Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default A little reminiscing again

Some probably posted before. My fried brain can't remember for sure. So you get some repeats. Tough! Some of my favorite pics, and I have a shitload!

Maybe like 18 years ago or so? Me and my niece Jaelynn. She wasn't fond of her Uncle, wasn't fond of really anyone outside mommy and daddy. So if you look close you will see the $5 bill that I bribed her with to be my friend and take a picture. Truth!

Mom and I. The first one is of her and I in front of one of the places we lived at. My brother was getting married and we were getting ready to go. Still only weighed like 135-140 back then. But hell, just shy of 5'9, so.

I know I posted this but I love posting it again anyway. A few pics of my Mom when she was younger. No idea much of where any of them were all from. Looks like fishing in the first. I recall my Dad owning a boat until he got into camping when I was like 8 or so, so probably his old boat. Second I do know was in Florida and that's Jeff with her! And if he is still that small, I wasn't born yet. No idea about the last one either. I know she loved cats!

One of the most recent favorites of mine. My first ever catch in Alaska, first ever King Salmon and some great fun and stories about it! But I think Rick started with telling me it was like 30lbs, then maybe 20-25, and the more I look at it the more I'm thinking it was like 10-12lbs and Rick was helping my big ego along. Hell, even if 10lbs, still easily my biggest catch ever. Do wish I weighed it though.

This I think was posted too. This was when I was in Charleston SC and even met @hjmick while we were there, and enjoyed a beer or 2 with him and it was a pleasure to meet him. No idea why we didn't get any pics together. Well, look at these 4 ugly bastards and that may explain why!! This is Jeff, Me, John and then Dan.

Cruising Dad's boat out of Charlotte Florida, and my Step Mom Laurie in the background. So I got snagged on something fishing in about 30' of water, and Dad took the pole from me to try and get it fixed, and his pole broke in the middle! I leaned all the way over to get it before it sank, and my $300 Vuarnet sunglasses went "bloop" and I watched them for about a 1/2 a second before they disappeared. Hence Jim squinting in the picture.

I jumped in and got them back!! Ok, no I didn't. This is about 19 years later in Alaska, with Rick cruising up the Talkeetna River, and me stealing his sunglasses out of the glove box in his boat!

One of my favorite pictures of the wife and I together.

This is and older but funny one. That's Jaelynn again, then Jared, my sisters eldest son and then my other niece Sara sitting with me. On the little kiddie train. Nope, not feeling humiliated at all.

wd

Oh boy, talk about an oldie! Hell, this is where I grew up in Colonia NJ! In my childhood backyard. That's my sister Janeen & then me! My younger brother Dan in front of me, and then John and then Jeff! Proof that I've always been a Penn State fan and wanted to go to school there so so badly!

Senior prom, me and then Sharon who went with me, then Maria and Danny. Liked both girls at different times...

I think Jordan was like a year old here, and we were visiting Dad who lived in South Carolina at the time. I had been there in the summer before and knew how hot it would be and they had no damn wind there. Shave my head before I went!!

My best friend ever, too lazy and old to come all the way out with us.

You can see when it was. This was my best friend Jerome, and a new kitten I got named Mischa. Odd little relationship they had!

Last but not least, another most recent favorite. The official "L5" designation, all whom stay there sign. If you look to the right of the L5, at the top where the lighter strip meets the darker area, I had to be unique and show everyone that some dumb New Yorker lasted there!! I also signed last, but had to be a jerk and be different.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

"I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

3. Likes Drummond, LongTermGuy, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Our farm house in Cottage Grove, WI... my favorite place I ever lived as a kid...

Ma and Dad's place near Blue River, WI, 1988, 16.7 acres of what used to be 256 owned by my grandpa... land went all the back to the Wisconsin River... I helped build that house and garage... you can just see my old 1965, robin egg blue, 3/4 ton Dodge pickup sitting under the tree...

Me, doing what I've always loved to do... WRENCH... my Dad drug that old lawn mower home for me to tear apart so I wouldn't disassemble something else... ... sometime around 1968-69...

My Dad giving my brother's son a canoe ride... ... 1989... yeah that's me to the right, eating... something... I was probably 36, maybe 37 y.o. there...

My ex brother in law and his girlfriend and I, Air Force days, Tampa, FL... 1985...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-29-2020 at 10:58 AM.

5. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

My Paw, God rest his soul, few years before he passed away, sitting on the wall behind my shop checking my place out...

Me on my 1969 SkiDo Nordic snowmobile... 1971-72...

My ex wife and I, Tampa, AF days... 1986...

My roommate Tim Lidstrand, God rest his soul, he took his own life, my little sister, me on the left and Ma to the right, in front Tim and I's apartment in Las Vegas, NV, stationed at Nellis AFB, circa 1982...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-29-2020 at 11:15 AM.

7. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Your ex-wife was a cutie

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

9. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Your ex-wife was a cutie

Thank you, yes, she was. I have a thing for red heads now...

We still keep in touch.

11. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Thank you, yes, she was. I have a thing for red heads now...

We still keep in touch.
    I’m also a redhead, but she is def “redder”.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

13. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I’m also a redhead, but she is def “redder”.
    I knew her for probably three months before we moved in together. I needed a place to stay and she had just lost a roommate, so we got a little place together. We DID like each other so... ... but we were in the store together and she was in the hair color isle, so I asked if she was thinking about changing her hair color and she said I already did. I said you mean you're not blonde? She no, I have red hair. I said well holy cow, let the red grow back! So she actually got her color red hair dye and colored it back. (I actually got a pick of me helping her color her hair back to normal.) She didn't think anyone liked red hair. I told her it was beautiful. I still think red hair is really pretty. Much more so than blond.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-29-2020 at 09:37 PM.

15. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post