One of my favorite drivers, Kyle Larsen #42, just blew up his career. I really thought he would be moving from Chip Gnassi Racing to Hendricks after Johnson retired, but now I think he blew it. Maybe Stewart-Haas will pick him up. Hope someone does because he's a really fun driver to watch.

He's young and made a stupid mistake. Her forgot the world could hear his light hearted banter and called his spotter the "n" word while live streaming their virtual racing and then it went viral. He was suspended by NASCAR but then sponsors like McDonalds pulled out so Gnassi terminated his contract ... was due to expire this year anyway.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Kyle Larson was fired Tuesday by Chip Ganassi Racing, completing a stunning downfall for the budding NASCAR star who uttered a racial slur during a live-streamed virtual race and then watched nearly every one of his sponsors drop him.
The 27-year-old Larson, in his seventh Cup season with Ganassi and considered the top free agent in NASCAR just three days ago, is now out of a job in what could ultimately be an eight-figure blunder.

......... During a check of his microphone, he asked his spotter, “You can’t hear me?” That was followed by the N-word. The slur was directed at his spotter, who is white.

He was suspended without pay by Ganassi early Monday, then suspended indefinitely by NASCAR and Larson, who is half Japanese, was ordered to complete sensitivity training.
But everything fell apart as primary sponsors McDonalds and Credit One Bank pulled their funding. Chevrolet suspended its relationship with Larson, and all but one commercial partner denounced Larson’s comment and indicated they were walking away.
Without funding on the No. 42 Chevrolet so long as Larson was in the car, the situation became untenable for Ganassi.
Larson’s famed sprint car career could also be in jeopardy: Kyle Larson Racing fields a Chevrolet in the World of Outlaws Series that is sponsored in part by Lucas Oil, a company that said it was indefinitely ending its partnership with Larson.
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...-racial-slur/#