Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Default NASCAR. Driver Kyle Larsen fired

One of my favorite drivers, Kyle Larsen #42, just blew up his career. I really thought he would be moving from Chip Gnassi Racing to Hendricks after Johnson retired, but now I think he blew it. Maybe Stewart-Haas will pick him up. Hope someone does because he's a really fun driver to watch.

He's young and made a stupid mistake. Her forgot the world could hear his light hearted banter and called his spotter the "n" word while live streaming their virtual racing and then it went viral. He was suspended by NASCAR but then sponsors like McDonalds pulled out so Gnassi terminated his contract ... was due to expire this year anyway.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Kyle Larson was fired Tuesday by Chip Ganassi Racing, completing a stunning downfall for the budding NASCAR star who uttered a racial slur during a live-streamed virtual race and then watched nearly every one of his sponsors drop him.
    The 27-year-old Larson, in his seventh Cup season with Ganassi and considered the top free agent in NASCAR just three days ago, is now out of a job in what could ultimately be an eight-figure blunder.

......... During a check of his microphone, he asked his spotter, “You can’t hear me?” That was followed by the N-word. The slur was directed at his spotter, who is white.

He was suspended without pay by Ganassi early Monday, then suspended indefinitely by NASCAR and Larson, who is half Japanese, was ordered to complete sensitivity training.
    But everything fell apart as primary sponsors McDonalds and Credit One Bank pulled their funding. Chevrolet suspended its relationship with Larson, and all but one commercial partner denounced Larson’s comment and indicated they were walking away.
    Without funding on the No. 42 Chevrolet so long as Larson was in the car, the situation became untenable for Ganassi.
    Larson’s famed sprint car career could also be in jeopardy: Kyle Larson Racing fields a Chevrolet in the World of Outlaws Series that is sponsored in part by Lucas Oil, a company that said it was indefinitely ending its partnership with Larson.
    https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...-racial-slur/#
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    One of my favorite drivers, Kyle Larsen #42, just blew up his career. I really thought he would be moving from Chip Gnassi Racing to Hendricks after Johnson retired, but now I think he blew it. Maybe Stewart-Haas will pick him up. Hope someone does because he's a really fun driver to watch.

He's young and made a stupid mistake. Her forgot the world could hear his light hearted banter and called his spotter the "n" word while live streaming their virtual racing and then it went viral. He was suspended by NASCAR but then sponsors like McDonalds pulled out so Gnassi terminated his contract ... was due to expire this year anyway.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...-racial-slur/#
    I do wish the time would return when people made mistakes, owned up to them, and got on with it.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I do wish the time would return when people made mistakes, owned up to them, and got on with it.
    Yep ... Kyle is Japanese and called his white spotter the n word and gets crucified. He did own up and apologize but social media shamed sponsors.

Apparently, only blacks can call other blacks the n word.

When I was a kid the n word didn't just refer to blacks. It was used for anyone at any time .. like saying "hey .. idiot". But over time it's taken on quite a persona.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Has made around 12 million dollars for himself thus far, and has only been around a few years and was starting to do better and better.

And then one moment of being and wham! Sponsors gone in a matter of 48 hours and then wham again from the owner of the team, and career over.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Yep ... Kyle is Japanese and called his white spotter the n word and gets crucified. He did own up and apologize but social media shamed sponsors.

Apparently, only blacks can call other blacks the n word.

When I was a kid the n word didn't just refer to blacks. It was used for anyone at any time .. like saying "hey .. idiot". But over time it's taken on quite a persona.
    I guess not much of a surprise, but I grew up in an area where no one used that word, outside of reading a book aloud. I imagine if we did, our mouths would have met soap. My brother's did when he used the F word. LOL!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I guess not much of a surprise, but I grew up in an area where no one used that word, outside of reading a book aloud. I imagine if we did, our mouths would have met soap. My brother's did when he used the F word. LOL!

My dad made me EAT a bar of soap once when he heard me cursing.

But not even gonna lie, growing up EVERYONE referred to the black paper you put on a house after the plywood goes up as nigger board, and if you mickey moused something, you nigger rigged it.

Oh and the little town we lived in had a sign up that said "niggers be out of town by dark" even up until after I graduated high school and that was 1989.

7. Likes SassyLady liked this post