Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Coronavirus Death Toll Will Be ‘Much, Much, Much Lower’ than Projected

Is WHO and the CDC to be blamed as much by the left as well? 3.4% death rate from WHO? A couple of million dead from the CDC? I don't think so, and the blame game from the left, IMO, only makes them look pathetic.

Things have been evolving, and quite quickly. They have numbers, they don't want to scare the hell out of everyone, but also need to keep folks informed. They do their best, and then the folks they report things to relay information to others, and the masses. Whether that be Trump, Birx, Fauci, Biden, doctors, nurses.... and of course they all also get information from leading doctors and scientists. A whole lot to digest and a lot in a short amount of time and then things evolve and change quickly.

Right or wrong at times, it ALL sucks, but it's what is needed. Definitely the social distancing and common sense things to stay clean. Stay informed and up to date. Wish for the best and prepare for the worst. I would much rather be prepared and see some things that suck, and live to tell about it... as opposed to taking things lightly, having money in pockets, no preparation or a care in the world, and if they are right and then some, you\ll have money in your pocket in a casket in a funeral home and your loved ones watching online via cam.

--

CDC Director: Coronavirus Death Toll Will Be ‘Much, Much, Much Lower’ than Projected

Appearing Monday on AM 1030 KVOI Radio, Dr. Robert Redfield, the Director of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), predicted that the death toll from the Chinese coronavirus will be “much, much, much lower” than the models have projected due to Americans following social distancing recommendations.

HOST: We were talking about some of the models, whether it’s from the imperial college guy in England or the University of Washington. Thank god some of these numbers are falling short of some of these catastrophic numbers. Tell me about the dynamic of the modeling and how it helps and influences decision making and then, when the reality comes in, how does the decision making transform?

DR. ROBERT REDFIELD: I think it’s really important. First, models are only as good as their assumptions. Obviously, there was a lot unknown about this virus. The ability to actively make a lot of assumptions was much wider than if this was an Influenza B outbreak. Second thing, I will say from a public health perspective, to me, the real value of models is to have a model and then try to understand — if I invest resources here, what does that do to the model? If I invest in intervention strategies here, what does that do to the model? It’s a way of beta testing how you’re going to respond and what it does to the different models. And models should never be used to assume that we have a number. You saw those numbers are quite staggering. You’ve got 200,000 to 2 million Americans are losing their lives before the fall. That’s a pretty staggering number.

HOST: Are throwing those kind of numbers out actually helpful because what they do is scare the hell out of everyone to social distance? Is that the purpose?

DR. REDFIELD: I think different people may look at it in different ways in terms of transparency. CDC had models early on. We didn’t really publicize the models. We used them internally to understand deviation strategies. I think part of the importance of getting the American public’s attention that these models did, we really need the American public to be fully engaged now with great rigor and vigilance on the social distancing. As you pointed out, those models that were done, they assume only about 50 percent of the American public would pay attention to the recommendations. In fact, what we’re seeing is a large majority of the American public are taking the social distancing recommendations to heart. And I think that’s the direct consequence of why you’re seeing the numbers are going to be much, much, much lower than would have been predicted by the models.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...han-projected/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I am sure the dead and their loved ones will appreciate that

You know what's a bitch to deal with? Well, if you have a conscience. Survivor's guilt. It'll eat you up inside.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Likes FakeNewsSux, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

what the f.... are you smoking Jim? Projections were likely if we do nothing. Social distancing is working. Now that 2m aren't dead, you are blaming agencies? What for exactly? Doing their job? Saving lives? What exactly is the problem here Jim?

6. Thanks FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    what the f.... are you smoking Jim? Projections were likely if we do nothing. Social distancing is working. Now that 2m aren't dead, you are blaming agencies? What for exactly? Doing their job? Saving lives? What exactly is the problem here Jim?
    You're absolutely right Pete! According to projections, we were well on our way to 2.2 million deaths due to COVID-19. But due to the swift and decisive action of the Trump administration, the actual count should be well below 10% of the prediction. Thank you for acknowledging that President Trump saved millions of American lives!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    And yet Trump's evolved on stances and projections and relaying a shitload of what he learns as president, and all you do is condemn him.

But anyone else trying to help that have made massive mistakes/changes/projections - we should now be condemned if there is any blame towards them? A hypocritical piece of shit. The hypocritical part of you has been known for quite a few years of course.

And sure, get out there now and patronize your Chinese restaurants. Go out there and do this and do that. Trump is a racist for blocking travel. That was just 3 weeks ago from some leading democrats. And today? They demand we all social distance and stay home. Trump watched people die instead of blocking travel from China. Lying hypocrites - just like you. And while they tout Fauci and how the medicine doesn't really help, you come here and state the same shit. And condemn Trump and republicans throughout this, and then have the hilarious audacity to claim others are pulling that shit, when it's only YOU doing so? Hilarious, because I show how things evolved and changed, and asked in a funny manner if we should perhaps condemn like you have been doing to some. Then I make myself clear that it is what is needed at the time. Tell us what you know every day, even if the shit is drastically different 8 days later. Will some likely be wrong? You bet. But it's what they are trying to do to keep us informed and alive.

But once again, here comes the walking and talking piece of shit again.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Drummond, FakeNewsSux, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

What I said about survivor's guilt? Pete won't have that problem.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, Drummond, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Drops yet again?

Good news in a way. Lets just hope the lower numbers will ultimately lead to reopening sooner than later. And no, Birx did nothing wrong. She and they and all of them I know are trying. As are scientists working on all kinds of things to get a medication or vaccine. I would rather they be way off base and too high, as opposed to little numbers and half the population dying.

Are they too to be condemned like Trump for getting models and projections or anything else wrong? Well, first off, between the left and the MSM they are not doing so - and I don't believe any of the above are doing anything wrongful, even if things are ending up "wrong".

--

After Updating Predictions on Sunday Latest IHME Predictions Already 20% Over Actual Numbers -- May Be Looking at 46,000 Total US Coronavirus Deaths or Less

Last TUESDAY Coronavirus Task Force Response Coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx pushed the talking point that by completely locking down the US economy and American public, the US government and Coronavirus task force “experts” were able to cut the total coronavirus deaths in the United States from 1 to 2.2 million deaths down to 100,000 to 200,000 deaths.

That is a stunning update. The revised their numbers down by around 90%!
    You’d think that would have made a few headlines?

This was based on “models” by her chosen scientific “experts” — Chris Murray and the IHME.

Here is the chart Dr. Birx discussed during the daily coronavirus press conference at the White House.

It shows an estimated 2.2 million US deaths.
    Again — this was at the press conference 6 days ago!

There is not a single country in the world today with over 16,000 total coronavirus deaths.

On Sunday night the IMHE cut their numbers in half.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...s-deaths-less/

13. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I am sure the dead and their loved ones will appreciate that

You know what's a bitch to deal with? Well, if you have a conscience. Survivor's guilt. It'll eat you up inside.
    Geez... ya know... since I have to deal with my TOXIC MASCULINITY and WHITE PRIVILEGE guilt already... now I have to add SURVIVOR'S GUILT?

Shit man... I'm going to be a wreck.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-07-2020 at 01:50 PM.

15. Thanks Drummond, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

The more news reports I hear (could be programme editors messing with our heads ... I don't automatically discount that !) ... the less certain I am that we have a real understanding of where we stand with this virus.

What concerns me is reports out of Korea, along with a university study ... each of which suggest that those who recover from Covid-19 can be reinfected with it.

This could suggest a lot ! For example, that if lockdowns are relaxed, all that'll do is encourage a further wave of infection. More infections = a greater chance of mutation, over time ? More deaths, all unexpected ?

What if Covid-19 is a virus we'll struggle to get a vaccine for, especially if antibodies do NOT confer immunity beyond a limited time ?

All this could be over-alarmist, and relaxations of lockdowns, if done properly, will safeguard life ... and we'll get a vaccine in a few months ... MAYBE.

But, none of this is guaranteed, AT ALL. Covid-19 might still be an active and deadly threat, five years from now. We don't actually KNOW it won't be.

Pete's 'graph' is consequently thoroughly stupid (there's a surprise !).

But so - just possibly !! - are other projections and assumptions, right now.

All we can do is learn from experience ... see how well, or badly, we do in the steps to be taken. We have to take them .. and, if we have more to learn, then, we DO.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

18. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Drops yet again?

Good news in a way. Lets just hope the lower numbers will ultimately lead to reopening sooner than later. And no, Birx did nothing wrong. She and they and all of them I know are trying. As are scientists working on all kinds of things to get a medication or vaccine. I would rather they be way off base and too high, as opposed to little numbers and half the population dying.

Are they too to be condemned like Trump for getting models and projections or anything else wrong? Well, first off, between the left and the MSM they are not doing so - and I don't believe any of the above are doing anything wrongful, even if things are ending up "wrong".

--

After Updating Predictions on Sunday Latest IHME Predictions Already 20% Over Actual Numbers -- May Be Looking at 46,000 Total US Coronavirus Deaths or Less

Last TUESDAY Coronavirus Task Force Response Coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx pushed the talking point that by completely locking down the US economy and American public, the US government and Coronavirus task force “experts” were able to cut the total coronavirus deaths in the United States from 1 to 2.2 million deaths down to 100,000 to 200,000 deaths.

That is a stunning update. The revised their numbers down by around 90%!
    You’d think that would have made a few headlines?

This was based on “models” by her chosen scientific “experts” — Chris Murray and the IHME.

Here is the chart Dr. Birx discussed during the daily coronavirus press conference at the White House.

It shows an estimated 2.2 million US deaths.
    Again — this was at the press conference 6 days ago!

There is not a single country in the world today with over 16,000 total coronavirus deaths.

On Sunday night the IMHE cut their numbers in half.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...s-deaths-less/
    As I have said over and over from the start--"they" - the fear and panic promoters have been falsely inflating the numbers, they have been lying about the death rate of those infected.
    Sure C-19 has caused the death of people-- but just not the higher number they falsely create.
    I dare anybody to go back and look, see if I have not maintained this from the start.
    They are still signing death certificates listing C-19 as the cause when it was either one or more other pre -existing conditions that actually caused the death.
    The math , the true numbers-- never gave the higher percentage that they gave as the death rate.
    Many of the ones doing that deliberately inflated the numbers to instill fear and panic -for many reasons--political agenda being the primary one.
    And they did that with total disregard of any whom it may harm, hurt or place in jeopardy...Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 04-19-2020 at 07:44 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

20. Thanks Drummond thanked this post