Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Governor issues stay-at-home order for South Florida

damn! I'm glad that's not me and hope that doesn't happen here either. Imagine being literally not allowed to leave your home for that long? Now til middle of May?
    --

Governor issues stay-at-home order for South Florida

ORLANDO, Fla. — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Monday announced that he is issuing a stay-at-home order for the southern portion of the state as the number of positive coronavirus cases grows.

The order will apply to Broward, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Monroe counties through the middle of May.

"The 'Safer-At-Home' [order] is the right move for southeast Florida," DeSantis said at a press conference at the Hard Rock Stadium, just north of Miami. "This is the time to do the right thing. Listen to all of your local officials."

"We will do this through the middle of May, and then see where we're at," he continued.

There are more than 5,000 positive coronavirus cases in Florida, with the state's department of health reporting 523 new positive cases on Sunday. The four counties included in the stay-at-home order make up over 58 percent of the cases in the Sunshine State, according to The Miami Herald.

The governor also announced a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine on any travelers entering the state from Louisiana, in addition to a mandatory two-week quarantine from the greater New York City area.

New York City has become a hotspot for the virus, while Louisiana's cases have skyrocketed over the past week.

Rest - https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...-south-florida
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Now Maryland...

What happens to folks like cigarette smokers? They run out and need to get a few packs - but not allowed to leave home? Many many will go out rather than suffer - but I wonder if there would be anywhere open if a stay at home order anyway.

Smokers better hurry up and get their online orders in!

--

Coronavirus: Maryland Imposes Stay-at-Home Order

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R) announced he is issuing a “stay-at-home” order for all residents that will take effect Monday evening at 8:00 p.m.

Hogan said residents should stay indoors unless their job is deemed essential, while nonessential businesses must shift their activities online if able.

Residents who recently visited nearby states have been asked to self-quarantine for two weeks.

“Unfortunately we are only at the beginning of this crisis, and it will get considerably worse before it gets better,” Hogan said. “We are no longer asking or suggesting Marylanders stay home, we are directing them to do so.”

Residents face misdemeanor charges if they violate the order.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...at-home-order/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm afraid others will try and follow suit. This is crazy.

--

Virginia Issues Stay-At-Home Order -- Until June 10!

Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam on Monday issued a stay-at-home orders for state residents, which prohibits anyone from leaving home except for trips deemed “essential,” such as getting food or seeking medical assistance.

The order “shall remain in full force and in effect until June 10, 2020, unless amended or rescinded by further executive order,” said the order’s text.

“We are at the beginning of a period of sacrifice. This s a difficult and unprecedented time… I have faith in you as Virginians,” the Democrat said. “We need to take this seriously and act responsibly. We will get through this together.”

The move by Northam marked a change in his stance. On Friday, he said an official order is no different from his repeated urging that stay at home except for essential needs.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...until-june-10/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'm afraid others will try and follow suit. This is crazy.

--

Virginia Issues Stay-At-Home Order -- Until June 10!

Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam on Monday issued a stay-at-home orders for state residents, which prohibits anyone from leaving home except for trips deemed “essential,” such as getting food or seeking medical assistance.

The order “shall remain in full force and in effect until June 10, 2020, unless amended or rescinded by further executive order,” said the order’s text.

“We are at the beginning of a period of sacrifice. This s a difficult and unprecedented time… I have faith in you as Virginians,” the Democrat said. “We need to take this seriously and act responsibly. We will get through this together.”

The move by Northam marked a change in his stance. On Friday, he said an official order is no different from his repeated urging that stay at home except for essential needs.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...until-june-10/
    I think they should put a mandate that there cannot be more than 1 person in grocery stores. Seriously, people are using the stores as a family outing.

Not everyone is just getting out for a drive.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

5. Likes jimnyc liked this post