Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default States That Didn't Shut Down

now acting unconstitutionally towards other state's peoples. FL, TX, RI all attempting to ban people from hard hit states implying that their growing problems are from these folks, ignoring that weeks ago, they were welcoming them for infusing cash into their economies.

I do think that folks should listen to the 'stay-at-home' orders, but if we learned anything 9/11 it should be that we need to guard our rights from turning to things like empowering the FISA courts or other bureaucracies within the government. At the same time, we are NOT 50 countries, but 1. What should be a time to educate people about responsibility and working for our communal safety, folks are turning into factions of states.

We should be peer pressuring those that aren't acting in the common good, whether it be not keeping their distance; hoarding; or infecting seeming unaffected areas. Instead we have large swaths of the country-my state for instance-where people are not social distancing. Some of the problem is state leadership-a belief that they can keep their own economy going, upon the suffering of others.

Bowing to public pressure. our governor issued a 'stay at home' that is a joke. By declaring 'essential' everything from spas, salons, golf courses, etc., there is nothing to say 'stay home.' It's a disgrace and like NO and Mardi Gras, there will be a price.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks NightTrain, SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I used to do 4 things that are considered non essential. Bocce, bowling, Bunco and eating in restaurants.

Even though my hair salon, massage and nail salon are considered essential ... I have not been in since first week of March. I would get massage every week. Really missing that. My housekeeper used to come every other week. Hasn't been here since February.

The only thing we are doing that is non essential is having the gardener out one day a week and the pest control people once a month.

Today I drove roommate to town for an EGD that has been on books for months. Stayed outside in my vehicle. Will stop on way home to pick up plants for garden, Costco, grocery store and Texas Roadhouse takeout for dinner. Then stay home until next grocery trip.

Maybe gun shop for ammo .....
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

4. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I used to do 4 things that are considered non essential. Bocce, bowling, Bunco and eating in restaurants.

Even though my hair salon, massage and nail salon are considered essential ... I have not been in since first week of March. I would get massage every week. Really missing that. My housekeeper used to come every other week. Hasn't been here since February.

The only thing we are doing that is non essential is having the gardener out one day a week and the pest control people once a month.

Today I drove roommate to town for an EGD that has been on books for months. Stayed outside in my vehicle. Will stop on way home to pick up plants for garden, Costco, grocery store and Texas Roadhouse takeout for dinner. Then stay home until next grocery trip.

Maybe gun shop for ammo .....
    Pretty much the same as myself. Saturday I went home early, not feeling well. Took off Sunday and Monday. Today and tomorrow I'm only working 6 hours each-then I stay home. I wish people would just come into the store, get what they need and leave. Instead they treat it as a family outing, staying for a long time-sometimes with 8-10 people. Their tribe makes keeping a 6' space impossible. It's selfish and dangerous.

What is considered 'essential' here is a joke. Salons and such? Dangerous for all-no way can one cut hair from a safe distance. Can't get a massage from that distance and keep hands off. Ducey is a douche.

I'd take my chance on Bocce before nails and hand holding-you can spray a ball before picking it up.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Pretty much the same as myself. Saturday I went home early, not feeling well. Took off Sunday and Monday. Today and tomorrow I'm only working 6 hours each-then I stay home. I wish people would just come into the store, get what they need and leave. Instead they treat it as a family outing, staying for a long time-sometimes with 8-10 people. Their tribe makes keeping a 6' space impossible. It's selfish and dangerous.

What is considered 'essential' here is a joke. Salons and such? Dangerous for all-no way can one cut hair from a safe distance. Can't get a massage from that distance and keep hands off. Ducey is a douche.

I'd take my chance on Bocce before nails and hand holding-you can spray a ball before picking it up.

We shut down our restaurant two weeks ago. There is NO ONE in Branson, it's a ghost town.

We're sheltering in place . Arkansas is doing a TERRIBLE job of maintaining social distancing overall though.

7. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    We shut down our restaurant two weeks ago. There is NO ONE in Branson, it's a ghost town.

We're sheltering in place . Arkansas is doing a TERRIBLE job of maintaining social distancing overall though.
    Restaurants for sit down just shut down a few weeks ago, way behind the curve.

It's good to 'see' you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Restaurants for sit down just shut down a few weeks ago, way behind the curve.

It's good to 'see' you.

Thanks, been super busy here lately trying to decide what to do about our restaurant etc etc. We have 45 employees , didn't want to just let them go. They are like family. So we wrote them all a personal check for hopefully enough to get them through this and closed the restaurant. We are still serving preparing lunch and dinner for all law enforcement and health professionals at no charge to them, but that requires far fewer employees than staying open full time. They are rotating so that everyone works some .

And of course now we have 5 kids home everyday all day long.

10. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Thanks, been super busy here lately trying to decide what to do about our restaurant etc etc. We have 45 employees , didn't want to just let them go. They are like family. So we wrote them all a personal check for hopefully enough to get them through this and closed the restaurant. We are still serving preparing lunch and dinner for all law enforcement and health professionals at no charge to them, but that requires far fewer employees than staying open full time. They are rotating so that everyone works some .

And of course now we have 5 kids home everyday all day long.
    It's good to be busy.

We've been buying at least 1-2 meals from local restaurants for pick up or delivery every week. It does look like they are keeping going, though with far, far fewer employees.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Hello there. Glad you and yours are ok.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

13. Thanks Black Diamond, STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I think the nails is safer. They are constantly sanitizing even when not a pandemic. However, because everything closes tonight at 5 PM they called and asked if I needed to get in today. I passed and will just take care of them myself this month.

Bocce balls are shared with 5-7 other people every time 8 balls are thrown down the court. Spraying and wiping each ball every time would be cumbersome and not enjoyable. Plus, keeping 6' away would be hard. A bunch of old people who need to sit on breeches between plays. Easier to just stay away until better days are back. By then, it'll be to hot to play. Oh well, life is changing on so many levels.

I wish you didn't have to go out to work K ... I worry about you.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

15. Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Hello there. Glad you and yours are ok.
    So far, so good. zero cases in my county. two confirmed cases in the county next to mine.

We're just doing our best to survive the great toilet paper war.

17. Likes Abbey Marie, jimnyc liked this post