Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default The Aircraft Carrier

Things starting to move:

https://apnews.com/cabbd6ade631320d515b365a6cb4c971

Nearly 3,000 sailors to leave carrier amid virus outbreak
    By LOLITA C. BALDOR
    30 minutes ago

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Sanity hits:

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-sha...ing-roosevelt/

Getting the sick and infected off. Keeping the ship protected.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

A shame they had to "beg" but I guess that was the tipping point for help. Get them off and get them help.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    A shame they had to "beg" but I guess that was the tipping point for help. Get them off and get them help.
    The captain that wrote that letter, probably torpedoed his chance for admiral. I'd say it's worth it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    The captain that wrote that letter, probably torpedoed his chance for admiral. I'd say it's worth it.
    Looks like the cost to himself was much higher:

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpun...d-coronavirus/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Looks like the cost to himself was much higher:

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpun...d-coronavirus/
    That's a disgrace, IMO.

At least he had this is on his way out. Such a shame. Looks like he had the respect of the entire carrier, and that tells me all I need to know.

--

USS Roosevelt Sailors Cheer In Support Of Fired Commander As He Exits The Coronavirus-Infected Ship

• Sailors aboard the USS Roosevelt cheered in support of their fired commander as he exited the coronavirus-infected aircraft carrier.
    • Capt. Brett Crozier was relieved of his duties Thursday after writing a letter begging officials to send help to the aircraft carrier, the Theodore Roosevelt, where more than 100 sailors were infected with coronavirus.
    • Video footage shows sailors repeatedly chanting “Captain Crozier” as well as cheering and applauding as the captain exited the ship.

Sailors on the USS Roosevelt cheered in support of their fired commander as he exited the coronavirus-infected aircraft carrier.

Video footage of Capt. Brett Crozier leaving the USS Roosevelt shows sailors aboard the aircraft carrier chanting “Captain Crozier,” as well as cheering and applauding as the captain exited the ship. Crozier stands momentarily to survey the crowd before saluting them and getting into an awaiting car.

Crozier was relieved of his duties Thursday after writing a letter begging officials to send help to the aircraft carrier, the Theodore Roosevelt, where more than 100 sailors were infected with coronavirus.

“And that’s how you send off one of the greatest captains you ever had,” an unknown person filming the crowd says in another video. “The GOAT.”

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/03/c...craft-carrier/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Ya know... as a veteran... I'm a little torn about this, because the military STRESSES the need for troops to FOLLOW THE CHAIN OF COMMAND. The thing is, if you don't like the response from your immediate superior, then at least you followed the chain of command and can then go over his/her head. It sounds like he didn't do this so, I can't really feel sorry for him. We all played by the same rules in the military. You don't get a pass to just side step the rules. That's not how the military works.

11. Likes jimnyc liked this post