTF do they mean that he may be back the next day? By the next day he should be in prison!! What a scumbag.

Anyway, my wife has been having me open everything on the back porch and get rid of the boxes. I've also been wearing gloves and washing immediately after no matter what.

--

AMAZON DELIVERY GUY DELIBERATELY SPITS ON PACKAGE ...

Caught On Ring Cam

This is disgusting, horrifying and possibly criminal during the coronavirus pandemic -- an Amazon delivery guy was caught spitting on a package and appearing to use his hand to smear it, as well.

TMZ's obtained video of the vile incident, which we're told occurred Thursday evening at a duplex residence in L.A.'s Hancock Park neighborhood.

Take a look ... the delivery guy sets the package down on the porch, leans over and spits ... then catches some of the spit and appears to wipe it on the package as more saliva falls out of his mouth. He then stands up as if nothing gross just happened, and takes a photo to verify the delivery.

Our sources say Amazon was contacted by a neighbor and a friend of the person whose package was spit on, and a customer service rep watched the footage with them.

We're told the rep gasped in horror and expressed shock that it was an older man, and not a young delivery worker. The rep confirmed the delivery guy was from a third party service and he was reported -- but said it's possible he might be back on the job today, anyway.

A neighbor posted the delivery confirmation photo -- with a strong note to Amazon -- and the image clearly shows liquid smeared on top of the box. Amazon is supposed to get back to the aggrieved party by Monday.

When we reached out about the video an Amazon spokesperson said, “This is clearly not representative of drivers who deliver for Amazon and the care they take for customers around the world every day. We are aggressively investigating to understand what may have occurred in this situation. If it truly was a malicious act by the driver, we will be sure he is held accountable, up through and including law enforcement action.”

https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/27/amazo...o-coronavirus/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    More than likely ok, but couldn't hurt to be cautious during this time. Amazon has reports coming out of the virus and bad conditions at work. PO is overworked and in debt. And HOW MANY videos and stories have we seen of exactly this, people spitting on elevator buttons, each other, inside grocery stores and on items - and many cases of this, people messing with the packages coming from Amazon. Don't know what the agenda of this guy is, but he is clearly busted on video spitting on and them smearing it on this customers package! And WTF do they mean that he may be back the next day? By the next day he should be in prison!! What a scumbag.

Anyway, my wife has been having me open everything on the back porch and get rid of the boxes. I've also been wearing gloves and washing immediately after no matter what.

--

AMAZON DELIVERY GUY DELIBERATELY SPITS ON PACKAGE ...

Caught On Ring Cam

This is disgusting, horrifying and possibly criminal during the coronavirus pandemic -- an Amazon delivery guy was caught spitting on a package and appearing to use his hand to smear it, as well.

TMZ's obtained video of the vile incident, which we're told occurred Thursday evening at a duplex residence in L.A.'s Hancock Park neighborhood.

Take a look ... the delivery guy sets the package down on the porch, leans over and spits ... then catches some of the spit and appears to wipe it on the package as more saliva falls out of his mouth. He then stands up as if nothing gross just happened, and takes a photo to verify the delivery.

Our sources say Amazon was contacted by a neighbor and a friend of the person whose package was spit on, and a customer service rep watched the footage with them.

We're told the rep gasped in horror and expressed shock that it was an older man, and not a young delivery worker. The rep confirmed the delivery guy was from a third party service and he was reported -- but said it's possible he might be back on the job today, anyway.

A neighbor posted the delivery confirmation photo -- with a strong note to Amazon -- and the image clearly shows liquid smeared on top of the box. Amazon is supposed to get back to the aggrieved party by Monday.

When we reached out about the video an Amazon spokesperson said, “This is clearly not representative of drivers who deliver for Amazon and the care they take for customers around the world every day. We are aggressively investigating to understand what may have occurred in this situation. If it truly was a malicious act by the driver, we will be sure he is held accountable, up through and including law enforcement action.”

https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/27/amazo...o-coronavirus/
    Unreal.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Unreal.
    I have the ring doorbell. One would need to live literally on Mars or be outright blind to not see it and not be aware it's a video bell. And it's a major delivery service no less, so obviously hitting tons of places. You would think they know about the cameras. I guess they see no one home and then make their decision. Same as the elevator scumbags. They look around to make sure the coast is clear. One would need to be pretty naive to not realize cameras are in an elevator. First most do today, and secondly, it's not like they're hidden cameras, they're usually obvious.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Default P

We are spraying packages with Lysol, and opening them and washing hands right away. But we get a ton of deliveries now, and I’m not sure we are doing enough. WTH is the answer? Is it safer to shop? Even if we do, the stores don’t have what we want now.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

7. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

OH I'M TELLIN' YA... I ALREADY had this program figured out... I take TWO disinfectant wipes out with me to the mailbox. I use one in one hand to open the mailbox and the other to grab the mail. It all gets wiped down and what is junk mail goes straight into the trash can. The other stuff gets fully wiped down no matter what it is, letters, whatever, even the contents inside the envelope, and then I wash my hands good.

Far as I'm concerned, that is the ONLY way I'll catch the crap is something put in my mailbox, so I take EXTRA care NOT to get infected by it.

I get a couple little weekly newspapers too, one that the lazy woman delivering it just chucks out her car window at the house and where ever it lands is where I have to fetch it. This time I let it sit outside until the amount of time was up for what they say the virus can live on it, and THEN I went out and picked it up.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-27-2020 at 05:32 PM.

9. Thanks Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Abbey Marie thanked this post