Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Now a Denver doctor and the medication mix

Cuomo didn't want to say too much about here in NY and said hospitals aren't releasing the information, and called it anecdotally, but said it's been working.

And now this doctor.

This medicine sucks! Don't give it to folks for a few years, after much testing and red tape. The doctors around the nation and around the world don't matter, nor the success rates.

And hell, this doctor said should he get the virus he will be taking the medication himself.

--

Denver Doctor: Hydroxychloroquine and Antibiotic Successfully Treated Coronavirus Patients

A family practitioner in Denver, Colorado, said he has used hydroxychloroquine combined with an antibiotic to treat several patients for coronavirus and that they “all did well.”

Dr. Constantine Tsamasfyros, who has been in practice for almost 50 years, told a local CBS affiliate that he “prescribed a combination of hydroxychloroquine (also known as Plaquenil) and an antibiotic called azithromycin to about a dozen patients over the last few weeks.”

“They all did well,” Tsamasfyros said in an interview. “They seemed to reverse their symptoms in a day or two.”

The doctor said he “absolutely” believes the medicine worked.

“If they’re drowning, you either pull them out of the water or at least throw them a rope to come out,” Tsamasfyros said, according to CBS4:

The medication has been used for years to treat malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. But in March, a French researcher in Marseilles, Dr. Didier Raoult, claimed he had successfully treated COVID-19 patients with hydroxychloroquine.

Other researchers and doctors have expressed skepticism over the methodology of the French study noting a lack of controls and checks and balances. The drug can also have significant side effects and can cause fatal heart problems.

Tsamasfyros said he began prescribing it to patients with coronavirus symptoms three to four weeks ago, since there was nothing else available.
    “On an outpatient basis there is really nothing to offer our patients,” Tsamasfyros said. ”Until we have something documented or better this is a fallback and we should not be depriving our patients.”

“You certainly don’t want to deprive a patient that might be drowning in an inflamed lung situation of any kind of help or assistance,” Tsamasfyros said, adding that despite the debate about the drugs he said “common sense” and science informed his decision.

Tsamasfyros told CBS4 that he told patients about the possible side effects.

The doctor said because he is on the front line treating coronavirus patients, if he is infected he will use the drugs himself.

When asked if he would continue to treat coronavirus patients with the drugs, Tsamasfyros said “absolutely.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...irus-patients/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

A French Hospital has stopped using it due to cardiac side effects
    https://www.nicematin.com/sante/coro...box=1586243253

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Well, there y'go. A Leftie who resists the idea of a drug being used that could save lives and maybe turn around a pandemic. This involving, yes, ONE French hospital.

Very helpful, that. Very patriotic. You must feel proud. Is this an example of dogma seen to be far more important than the lives of individuals ?

Pete: to, ahem, 'make your case' ... what did you do ? Turned your back on home-grown expertise, and instead tried to push a so-called 'authoritative' and 'cautionary' piece of news from a country thousands of miles distant from you.

You didn't even provide a translation. Newsflash: I do not speak French, and I'm not going to go to the lengths of trying to get your link translated, especially as I know that all I'm doing is facilitating your efforts at feeding me propaganda if I try.

You think your link overrules any other 'wisdom' out there ? OK. PROVE IT.

In the process, you should consider what the answer (TRUE answer) is to this following point:

If there is a genuine concern about cardiac side-effects from using that drug ... is this a universal effect ? OR, could it be that only a very small minority of patients are affected by it ? Perhaps in 95-98 percent of all cases, it can be safely used ? Or, that effect mitigated by another drug, taken simultaneously ?

I suggest this: a medication that is NOT new, and, in my country, at least, can be obtained even without a prescription .. can't be THAT dangerous !! So, translation or not, I suggest that your article addressed what is only a rare side-effect.

Simply, ask yourself: will use of the drug save more people than it'll harm ? I see absolutely nothing in what you've posted to prove that its use will kill more people than it will cure.

As ever, I'm content to be proven wrong, Pete.

But then, I would be. I'm a realist. Not a dogma-enslaved Leftie, with a pernicious motivation driving me.
    Last edited by Drummond; 04-07-2020 at 08:12 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

5. Thanks FakeNewsSux, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Well, there y'go. A Leftie who resists the idea of a drug being used that could save lives and maybe turn around a pandemic. This involving, yes, ONE French hospital.

Very helpful, that. Very patriotic. You must feel proud. Is this an example of dogma seen to be far more important than the lives of individuals ?

Pete: to, ahem, 'make your case' ... what did you do ? Turned your back on home-grown expertise, and instead tried to push a so-called 'authoritative' and 'cautionary' piece of news from a country thousands of miles distant from you.

You didn't even provide a translation. Newsflash: I do not speak French, and I'm not going to go to the lengths of trying to get your link translated, especially as I know that all I'm doing is facilitating your efforts at feeding me propaganda if I try.

You think your link overrules any other 'wisdom' out there ? OK. PROVE IT.

In the process, you should consider what the answer (TRUE answer) is to this following point:

If there is a genuine concern about cardiac side-effects from using that drug ... is this a universal effect ? OR, could it be that only a very small minority of patients are affected by it ? Perhaps in 95-98 percent of all cases, it can be safely used ? Or, that effect mitigated by another drug, taken simultaneously ?

I suggest this: a medication that is NOT new, and, in my country, at least, can be obtained even without a prescription .. can't be THAT dangerous !! So, translation or not, I suggest that your article addressed what is only a rare side-effect.

Simply, ask yourself: will use of the drug save more people than it'll harm ? I see absolutely nothing in what you've posted to prove that its use will kill more people than it will cure.

As ever, I'm content to be proven wrong, Pete.

But then, I would be. I'm a realist. Not a dogma-enslaved Leftie, with a pernicious motivation driving me.
    Jim mentions ONE DENVER DOCTOR.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

You cite ONE FRENCH HOSPITAL.

If, repeat, IF, there's a real side effect requiring consideration, there's still the matter of whether the risk of it outweighs the good the drug can do against Covid-19.

Are more susceptible to that cardiac side effect than others ? Are some people not susceptible to it AT ALL ?

Do you know ? Or, does your need to drive your argument forward outweigh any of that ?
    Last edited by Drummond; 04-07-2020 at 08:31 PM.

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    You cite ONE FRENCH HOSPITAL.
    And you responded to me not Jim. You're a hypocrite.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I know that you're driven by an agenda. I know that agenda to be a pernicious one.

I also know that you're avoiding answering my questions. Of course you are.

Now, let's see you change tack and try to directly answer me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Wow. That where you were all afternoon? Working on THAT comeback?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Wow. That where you were all afternoon? Working on THAT comeback?
    Well he mailed vote in so we know he wasn't doing that

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And the other hundreds and hundreds of success stories still stand - against one here or there.

So GOOD, don't go near it! Adios, piece of shit.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

15. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Nope, Jim posted about NO LESS than a minimum of 1500 success stories via 20 doctors prescribing.... and then 6,000 doctors of a mixtures of doctors prescribing it with success and doctors agreeing on it being the best treatment thus far.

You dishonest, lying, exaggerating piece of shit. You will ignore endlessly anything you don't like and then coming running like my little bitch again to report when you find something negative about it. You are a transparent piece if shit no less.

You post lies left and right and post outright BS and act like no one is seeing what you or others post. You don't even read things unless it's what you want to hear.

You fit in with the lowest forms of life, those that folks all look at with disgust. Enjoy.