Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    and yet the ignorant do. Muslims, hate-filled Protestants, actually those that hate in general.

It's the ignorant that spread disinformation and relish in the choas.
    Point basically accepted; though (& probably very tiresomely so) I think Islam can be questioned as to whether it IS a religion, or maybe it's just a political cult hell-bent on world domination, no matter what the human cost.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

2. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Point basically accepted; though (& probably very tiresomely so) I think Islam can be questioned as to whether it IS a religion, or maybe it's just a political cult hell-bent on world domination, no matter what the human cost.
    true on both. Then there is China, supposedly atheist, the same could be said-though they avoid violence against the strong.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

and yet the ignorant do. Muslims, hate-filled Protestants, actually those that hate in general.

It's the ignorant that spread disinformation and relish in the choas.
    I agree, and it's wrong.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I agree, and it's wrong.
    and yet your posts and thanks tend to contradict? I'll take this as literally as the rest.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

and yet your posts and thanks tend to contradict? I'll take this as literally as the rest.
    Where's the contradiction?

I think you misunderstand me.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-10-2020 at 08:11 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Where's the contradiction?

I think you misunderstand me.
    Maybe it's perception? I don't think so, but perhaps you can convince me? Looking at your posts, it appears your condemnation of Pope/Catholics stems from HIS, fallible, perspective on gays?

Yet, shockingly, I don't see the same regarding Episcopal, Lutheran, or Methodist, all of which have addressed the same topic, with similar results? One of which has split over the topic. I await your learned reply.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Maybe it's perception? I don't think so, but perhaps you can convince me? Looking at your posts, it appears your condemnation of Pope/Catholics stems from HIS, fallible, perspective on gays?

Yet, shockingly, I don't see the same regarding Episcopal, Lutheran, or Methodist, all of which have addressed the same topic, with similar results? One of which has split over the topic. I await your learned reply.
    No need to get snarky now. I like to discuss things as much as the next person, but when the claws come out, that's when things go south.

The thread is about the pope, no? So he is who I'm commenting on, and yes, as I already pointed out, the pope's purported belief that there is nothing wrong with homo marriage is in stark contrast with what God says in the Bible. I don't see what part about that would be hard to perceive. And as far as CONDEMNING, I've done no such thing, of the pope or catholics.

If you'd like to have a discussion about every other denomination then say so, but to save some time, if they believe as the pope does as to the afore mentioned topic, then they're in defiance of God's word in the Bible as well.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-10-2020 at 08:55 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

No need to get snarky now. I like to discuss things as much as the next person, but when the claws come out, that's when things go south.

The thread is about the pope, no? So he is who I'm commenting on, and yes, as I already pointed out, the pope's purported belief that there is nothing wrong with homo marriage is in stark contrast with what God says in the Bible. I don't see what part about that would be hard to perceive. And as far as CONDEMNING, I've done no such thing, of the pope or catholics.

If you'd like to have a discussion about every other denomination then say so, but to save some time, if they believe as the pope does as to the afore mentioned topic, then they're in defiance of God's word in the Bible as well.
    So I'm snarky when I doubt your words of not being hateful? LOL! Pot meets kettle. You just proved my point, you are just anti-Catholic. Probably use that to cover your pro-Gay stance via Protestantism. Maybe not, but it's snarky indeed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

So I'm snarky when I doubt your words of not being hateful? LOL! Pot meets kettle. You just proved my point, you are just anti-Catholic. Probably use that to cover your pro-Gay stance via Protestantism. Maybe not, but it's snarky indeed.
    No, you're snarky when you use hyperbole like CONDEMN and your SHOCKED and will wait for my LEARNED RESPONSE. All little passive aggressive digs.

I know this is a touchy subject for you. You blew a gasket when I posted that video about similarities between catholicism and islam. It's just for people to watch and make up their own mind. Blow it off or believe it, makes no difference. It's information out there for people to consume.

But am I "ANTI CATHOLIC?" I challenge you to find anywhere on this board where I have STATED, I HATE CATHOLICS, I AM ANTI CATHOLIC. You're taking me pointing out the FACT that your pope is openly DEFYING the WORD OF GOD IN THE BIBLE about homos, and twisting it into... "YOU HAVE CATHOLICS."

I don't want to play this game, not when you're going to twist and turn, assume and accuse me of things that just aren't true because this topic is one that really sets you off. I honestly couldn't care LESS about catholics, or the POPE.

I'm out.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-10-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

No, you're snarky when you use hyperbole like CONDEMN and your SHOCKED and will wait for my LEARNED RESPONSE. All little passive aggressive digs.

I know this is a touchy subject for you. You blew a gasket when I posted that video about similarities betweencatholicism and islam. It's just for people to watch and make up their own mind. Blow it off or believe it, makes no difference. It's information out there for people to consume.

But am I "ANTI CATHOLIC?" I challenge you to find anywhere on this board where I have STATED, I HATE CATHOLICS, I AM ANTI CATHOLIC. You're taking me pointing out the FACT that your pope is openly DEFYING the WORD OF GOD IN THE BIBLE about homos, and twisting it into... "YOU HAVE CATHOLICS."

I don't want to play this game, not when you're going to twist and turn, assume and accuse me of things that just aren't true because this topic is one that really sets you off. I honestly couldn't care LESS about catholics, or the POPE.

I'm out.

Shockingly actions speak louder than words. You habitually write anti-Catholic missives, post anti-Catholic videos. You actually seem obsessed.

You will not find me writing anti-protestant anything, other than in response to the hateful, which includes yourself.

So, are you out of the closet? Many of your fellow protestants will not care, just look it up, even those on the 'right.'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

On this Good Friday we are all reminded that Jesus died for all creation. We are all children of God and through the faith in God brought to us through baptism, we know that our sins have been forgiven through the Grace of God. We need to be more diligent in carrying out His final and greatest commandment to love each other as we love ourselves.

I do possess religious preferences but I don't believe that I am anti any particular religion. The founder of my denomination was a Catholic monk. The Son of God was Jewish. Abraham is a central figure in the Christian, Jewish and Muslim faiths. You may not believe this but last night, after watching a webcast of my church's Maundy Thursday service, I watched the Passover Seder on Jewish Life TV. I have many Jewish friends but have never participated in a seder and was interested in what it was like. Other than not understanding Hebrew, the stories and the traditions were all very familiar to me.

Just as the Passover reminds us of the ten plagues of Egypt and God's deliverance of his people, we're are told that Easter Sunday is to be the peak of our present day plague. May the Easter lesson of God's victory over death be made even more profound this year as God delivers his people to victory over COVID-19.

May God bless us all.

14. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    On this Good Friday we are all reminded that Jesus died for all creation. We are all children of God and through the faith in God brought to us through baptism, we know that our sins have been forgiven through the Grace of God. We need to be more diligent in carrying out His final and greatest commandment to love each other as we love ourselves.

I do possess religious preferences but I don't believe that I am anti any particular religion. The founder of my denomination was a Catholic monk. The Son of God was Jewish. Abraham is a central figure in the Christian, Jewish and Muslim faiths. You may not believe this but last night, after watching a webcast of my church's Maundy Thursday service, I watched the Passover Seder on Jewish Life TV. I have many Jewish friends but have never participated in a seder and was interested in what it was like. Other than not understanding Hebrew, the stories and the traditions were all very familiar to me.

Just as the Passover reminds us of the ten plagues of Egypt and God's deliverance of his people, we're are told that Easter Sunday is to be the peak of our present day plague. May the Easter lesson of God's victory over death be made even more profound this year as God delivers his people to victory over COVID-19.

May God bless us all.
    Yes, you are right. I've an ex that Jewish; one son and his wife as well. One that is an Evangelical born again; one that is a questioning Catholic.

I don't hate any religion and think that those seeking their own path towards God are to be admired. I don't have to agree with their choice. I'm not God.

I have seen though where not defending your faith may get you.

16. Thanks FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    I'm Lutheran. We believe that the Pope's been talking out his ass for 500 years.
    I wish this had been along the line of your morning, Good Friday post.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I have respect for the pope. I have respect for him as the leader of the catholic church. I was raised as a catholic and still consider myself so, but am not strict about that or anything religion related. I do respect all religions except for Islam. I believe in the teachings of the bible.

But honestly, ever since I was a kid I looked at the pope as a regular man, entitled to his own views and opinions. And while I don't verbally go out there speaking anything in church or to others, I'll listen to the bible first and foremost. And with all the respect for the pope, some things won't be changed from what I have learned and been taught.

Then there will be another pope, with his own beliefs and views. It is what it is. And I will grant them all my respect and time, I just don't let them re-make the bible. But I don't hate anyone for a differing view. I just simply disagree, as I would with anyone else. For example, if the pope presses something like climate change, I shrug and move along. I don't see the pope as perfect, even when it comes to religion.

I don't think these things I disagree with the pope about, to be anything malicious. I think perhaps his heart is in the right place, but some things I can't go along with.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

19. Thanks Kathianne, FakeNewsSux, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie, Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Shockingly actions speak louder than words. You habitually write anti-Catholic missives, post anti-Catholic videos. You actually seem obsessed.

You will not find me writing anti-protestant anything, other than in response to the hateful, which includes yourself.

So, are you out of the closet? Many of your fellow protestants will not care, just look it up, even those on the 'right.'
    Please show me my "HABITUAL ANTI CATHOLIC MISSIVES"... I WANT TO SEE THEM. THEY SHOULD BE EVERYWHERE, FIND ONE.

For crying out loud. So I have a problem with the pope being a liberal, SO THE FUCK WHAT? Why does that TRIGGER you so bad? Aren't I allowed to have my own opinion of the man?

Sheeeezuz Kathy, you're blowing this WAAAAAY out of proportion.