Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default Boris Johnson taken to intensive care.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52192604
    Raab to deputise. I'm sure more news to come on it

2. Thanks Drummond, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52192604
    Raab to deputise. I'm sure more news to come on it
    Speculation (it is only that, at present) is that Boris has moved on to the pneumonia stage of the infection.

10 Downing Street, up to this point, has been very reluctant to give out details. They simply stated, some hours ago, that Boris's infection was 'persistent'. When asked if that meant his condition had worsened, they just repeated their statement.

Boris was moved to an intensive care unit at around 7pm (BST, of course).
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

4. Thanks Black Diamond, Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Speculation (it is only that, at present) is that Boris has moved on to the pneumonia stage of the infection.

10 Downing Street, up to this point, has been very reluctant to give out details. They simply stated, some hours ago, that Boris's infection was 'persistent'. When asked if that meant his condition had worsened, they just repeated their statement.

Boris was moved to an intensive care unit at around 7pm (BST, of course).
    My God. Prayers for your whole nation.

6. Thanks Kathianne, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I heard this morning on the news that he was "moved to a hospital simply as a precaution."

So reporting sure can vary.

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I heard this morning on the news that he was "moved to a hospital simply as a precaution."

So reporting sure can vary.
    His condition has worsened since then I think

10. Thanks Kathianne, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Surely hoping and praying he recovers.

12. Thanks Black Diamond, Kathianne, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Damn, I hope it's major precautionary measures for a leader. Definitely add in my prayers for the nation as a whole. I could only imagine the feeling and the unknown. And I sure hope like hell that no stories come out of folks wishing the worst for him, as we have seen here.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

14. Thanks Kathianne, Drummond, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Not worried, it's gonna be over like a miracle. Pump his veins with experimental drugs, "what do you have to lose?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Not worried, it's gonna be over like a miracle. Pump his veins with experimental drugs, "what do you have to lose?"
    This should be a sticky at the top of the board for all members to see and all guests. It's joke time! Pete doesn't agree with doctors reporting all the success rates, but runs on an opinion from someone not on the front line instead. We shouldn't listen to any of them.

And now on to joke time about the leader of the UK. Just laugh and prance about it and fuck with him with drugs I don't believe in.

You KNOW he's sitting back laughing about much of this. That is a FACT.

Pete joking around during this pandemic and being dismissive of others and doctors and then dismissing fucking with people because they dare offer prayers for folks - and more - well makes him a piece of shit in my opinion. And you know, not literally, not name calling, but someone who truly is the worst that we can imagine, someone who is on display and cannot even argue some of the most disgusting words and displays.

If anything, bad times is when folks find out who their friends are - and find out the true colors of others.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

17. Thanks Drummond, High_Plains_Drifter, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    This should be a sticky at the top of the board for all members to see and all guests. It's joke time! Pete doesn't agree with doctors reporting all the success rates, but runs on an opinion from someone not on the front line instead. We shouldn't listen to any of them.

And now on to joke time about the leader of the UK. Just laugh and prance about it and fuck with him with drugs I don't believe in.

Pete joking around during this pandemic and being dismissive of others and doctors and then dismissing fucking with people because they dare offer prayers for folks - and more - well makes him a piece of shit in my opinion. And you know, not literally, not name calling, but someone who truly is the worst that we can imagine, someone who is on display and cannot even argue some of the most disgusting words and displays.

If anything, bad times is when folks find out who their friends are - and find out the true colors of others.
    Trump said these things not in a joking manner and I repeat them not in a joking manner. You can't have it both ways. You either condemn us both, or not at all.
    Last edited by pete311; 04-06-2020 at 05:30 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Trump said these things not in a joking manner and I repeat them not in a joking manner. You can't have it both ways. You either condemn us both, or not at all.
    MAPA
    Make America Petey Again!

20. Thanks Drummond, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Let's have a link to where President Trump said of UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson...

"Not worried, it's gonna be over like a miracle. Pump his veins with experimental drugs, "what do you have to lose?"
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-06-2020 at 06:39 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

You have to understand two basic facts about those 'of a Leftist persuasion'. The first is that their dogma disengages their 'humanity' (or capacity for same) from seeing people as individuals. They come as close to adopting a 'hive mind' in their outlook as it's possible for non-insect lifeforms to achieve. 'The masses' .. how 'the masses' behave, how they can be controlled, is everything to a Leftie. Caring about individuals not immediately personally linked to one, is beyond them.

This makes the second fact all too easy for them. To Pete, Boris is an enemy ... an adversarial figure, not a part of his 'hive'. So, he has literally ZERO empathy for him, and it shows in the way he expresses how he thinks. Were Boris to approach death, Pete wouldn't be capable of having any measure of feeling about it of an empathic nature.

Pete's simply being true to what he is. That's the beginning and end of it.

He illustrates perfectly why NOT being a creature of the Left constitutes, of itself, a state of being inevitably superior to those so afflicted.

'Thank you', Pete, for proving what I already knew.

Also, ignore my next post. It'll be of no interest to you.

23. Thanks FakeNewsSux, Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    His condition has worsened since then I think
    Correct.

At the time he was moved to hospital, all he had was a persistently high temperature. He was being kept in for tests, to determine exactly why, and to determine how his illness would progress.

At this point, he was still well enough to work, and was still receiving Ministerial red boxes with Issues of State to work on.

Today (several hours later) his condition began to worsen. It continued to, throughout this afternoon, to the point where he was having trouble breathing.

The latest information we have is that he's been fed oxygen to help with that. He is NOT, as of now, ill enough to require a ventilator.

As you said .. Dominic Raab is now undertaking Boris's duties in his place.

The matter of succession isn't quite as clear-cut in British politics as it is in America .. officially speaking, 'Deputy Prime Minister' isn't an official title. Dominic Raab will have the task, in Cabinet meetings, of offering leadership .. but his will be more of a co-ordination role than of dictating direction. He'll basically mark time. Our policy direction on Coronavirus is already plotted in any case .. Dominic will run Cabinet meetings as much by 'consent' as through force of personality, backed by unassailable authority.

Assuming Boris recovers, he'll step back in when needed. Should the worst happen, Dominic will continue on until a new Leader of the Party is elected.

25. Thanks Kathianne, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Correct.

At the time he was moved to hospital, all he had was a persistently high temperature. He was being kept in for tests, to determine exactly why, and to determine how his illness would progress.

At this point, he was still well enough to work, and was still receiving Ministerial red boxes with Issues of State to work on.

Today (several hours later) his condition began to worsen. It continued to, throughout this afternoon, to the point where he was having trouble breathing.

The latest information we have is that he's been fed oxygen to help with that. He is NOT, as of now, ill enough to require a ventilator.

As you said .. Dominic Raab is now undertaking Boris's duties in his place.

The matter of succession isn't quite as clear-cut in British politics as it is in America .. officially speaking, 'Deputy Prime Minister' isn't an official title. Dominic Raab will have the task, in Cabinet meetings, of offering leadership .. but his will be more of a co-ordination role than of dictating direction. He'll basically mark time. Our policy direction on Coronavirus is already plotted in any case .. Dominic will run Cabinet meetings as much by 'consent' as through force of personality, backed by unassailable authority.

Assuming Boris recovers, he'll step back in when needed. Should the worst happen, Dominic will continue on until a new Leader of the Party is elected.
    It would be nice to hear that Boris has access to Hydroxychloroquine and Azith.

I hope the VA has gotten their hands on some, and I can have it if I ever get CV and it gets so bad I'm knocking on death's door.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-06-2020 at 08:02 PM.

27. Thanks Drummond thanked this post