Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I figured this was coming, the world is just a few months behind where I thought it should be.

https://lite987.com/walmart-preparin...ers-in-stores/
    Walmart appears to be preparing to limit the number of shoppers in the store at one time, as entrances are secured - and they're not the only ones.

In an effort to slow the spread of coronavirus, stores across the United States have been limiting the number of shoppers inside the store at any given time. Even in Central New York, smaller stores have been informally implementing the policy themselves.

For example, Holland Farms has stationed an associate by the door to limit the number of people in the store, and to ensure enough room for appropriate social distancing.

At the New Hartford Walmart, carts were upended along the entrance to the store, with plastic chain stretching from cart to cart. When asked, an associate told us the CDC is going to be releasing new guidelines limiting how many people can be in the store at any given time. He said he couldn’t say more.

Home Depot and Costco have also announced plans to limit the number of shoppers.

While we're unsure the CDC will be issuing guidelines, states like Maine have issued their own guidance, limiting the number of shoppers based on the square footage of the store. Under their guidelines, a store the size of Walmart would be limited to 100 shoppers at a time.

I've actually noticed carts upside down in front of the store when I got off at 11pm a couple of times. I think they are practicing.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    http://www.chewy.com

If I'm not going local to get something, then I always use my Chewy account first. Seem to have quicker shipping than Amazon too!! BUT, they are having short delays right now. But no biggie, you can still get in like 4 or 5 days tops, or at least I have been still. AND we get oour huge buckets of Tidy Cat there!

Looks like they still have plenty of stock of most too...

https://www.chewy.com/brands/tidy-ca...searchRedirect

And one of the 35 pounders:

https://www.chewy.com/tidy-cats-4-in...ping/dp/117585

38lb box your preference?

https://www.chewy.com/tidy-max-4-in-...nted/dp/202165
    Julia Roberts gets all of her doggie needs through Chewy.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Likes jimnyc, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I figured this was coming, the world is just a few months behind where I thought it should be.

https://lite987.com/walmart-preparin...ers-in-stores/

I've actually noticed carts upside down in front of the store when I got off at 11pm a couple of times. I think they are practicing.
    My area is already there. Home Depot limiting and pretty large lines. But not much reason for me to be there for sure, and I won't! Costco is at 25 at a time and one to the pharmacy right now. Deciccos, a tiny little grocer, but normally large enough for plenty of folks, they are down to one at a time for close to a week now. Almost all food has went delivery, and almost all only accepting credit and they ring and run like hell!

If Walmart went to one at a time, I think the lines there might be as long if not longer than Costco! They are getting swamped by shoppers from what I understand. One at a time is crazy. Imagine a jerk going in and deciding to shop around and do more than get a few items and GTFO? And like I said, I see all of that out there while I ran in and out with one or 2 dang items. Or just my medication while folks shop for make-up, toys and other garbage they simply don't need right now. So I think many stores are trying, and following all the guidelines, and then they have 500 knuckleheads standing in line on top of one another.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

My area is already there. Home Depot limiting and pretty large lines. But not much reason for me to be there for sure, and I won't! Costco is at 25 at a time and one to the pharmacy right now. Deciccos, a tiny little grocer, but normally large enough for plenty of folks, they are down to one at a time for close to a week now. Almost all food has went delivery, and almost all only accepting credit and they ring and run like hell!

If Walmart went to one at a time, I think the lines there might be as long if not longer than Costco! They are getting swamped by shoppers from what I understand. One at a time is crazy. Imagine a jerk going in and deciding to shop around and do more than get a few items and GTFO? And like I said, I see all of that out there while I ran in and out with one or 2 dang items. Or just my medication while folks shop for make-up, toys and other garbage they simply don't need right now. So I think many stores are trying, and following all the guidelines, and then they have 500 knuckleheads standing in line on top of one another.
    The article said 100 due to size, which makes sense. I would think Costco would too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Our Trader Joe’s has been doing that for a couple of weeks. Plus an employee wipes down a cart before you take it to bring inside.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

9. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Our Trader Joe’s has been doing that for a couple of weeks. Plus an employee wipes down a cart before you take it to bring inside.
    Yes, they are spraying down carts with disinfectant, then doing the handle and seat cover before giving it to customer-not allowing customers to go to racks of carts. Can't stop them from grabbing from parking lot, but they try.

The real step towards solution would be 'no children' and no more than 2 adults.

11. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    3 Trader Joe's in New York shut down recently due to employees with the virus. Cleaning up as closed before reopening. Outside of medical facilities (being the worst places to go), and clinics and then hitting pharmacies, I think next grocery stores not far behind. One of the fewer places still open and people still need to hit there fairly regularly/weekly, and adds up to a lot of folks in and out, no matter how many at a time.

So I go to buy box of cereal... how many products around me were possibly touched or apparently even breathed on recently by someone sick or asymptomatic? Personally, I've had gloves on and I go for the box in the back that people haven't been touching and then putting back on the shelf!

But yeah, in and out of the grocery store with the smallest of lists. No more stopping for snacks or ice cream or taking my time in the cereal or candy aisle, going over produce... if I can get that stuff on Amazon or otherwise online, cool for me, if not, I'm going without. If anything - head back and quickly grab milk/eggs/bread or whatever it is we need and can't get. Rush to self checkout with gloves on of course, and then flee!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Gloves and masks how to's:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

3 Trader Joe's in New York shut down recently due to employees with the virus. Cleaning up as closed before reopening. Outside of medical facilities (being the worst places to go), and clinics and then hitting pharmacies, I think next grocery stores not far behind. One of the fewer places still open and people still need to hit there fairly regularly/weekly, and adds up to a lot of folks in and out, no matter how many at a time.

So I go to buy box of cereal... how many products around me were possibly touched or apparently even breathed on recently by someone sick or asymptomatic? Personally, I've had gloves on and I go for the box in the back that people haven't been touching and then putting back on the shelf!

But yeah, in and out of the grocery store with the smallest of lists. No more stopping for snacks or ice cream or taking my time in the cereal or candy aisle, going over produce... if I can get that stuff on Amazon or otherwise online, cool for me, if not, I'm going without. If anything - head back and quickly grab milk/eggs/bread or whatever it is we need and can't get. Rush to self checkout with gloves on of course, and then flee!
    We have been doing strictly delivery of groceries through Instacart. Their employees are now on strike, but I was still able to get a delivery today.

Russ has to go in to Walgreens for our scrips, though.

We have done takeout a couple of times only, but that makes me nervous.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Yes, they are spraying down carts with disinfectant, then doing the handle and seat cover before giving it to customer-not allowing customers to go to racks of carts. Can't stop them from grabbing from parking lot, but they try.

The real step towards solution would be 'no children' and no more than 2 adults.
    Costco already announced no more than 2 people to a party of shoppers so that should cut down on bringing children.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

16. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Costco already announced no more than 2 people to a party of shoppers so that should cut down on bringing children.
    Today it seems that Walmart is limiting numbers into the store to 20% of capacity-that's about 900 people.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    And they do have the 35lb pails of Tidy Cat on their website. Going to need it so, probably head up there some day next week.

Anything to stay out of walmart.
    I won't go in Walmart. I don't go anywhere but Dollar General and/or 7-11. The Dollar General here has the first hour of business set aside for seniors. It is however a suggestion, not a rule. There are usually one of two younger dorks breaking the rule but for the most part, people have followed it.

Meaning I can get in there and out with only a few people around early. Later, it's packed. I don't need anything THAT bad.

Going to a regular store? I've been to one since this started t buy some ammo Forget that. And it's the younger people who think they are immune. Rude as Hell, no space. I went home and got my ammo online. Took 3 weeks, but I got it. Time to order some more
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

http://www.chewy.com

If I'm not going local to get something, then I always use my Chewy account first. Seem to have quicker shipping than Amazon too!! BUT, they are having short delays right now. But no biggie, you can still get in like 4 or 5 days tops, or at least I have been still. AND we get oour huge buckets of Tidy Cat there!

Looks like they still have plenty of stock of most too...

https://www.chewy.com/brands/tidy-ca...searchRedirect

And one of the 35 pounders:

https://www.chewy.com/tidy-cats-4-in...ping/dp/117585

38lb box your preference?

https://www.chewy.com/tidy-max-4-in-...nted/dp/202165
    Says all those items are "temporarily unavailable." The shipping on it would be through the roof too, unless you ordered more than $49 worth. But I appreciate the thought anyway. My younger sis uses Chewy all the time too.

But, I found the smaller 20 lb jug of Tidy Cat clumping at our grocery here in town, so SCORE. My little town store comes through again. I tell ya, I am honest to God glad as SHIT I'm where I'm at during this pandemic. It's a beautiful day here, sun is shining, it's warm, people are out, UTV's driving all around, and I was out myself today. Going to be nice tomorrow too. Going to hook up the wagon and break out the chain saw and cut up a tree that blew over last year. Stock up the campfire wood.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-04-2020 at 05:04 PM.

20. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Says all those items are "temporarily unavailable." The shipping on it would be through the roof too, unless you ordered more than $49 worth. But I appreciate the thought anyway. My younger sis uses Chewy all the time too.

But, I found the smaller 20 lb jug of Tidy Cat clumping at our grocery here in town, so SCORE. My little town store comes through again. I tell ya, I am honest to God glad as SHIT I'm where I'm at during this pandemic. It's a beautiful day here, sun is shining, it's warm, people are out, UTV's driving all around, and I was out myself today. Going to be nice tomorrow too. Going to hook up the wagon and break out the chain saw and cut up a tree that blew over last year. Stock up the campfire wood.
    That's funny. Speaking of scoring ... so I'm looking for baking powder at Dollar General. This apparently is an "essential" panic item for all those pastries and cakes one eats while in survival mode And my peripheral is locking onto a case of beans and franks which through the Gunny translator spells C-RATS. Yep. I grabbed it right up and said the same thing: SCORE. Hope they enjoy their "survival" baking powder. They deserve it.

I was just going to make the girls some pancakes.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

22. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post