Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Serve at the pleasure of the president

After the amount of shenanigans that have been pulled in the past 3 years, I too would shitcan anyone that I am not 100% comfortable with. But will be more fun watching the chickens get angry and the accusations won't be far behind.

--

President Trump to Reportedly Fire Several Deep State IGs at Once

President Trump recently fired Intel Community IG Michael Atkinson and he’s reportedly gearing up to fire several more Deep State IGs in one fell swoop.

The IGs Trump is looking to fire were appointed by Barack Obama or beforehand.

“President Trump wants his own people in those positions now.”

Real Clear Politics reporter Susan Crabtree said it could include Brian Miller, senior White House associate counsel, as special inspector general for pandemic recovery at the Treasury Department. Trump appointed Miller to the special IG post last Friday.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...eep-state-igs/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny, Russ, NightTrain, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

For anybody that comprehends English, the thread title just about covers everything nicely. No further explanation necessary. Little late in the game but if and when he does it I'm all for it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Russ, FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, Abbey Marie, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I don't know anything about these IG's, and maybe some or all of them are above board and have done nothing wrong.

HOWEVER, it first became apparent when Trump's phone call with the Australia Prime Minister was leaked the the press, back in the opening days of his adminstration, and has been abundantly clear since then - that there a number of holdover "non-political" appointees in the White House that have decided to use their "non-political" position-of-trust jobs as an opportunity to backstab the President.

Got a holdover job in the White House? Congratulations. Hate Trump? No problem, you're allowed. Planning on using your holdover job in the White House to make leaks to the press or otherwise backstab the elected President? Now we got a problem.

If you have have a holdover job in the White House but hate Trump, then quit your job and do something else. CNN needs volunteers, I hear. Using a position of trust to secretly backstab your elected President makes you a traitor. If you want to attack Trump, do it from outside the White House.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

6. Thanks Abbey Marie, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I don't know anything about these IG's, and maybe some or all of them are above board and have done nothing wrong.

HOWEVER, it first became apparent when Trump's phone call with the Australia Prime Minister was leaked the the press, back in the opening days of his adminstration, and has been abundantly clear since then - that there a number of holdover "non-political" appointees in the White House that have decided to use their "non-political" position-of-trust jobs as an opportunity to backstab the President.

Got a holdover job in the White House? Congratulations. Hate Trump? No problem, you're allowed. Planning on using your holdover job in the White House to make leaks to the press or otherwise backstab the elected President? Now we got a problem.

If you have have a holdover job in the White House but hate Trump, then quit your job and do something else. CNN needs volunteers, I hear. Using a position of trust to secretly backstab your elected President makes you a traitor. If you want to attack Trump, do it from outside the White House.
    Trump's whole damned problem in this regard is he came in with no National political infrastructure of his own. Then he took on the existing infrastructure using people from that infrastructure who are loyal to the bureaucracy, not the guy who occupies the WH 4-8 years. He's been battling uphill since day while the people who occupy the Government of the United States have thrown everything they can in his way to include an attempted impeachment.

I said in the beginning this is what he was going to face, and so he has. At this point, I can second guess or say I would have done this or that in the President's place, but I have an OJT insider knowledge (by no means an expert) he does not, and he has not yet asked my opinion

If I was going to express a specific dislike for his approach I would have to say the amount of time he takes to do things. He acts like he has forever. It's the bureaucracy that has forever and only to wait 4-8 years and we've gotten a good look at exactly how the bureaucracy reacts to being threatened. It tickles the Hell out of me that he has stayed a step ahead of those goons the whole time.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain, High_Plains_Drifter, Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure that the reason he didn't immediately fire all of holdovers like most presidents do is because he's not a politician. This is his first political gig and he hadn't yet witnessed treachery of this magnitude.

0bama loaded his government with loyal diehard liberals, so of course they've all been working and scheming to sink him while keeping a low profile.

I think he's up to speed now, though, and I really like this Operation Clean Sweep. Time to clean house.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

10. Thanks Gunny, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes Russ, FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the reason he didn't immediately fire all of holdovers like most presidents do is because he's not a politician. This is his first political gig and he hadn't yet witnessed treachery of this magnitude.

0bama loaded his government with loyal diehard liberals, so of course they've all been working and scheming to sink him while keeping a low profile.

I think he's up to speed now, though, and I really like this Operation Clean Sweep. Time to clean house.
    One distinction, young 'un ... The Messiah did his best of course but that bureaucracy has been around as long as the government has. Somebody has to run the place amid all these "temp hires". The latter come and go. The former probably consider driving into VA or MD a major interstate outing.

I was there when Billybob had his trailer hitch on the White House. It was no different then as now and half of these cradle-to-grave nimrods are probably courtesy of Bill. I don't recall GWB messing with the bureaucracy. He would barely mess with the Dems in Congress, much less the monster. So they've had it their way since the 90s. Dems don't mess with them. They are the Dem Party's lackeys.
    Last edited by Gunny; 04-08-2020 at 09:00 PM.

12. Thanks Russ thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    One distinction, young 'un ... The Messiah did his best of course but that bureaucracy has been around as long as the government has. Somebody has to run the place amid all these "temp hires". The latter come and go. The former probably consider driving into VA or MD a major interstate outing.

I was there when Billybob had his trailer hitch on the White House. It was no different then as now and half of these cradle-to-grave nimrods are probably courtesy of Bill. I don't recall GWB messing with the bureaucracy. He would barely mess with the Dems in Congress, much less the monster. So they've had it their way since the 90s. Dems don't mess with them. They are the Dem Party's lackeys.
    You think so? I would have thought Slick Willy's Willy's toadies would have been fired or retired by now.

One huge flaw to Dubya is that he never fought back, which of course emboldened the liberals and the liberal media. And he never really cleaned house.

I believe that the political discourse in America took a dive during his term because he always believed that ignoring distortions and outright lies was better than confronting it - and now we have a culture that embraces repeating obvious falsehoods to score political points.

Consider the WMD in Iraq. To this day you'll read idiots convinced that there was no Iraqi WMDs, and there were. A lot. But Dubya never fought back and allowed that BS to continue unabated, and liberals learned that if you repeat something enough, even if it's wrong, it becomes accepted as truth. Common knowledge, even. I don't even correct the idiots anymore.

Anyway... yeah, I know there's lifelong bureaucrats. But I suspect most of them are from the 0bama era and those are the ones actively trying to sabotage and derail Trump's efforts.

Fire them all, just to be safe, I say.

14. Thanks LongTermGuy, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

If I was the president, all I'd have to see is a person appointed by the America hating kenyan muslim and I'd fire them.

I think Trump, not being a politician, didn't head into being president with a lot of preconceived partisan notions. I think he figured he'd leave people where they're at until they showed him they weren't up to the job.

THEN HE LEARNED, that in Washington, EVERYTHING is partisan, ESPECIALLY to the filthy, cheating, lying, corrupt democrats, and that if you're going to stand a chance fighting back against these shysters, you need your OWN TEAM behind you. I don't blame Trump one damn bit. I think cleaning out all the nasty little obama democrats that he can is long overdue. They've been SCREWING with him since day one. They deserve to get shit canned.

How many people did the clintons fire all at once? Wasn't it something like 60+? They just made one fell swoop and shit canned EVERYBODY.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-09-2020 at 05:51 AM.

16. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    If I was the president, all I'd have to see is a person appointed by the America hating kenyan muslim and I'd fire them.

I think Trump, not being a politician, didn't head into being president with a lot of preconceived partisan notions. I think he figured he'd leave people where they're at until they showed him they weren't up to the job.

THEN HE LEARNED, that in Washington, EVERYTHING is partisan, ESPECIALLY to the filthy, cheating, lying, corrupt democrats, and that if you're going to stand a chance fighting back against these shysters, you need your OWN TEAM behind you. I don't blame Trump one damn bit. I think cleaning out all the nasty little obama democrats that he can is long overdue. They've been SCREWING with him since day one. They deserve to get shit canned.

How many people did the clintons fire all at once? Wasn't it something like 60+? They just made one fell swoop and shit canned EVERYBODY.
    What I recall of his Presidential campaign (i.e what he was saying on the campaigning trail, before he was elected President) was that, once he got into Office, he intended to 'drain the swamp'.

It got a lot of attention here, and was taken to mean that he was going to undertake reforms within the echelons of power in Washington.

Here's a UK report on the 'drain the swamp' pledge ...

https://metro.co.uk/2018/01/20/what-...ay-it-7245279/

During President Trump’s election campaign around 18 months ago, he repeatedly said the phrase ‘drain the swamp’. The phrase caused curiosity among people, voters and political commentators around the world.

Trump used this metaphor to describe his plan to fix problems in the federal government. During his presidential campaign, Trump claimed then that he would raise taxes on the wealthy, particularly the hedge fund managers.

He vowed that he would take on the ‘power structure’ in Washington and ‘drain the swamp’ of all the lobbyists who had hurt the country’s working class.

He also said he would impose a lifetime ban on top executive administration staff from lobbying ‘on behalf of foreign governments.’ Furthermore, Trump also wanted to stop foreign lobbyists from engaging in fundraising for American elections. Trump said that as a billionaire, he knew how the system was rigged. He said he would be able to work around that rigged system for the benefit of the people if he was elected president.
    It's clear from this that Trump always intended to be a reforming President. Whether he had Obama ex-accolytes in his sights to begin with, he certainly had the mindset to reform wherever he saw that a need for it existed.
    Last edited by Drummond; 04-09-2020 at 06:10 AM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    You think so? I would have thought Slick Willy's Willy's toadies would have been fired or retired by now.

One huge flaw to Dubya is that he never fought back, which of course emboldened the liberals and the liberal media. And he never really cleaned house.

I believe that the political discourse in America took a dive during his term because he always believed that ignoring distortions and outright lies was better than confronting it - and now we have a culture that embraces repeating obvious falsehoods to score political points.

Consider the WMD in Iraq. To this day you'll read idiots convinced that there was no Iraqi WMDs, and there were. A lot. But Dubya never fought back and allowed that BS to continue unabated, and liberals learned that if you repeat something enough, even if it's wrong, it becomes accepted as truth. Common knowledge, even. I don't even correct the idiots anymore.

Anyway... yeah, I know there's lifelong bureaucrats. But I suspect most of them are from the 0bama era and those are the ones actively trying to sabotage and derail Trump's efforts.

Fire them all, just to be safe, I say.
    Is Bader-Ginsburg gone? That's to your first question. Those people do not go away until they have max'd all possible avenues of government service or die. An example: 20-30 years in the military. +20 years Civil Service. Retirement check from each. THEN get appointed to a government position by a Presidential Administration and hang out so long as the winds are fair and the seas following.

That's an example of how to get there, and it is by no means uncommon. The Civil Service in DC is a good ol' boy network run by other civil servants. If you're "in the club", they'll find you a job. In the military what you do is network while you're assigned there, stay in touch when you leave, and you're in if you're "in". If they don't like you? You can look at the last 3 1/2 years of the Trump Administration and see how THAT goes.

I agree on GWB. Before it did its "disappearing act" from the net, you could find info where we in fact sold dual-use materiel to Saddam during the Iran-Iraq War for the unwritten purpose of Saddam's chemical attacks on Iran. The CIA taught Saddam's chemists to refine and make "better" mustard gas. I mean, what else do you need?

In retrospect, I don't think GWB was as prepared to be the President as everyone thought. He was a good Governor and that got him the ticket. Problem is, a GOP Gov in Texas better know how to appeal to the moderate left and deal with them or he won't be successful. I think GWB was unprepared for the cutthroat level of DC antics from the likes of Pelosi and Reid. We have a few off the rails lefties here like that moron from El Paso, Albert O'Rourke but you see how far he got. They're mostly kept in check.

I think it does not matter which President appointed them. If they are part of the machine, it will eat a threat and Trump is a threat. They've pretty-much tried everything sort of assassination. I would like to say that even "they" know that would be a step too far and what it would get them politically, but then, I remind myself of the past 3 1/3 years where they have set one precedent of stupid after another beyond anywhere I would have expected them to.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Where's Pete? Don't we need his perspective on this?
    Last edited by OAK; 04-09-2020 at 01:01 PM.

20. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OAK View Post
    Where's Pete? Don't we need his perspective on this?
    Petey took a glorius beating yesterday and is pouting in the corner.

22. Thanks Gunny thanked this post