Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default The Pope Delivers A Message Of Hope This Holy Week

So let me get this straight. God's vicar on earth believes that COVID-19 is nature's revenge on the human race for it's years of neglect in the area of climate change? Since God created heaven and earth, would it not be accurate to assume that acts of nature are actually acts of God? If that is the case, is God's representative on earth telling us that God is pissed off enough at us for not handing most of our civil rights and three quarters of our wealth over to Al Gore and a handful of European globalist elites that he want to kill us off with a virus spawned by a godless, communist government?

Pope Francis Says Pandemic Is ‘Nature’s Response’ to Human Inaction over Climate Change

ROME — Pope Francis said he believes the Chinese coronavirus pandemic is “certainly nature’s response” to humanity’s failure to address the “partial catastrophes” wrought by human-induced climate change.
    Asked by British journalist Austen Ivereigh whether the COVID-19 crisis is an opportunity for an “ecological conversion,” the pontiff reasserted his belief that humanity has provoked nature by not responding adequately to the climate crisis.
    “There is an expression in Spanish: ‘God always forgives, we forgive sometimes, but nature never forgives,’” Francis said in the interview published Wednesday. “We did not respond to the partial catastrophes. Who now speaks of the fires in Australia, or remembers that a year and a half ago a boat could cross the North Pole because the glaciers had all melted? Who speaks now of the floods?”
    “I don’t know if it is nature’s revenge, but it is certainly nature’s response,” he added.
    “Every crisis contains both danger and opportunity: the opportunity to move out from the danger,” he said. “Today I believe we have to slow down our rate of production and consumption and to learn to understand and contemplate the natural world.”

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...limate-change/

2. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'm funny, I listen to the message from Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday. God's message, not the Pope's. It's amazing how the man is able to upset so many righteous Christians that think the religion is of Satan's spawn.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I'm Lutheran. We believe that the Pope's been talking out his ass for 500 years.

6. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    I'm Lutheran. We believe that the Pope's been talking out his ass for 500 years.
    As I said.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I think the pope is a liberal globalist putz.

And I was raised a Methodist, but no longer identify with a denomination. I simply consider myself a Christian. I go by what's written in the Bible... as best I can...

9. Thanks LongTermGuy, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I think the pope is a liberal globalist putz.

And I was raised a Methodist, but no longer identify with a denomination. I simply consider myself a Christian. I go by what's written in the Bible... as best I can...
    I believe you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I am not anti-Catholic by any means. In fact, I was raised Catholic and attended Catholic schools right through college. Nor am I anti-Pope.

This Pope will have a lot to answer for when he meets God.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

12. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'm funny, I listen to the message from Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday. God's message, not the Pope's. It's amazing how the man is able to upset so many righteous Christians that think the religion is of Satan's spawn.
    There’s no doubt there is a lot of anti-Catholic feeling out there. Even among Protestants and non-denoms. But I don’t think it’s surprising that people see the Pope and the religion as one and the same. He is after all held up as the beloved, infallible God-divined leader of the whole Church. And those people worry that millions of Catholics will follow his every utterance.

I know the Church does a ton of good in the world, and it all would be sorely missed should the Church fail.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

14. Likes FakeNewsSux, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    There’s no doubt there is a lot of anti-Catholic feeling out there. Even among Protestants and non-denoms. But I don’t think it’s surprising that people see the Pope and the religion as one and the same. He is after all held up as the beloved, infallible God-divined leader of the whole Church. And those people worry that millions of Catholics will follow his every utterance.

I know the Church does a ton of good in the world, and it all would be sorely missed should the Church fail.
    Actually there is a ton of anti-Catholic feeling here, always has been. Not surprise. As a former Catholic, I know you know the teachings on the Pope are not that he is infallible in any manner other than regarding the teachings of Christ. He's not infallible as a man, as a priest, etc. I now you know that.

16. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I'm not anti Catholic. Right or wrong, they're free to believe what they want. So are Buddhists and Hindus and Muslims, as am I.

But I recognize a liberal leftist when I see one, and this pope being fine with homosexual marriage and constantly advocating for open borders, well hell, those are two of the biggest pet agenda items for the progressive left there are.

Just once I'd like to hear this pope explain how he squares homo marriage with the Bible, when God clearly states in the Bible...

KJV - Leviticus 20:
    13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-10-2020 at 06:47 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'm not anti Catholic. Right or wrong, they're free to believe what they want. So are Buddhists and Hindus and Muslims, as am I.

But I recognize a liberal leftist when I see one, and this pope being fine with homosexual marriage and constantly advocating for open borders, well hell, those are two of the biggest pet agenda items for the progressive left there are.

Just once I'd like to hear this pope explain how he squares homo marriage with the Bible, when God clearly states in the Bible...

Leviticus 20:
    13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
    In the same vein, I'm not against self-righteous, self-anointed so called pseudo gods that call themselves protestant Christians, muslims, etc. Bringing death and destruction to all they judge condemned.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    In the same vein, I'm not against self-righteous, self-anointed so called pseudo gods that call themselves protestant Christians, muslims, etc. Bringing death and destruction to all they judge condemned.
    No one should ever be killed in the name of religion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Where the Pope is concerned, it's perfectly simple.

He's just a man (however greatly he's revered, & regardless of the basis for that reverence). As such, he's prey to the environment he lives in.

Where does he live ?

Answer: EUROPE.

Consider the political and social climate of Europe, and ... does any more need to be said ?

If we lived in a world where the Pope lived in, and was based, in the southern United States (e.g Texas) ... I wonder what he'd be saying .. ?
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

21. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Where the Pope is concerned, it's perfectly simple.

He's just a man (however greatly he's revered, & regardless of the basis for that reverence). As such, he's prey to the environment he lives in.

Where does he live ?

Answer: EUROPE.

Consider the political and social climate of Europe, and ... does any more need to be said ?

If we lived in a world where the Pope lived in, and was based, in the southern United States (e.g Texas) ... I wonder what he'd be saying .. ?
    Indeed. From my standpoint, he surely seems to have more effect on the ignorant of whatever faith or lack thereof. Sometimes one laughs, sometimes one strikes back at the ignorant that just use the pope to spread their hate, lies, and own earned inadequacies.

23. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

No one should ever be killed in the name of religion.
    and yet the ignorant do. Muslims, hate-filled Protestants, actually those that hate in general.

It's the ignorant that spread disinformation and relish in the choas.

25. Likes Drummond liked this post