Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default A Question

I pose this in this subforum because I want some vet thoughts in light of the recent meltdown over Trump stating he had absolute authority. Is anyone really surprised by Trump making such a statement?

My take: Buzz word for the day: "Trump do something". Sounds a lot like the buzz word on 9/12 when it was "Bush do something". So, as I expect and am sure most vets expect, the man in charge steps up and takes charge and asserts his authority during a time of crisis. I expect NO LESS from the man who has been elected to lead the most powerful Nation in the World. THAT is what I EXPECT a leader to do.

Now we've all heard at some time or another different people in positions of authority claim omnipotence and we all knew just as well that person had to answer to someone. So why is it when Trump says it that it's "different"? Oh yeah. He's Trump

Fact is, if shit goes South and hits the fan he's going to take the ultimate blame. We have what is considered a major, Earth-wide crisis going on and some are alread blaming him and/or nit-picking his words. Further, they want to gin up their own versions of his powers as President and cherrypick the f- out of them. I thought we were fighting a virus, not re-fighting the Vietnam War?

"Here's your mission. The World is depending on you." Then ratfuck his gear and take away half the tools he has to accomplish the mission. That, in my professional opinion, not understanding command and control nor any facet of leadership. It's setting the man up to fail.

Some people need to figure out how to separate their bullshit political prejuduces from real-time survival.

I probably could have wordsmithed that a bit better but I am currently supervising field day for untrainable, incorrigible civilian brats at the same time. Thoughts?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Evmetro liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Some people need to figure out we need to do something and get off the toilet with their constant Diarrhea garbage with no real results....Doing what we have been doing (nothing & staying home..losing jobs and companies that provide those jobs is certain death to our country....and the people in it.

Doing something with good advisors is better than doing Nothing and listening to Liberals on TV saying stay home give us more money..."we have abortion clinics and museums to keep up".

I would put my trust in TRUMP & company over biden..obama...hillary and the rest of the Failed Democrat roaches...

People will continue to die of car accidents...Flu...corona virus and shootings...etc...etc...

As you already know...Just my opinion Gunny...
    Last edited by LongTermGuy; 04-18-2020 at 04:33 PM.

4. Thanks Gunny, NightTrain, icansayit, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    Some people need to figure out we need to do something and get off the toilet with their constant Diarrhea garbage with no real results....Doing what we have been doing (nothing & staying home..losing jobs and companies that provide those jobs is certain death to our country....and the people in it.

Doing something with good advisors is better than doing Nothing and listening to Liberals on TV saying stay home give us more money..."we have abortion clinics and museums to keep up".

I would put my trust in TRUMP & company over biden..obama...hillary and the rest of the Failed Democrat roaches...

People will continue to die of car accidents...Flu...corona virus and shootings...etc...etc...

As you already know...Just my opinion Gunny...
    I get what you are saying. What I am leaning toward though is how can you demand a person "save the world", then cherrypick how he does it? If Lincoln and FDR have ultimate power until the crisis is over, why is it because the President's name is "Trump" is it suddenly unconstitutional?

Call me a jarhead, but I expect the CinC to step up and take charge. That's what he's supposed to do. Yet this caused a lot of drama. I'm f-ing drama'd out with this whole bag of sh*t virus crap to begin with. The only thing anyone knows for sure is there's a f-ing virus and it can kill. Everything else is pretty much throwing sh*t against the wall to see if it sticks. And the fact the MSM has everybody's eyeballs of the Dems and itself and their total fail impeachment following their total fail Russian collusion.

Be that as it may, I was just curious as to what people who actually have been part of and/or understand "chain of command" and 'National emergency" thought.

Obama and Clinton would be telling us to go home, nothing is wrong while they figured out which Republican to blame it on.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks icansayit, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Trump knows this was going to be a monumental task to handle. Facing a trashed economy only getting worse. Facing many American deaths, growing, but hopefully will slow down soon. And same with the economy, it should end the purge when folks slowly start working again. And where things all go from there, no one knows just yet.

But Trump knew he was faced with the shitty end no matter what, and no matter what he must take command and lead.

I think he wanted to portray a face of utmost confidence that they have a grasp on things. Give Americans confidence in the face of many deaths.

And spoke of himself having absolute authority. Whether a mistake between the national emergency and other enabled acts, or just the face of the entire thing or whatever. How much he believed and how much he only wanted to portray or how much he only wanted to brag, it was clarified with a line-up going forward showing the governors having that power and he would work alongside them - within 24hrs. How it all played out behind the scenes and how much he was corrected and how much he may have then portrayed that correction with the governors, not sure.

Not sure I give a shit either. Like I said, I know how the powers work and who has what. Even if... it wasn't gonna happen. But further, I didn't believe he would try that anyway, and he didn't.

If anything, his biggest mistake over the past few months have been portraying TOO much confidence at times, IMO. Or stating or wanting to open up too quickly.... But I do agree with him now on some areas opening, but there has got to be some level or form of control, to prevent outgoing and incoming issues when you reopen.

Trump was going to be blamed for blocking China and European flights and condemned, and he was. He was going to be condemned for anything considered "too early" and he was. And then we knew he would later be condemned for not closing flights with all of the above early enough, and he was. And then he was racist for anything Chinese or Wuhan virus, even though they said it thousands of times. They did a complete 180 in the blame dept with Trump.

And he knows he is going to take a beating on this, from the virus, to the amount of deaths & of course to the massive economic losses. No matter the reason.

And yep, it's his job to do all of this. To decide to close up flights, to close up the economy and when, when to reopen, to get out help to so many, to speak to America and portray that confidence. And all at the same time in the face of a press corp that is attacking, assaulting & condemning and working against him like no political person ever before.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Gunny. Art 2 Section 3 of the Constitution is all we need.

https://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A2Sec3.html

U.S. Constitution - Article 2 Section 3
    Article 2 - The Executive Branch
    Section 3 - State of the Union, Convening Congress
    <<Back | Table of Contents | Next>>

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

He may have spoken too much about his powers. But in this case. No question. Constitutional!
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

9. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, LongTermGuy, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I pose this in this subforum because I want some vet thoughts in light of the recent meltdown over Trump stating he had absolute authority. Is anyone really surprised by Trump making such a statement?

My take: Buzz word for the day: "Trump do something". Sounds a lot like the buzz word on 9/12 when it was "Bush do something". So, as I expect and am sure most vets expect, the man in charge steps up and takes charge and asserts his authority during a time of crisis. I expect NO LESS from the man who has been elected to lead the most powerful Nation in the World. THAT is what I EXPECT a leader to do.

Now we've all heard at some time or another different people in positions of authority claim omnipotence and we all knew just as well that person had to answer to someone. So why is it when Trump says it that it's "different"? Oh yeah. He's Trump

Fact is, if shit goes South and hits the fan he's going to take the ultimate blame. We have what is considered a major, Earth-wide crisis going on and some are alread blaming him and/or nit-picking his words. Further, they want to gin up their own versions of his powers as President and cherrypick the f- out of them. I thought we were fighting a virus, not re-fighting the Vietnam War?

"Here's your mission. The World is depending on you." Then ratfuck his gear and take away half the tools he has to accomplish the mission. That, in my professional opinion, not understanding command and control nor any facet of leadership. It's setting the man up to fail.

Some people need to figure out how to separate their bullshit political prejuduces from real-time survival.

I probably could have wordsmithed that a bit better but I am currently supervising field day for untrainable, incorrigible civilian brats at the same time. Thoughts?
    One must keep in mind, no matter which way Trump steers the ship, by them it is 100% wrong.
    They operate on the faithful standard dem/lib/leftist principle- never let a --GOOD-- crisis go to waste!
    They are no more than human vultures ever ready for feasts. More often than not, feasts of their own making -if they can get by with it.
    Vermin is the proper classification for what they are in my opinion.
    I see that Trump already understands this sad and tragic truth about these people and his attitude is FKK- THEM..
    To which I myself so truly and wholeheartedly agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!-Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 04-19-2020 at 02:27 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

11. Likes LongTermGuy, icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    https://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A2Sec3.html

U.S. Constitution - Article 2 Section 3
    Article 2 - The Executive Branch
    Section 3 - State of the Union, Convening Congress
    <<Back | Table of Contents | Next>>

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

He may have spoken too much about his powers. But in this case. No question. Constitutional!
    Exactly. Further, the US Civil War decided who had precedence where state vs fed is involved and it is represented in almost every facet of our lives.

I am big on State's Rights/10th Amendment and government at the lowest level. Insofar as this discussion is concerned however, in the context of a National emergency the Chief Executive/CinC IS the final authority between himself and State Governors.

In the end, the whole issue was nothing as the President was wise enough to leave it to the States. Bad enough our governors don't know their asses from a hole in ground without some suits in DC deciding what is right for us "here".

13. Thanks icansayit, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes icansayit, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    One must keep in mind, no matter which way Trump steers the ship, by them it is 100% wrong.
    They operate on the faithful standard dem/lib/leftist principle- never let a --GOOD-- crisis go to waste!
    They are no more than human vultures ever ready for feasts. More often than not, feasts of their own making -if they can get by with it.
    I see that Trump already understands this sad and tragic truth about these people and his attitude is FKK- THEM..
    To which I myself so truly and wholeheartedly agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!-Tyr
    At this point I really don't know what to say about the left and/or the Trump haters that are blinded by it. They would rather destroy a Nation than work with the powers that be to get the mission accomplished. That is not only stupid, it's suicidal.

I'm still not his biggest fan as far as Trump the man is concerned, but some of the BS about and against him is just out there in fruit loop land.

15. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    This. I am a vet, and this sounds spot on. Trump does in fact say some weird shit sometimes, but I never get caught up with any of it like the lefty media does. None of the weird things he says are worth worrying about if you understand the full context of what he is trying to say. As a vet, I appreciate Trump's ability to be a leader, and am glad he is running the show.

17. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Exactly. Further, the US Civil War decided who had precedence where state vs fed is involved and it is represented in almost every facet of our lives.

I am big on State's Rights/10th Amendment and government at the lowest level. Insofar as this discussion is concerned however, in the context of a National emergency the Chief Executive/CinC IS the final authority between himself and State Governors.

In the end, the whole issue was nothing as the President was wise enough to leave it to the States. Bad enough our governors don't know their asses from a hole in ground without some suits in DC deciding what is right for us "here".
    Exactly... those shitty little wise ass leftist fake news shit stains sit there day after day after day, badgering the hell otta the guy with their dumbass GOTCHA questions, disrespectful interruptions and petulant conduct, and Trump isn't superman. Whether he shows it or not I do think he probably gets FED UP with it and gets a little TICKED OFF at times. So yes, he might blurt out something from time to time that might not be accurate, like what he said that sparked off this controversy. So what happens? Well, after he leaves the room one of his aides or advisors kindly clues him in that what he said was incorrect, and the next time he spoke to the issue he walked it back and got it right.

No other president in HISTORY has taken more SHIT from the democrat propaganda wing than Trump. They're disrespectful and just TRASH him with LIES, hyperbole, misquotes and exaggerations, EVERY, CHANCE, THEY GET, non stop, 24/7. I actually do feel sorry for him, because he does NOT, DESERVE IT.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-21-2020 at 07:19 AM.

19. Thanks icansayit, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Evmetro liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    This. I am a vet, and this sounds spot on. Trump does in fact say some weird shit sometimes, but I never get caught up with any of it like the lefty media does. None of the weird things he says are worth worrying about if you understand the full context of what he is trying to say. As a vet, I appreciate Trump's ability to be a leader, and am glad he is running the show.
    As far as what Trump says goes, that's about right. I quit listening to what he says to the media/left and watch what he does.

Yes, I will along with the best when he says some of the screwy crap he does. I have noticed though that what he says to troll the left/media or just off the cuff "better left unsaid" stuff usually has little to do with the issue and/or his actual solution.

I also agree with him stepping up and taking charge which goes to one of my original points. That is what I expect a commander to do. I also expect nimrods to give him the chance to prove he can lead once he says he's got the ball. In this case, the left/MSM/Trump haters were all over his ass for an off the cuff comment that had no bearing on the actual action he took.

21. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post