I pose this in this subforum because I want some vet thoughts in light of the recent meltdown over Trump stating he had absolute authority. Is anyone really surprised by Trump making such a statement?

My take: Buzz word for the day: "Trump do something". Sounds a lot like the buzz word on 9/12 when it was "Bush do something". So, as I expect and am sure most vets expect, the man in charge steps up and takes charge and asserts his authority during a time of crisis. I expect NO LESS from the man who has been elected to lead the most powerful Nation in the World. THAT is what I EXPECT a leader to do.

Now we've all heard at some time or another different people in positions of authority claim omnipotence and we all knew just as well that person had to answer to someone. So why is it when Trump says it that it's "different"? Oh yeah. He's Trump

Fact is, if shit goes South and hits the fan he's going to take the ultimate blame. We have what is considered a major, Earth-wide crisis going on and some are alread blaming him and/or nit-picking his words. Further, they want to gin up their own versions of his powers as President and cherrypick the f- out of them. I thought we were fighting a virus, not re-fighting the Vietnam War?

"Here's your mission. The World is depending on you." Then ratfuck his gear and take away half the tools he has to accomplish the mission. That, in my professional opinion, not understanding command and control nor any facet of leadership. It's setting the man up to fail.

Some people need to figure out how to separate their bullshit political prejuduces from real-time survival.

I probably could have wordsmithed that a bit better but I am currently supervising field day for untrainable, incorrigible civilian brats at the same time. Thoughts?