Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default New York higher once again

Hospitalizations down though they say.

--

Coronavirus Live Updates: New York Death Toll Swells by 779; Congress Mulls Billions in Additional Funds

New York State now has more confirmed cases than Italy. A jail in Chicago is the largest-known source of U.S. infections. The virus is spreading in rural communities.

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo of New York said that 779 more people had died in the state, its highest single-day death toll yet. The total number of deaths in the state is 6,268.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/u...s-updates.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Beat it again, 799 since yesterday. And new sick are letting up. BUT how many not tested? Too many unknowns still to say if it'll do this or that.

--

Cuomo: Despite mounting death toll, 'we are flattening the curve'

At his daily press briefing in Albany, N.Y., New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that the state set a record for number of coronavirus deaths (799) for the fourth straight day. Overall, more than 7,000 New Yorkers have died from COVID-19-related complications.

But Cuomo also said the state's restrictions and social distancing guidelines to combat the virus are working, and the number of hospitalizations is on the decline.

"We are flattening the curve so far," Cuomo said. "But you can't relax."

He added: "If we stop acting the way we're opening, you will see those numbers go up."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavir...121931329.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

All this staying home is making me bored - who wants to hop on a plane or a train and come spend some time here in New York?

---

Cuomo says ‘breathtaking’ new record 799 New Yorkers die in day — warns against underestimating pandemic

Gov. Cuomo said a “breathtaking” record 799 people died in New York state from coronavirus in one day Thursday and warned against underestimating the killer pandemic.

The new 24-hour death spree raises the total statewide toll over 7,000.

“I understand the data but you’re dealing with 799 lives,” Cuomo said. “It’s so shocking, breathtaking. I don’t even have words for it.”

The terrible toll could be even worse. New York City said Thursday that 824 people died in the five boroughs alone. The city and state are using different methodologies for counting victims, leading to discrepancies.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavi...5dq-story.html

NYC reports 824 new coronavirus deaths in a day as confirmed cases grow over 84,000

New York City reported 824 new deaths from coronavirus in about a day as the number of confirmed cases grew to more than 84,000 on Thursday morning, health data shows.

There were 84,373 confirmed cases of COVID-19 as of 9:30 a.m. Thursday, up by 6,406 since 9:15 Wednesday morning, according to the city Health Department.

The city reported 4,426 people died of coronavirus by Thursday morning, an increase of nearly 23% from the 3,602 death toll about 24 hours before.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavi...kgq-story.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I know you are joking, macabre humor.

But FYI, we are playing games over FaceTime with family and friends. It really does feel social and it seems to help a bit.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

6. Likes jimnyc liked this post