Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Chi Com coronavirus T shirt

I just bought the Coronavirus T shirt off the https://thelibertydaily.com/ website. It cost me 20 bucks plus 5 shipping. Couldn't help myself...

It says "coronavirus" in big red letters, and then "made in communist china" in white letters.

2. Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    I just bought the Coronavirus T shirt off the https://thelibertydaily.com/ website. It cost me 20 bucks plus 5 shipping. Couldn't help myself...

It says "coronavirus" in big red letters, and then "made in communist china" in white letters.
    Never seen that website before... I bookmarked it... the conservative drudge.

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Evmetro liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Yea, I went to drudge 3 times a day for 20 years until the site went commie. I have about 6 months now of visiting the liberty daily 3 times a day. TLD was a seamless switch for me, it's like nothing ever changed other than the url. TLD is even better than Drudge ever was.

6. Thanks FakeNewsSux, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I bought the t shirt with Reagan on it from TLD for the same price a couple months ago. Good quality t shirt, but I was not impressed with the quality of the graphics. I get lots of thumbs up and good comments about it though. I'll give a review of the coronavirus t shirt when it arrives. The site said it may be a slow ship, we shall see.

8. Thanks Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Visited that site after you mentioned it. Some of the headlines are extremely biased in their language for a news source. Yes, it's just links to same stories as everywhere else but some ugly wording for headlines.

Not my cup of tea.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Visited that site after you mentioned it. Some of the headlines are extremely biased in their language for a news source. Yes, it's just links to same stories as everywhere else but some ugly wording for headlines.

Not my cup of tea.
    Indeed, TLD is a right leaning site. I like how they use extremely accurate terms like "chi com virus", instead of choosing politically correct terms that lefties need to hear. Seeing the straight truth in the headlines like that is a breath of fresh air these days.

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Not my cup of tea.
    I have an unusually broad appetite for news, propaganda, and media, that covers everything between fringe right and fringe left. The reason for this is I am objectively searching for the truth, which is something I don't think can be found. I gladly search lefty media like daily kos, vox, cnn,or MSNBC, and I search way far right stuff like rumor mill and youtube wingnuts. I dont trust any of it, but I use ALL of it in my attempts to triangulate the " most likely" truth. I have found that some of the best sources of information comes from media that is "not my cup of tea" as you described, and that I am more likely to swallow the hook when I am consuming media that aligns with my ideology bias or is "my cup of tea." I cannot begin to imagine how somebody would decline to consume media because it doesn't sound nice. If you are not careful, you can become a lefty. Limiting media to what you like to hear creates lefties.

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I have an unusually broad appetite for news, propaganda, and media, that covers everything between fringe right and fringe left. The reason for this is I am objectively searching for the truth, which is something I don't think can be found. I gladly search lefty media like daily kos, vox, cnn,or MSNBC, and I search way far right stuff like rumor mill and youtube wingnuts. I dont trust any of it, but I use ALL of it in my attempts to triangulate the " most likely" truth. I have found that some of the best sources of information comes from media that is "not my cup of tea" as you described, and that I am more likely to swallow the hook when I am consuming media that aligns with my ideology bias or is "my cup of tea." I cannot begin to imagine how somebody would decline to consume media because it doesn't sound nice. If you are not careful, you can become a lefty. Limiting media to what you like to hear creates lefties.
    I read the same stories that the site linked to without wading through disgusting extremist language headlines. Referring to the virus as chi com virus isn't needed to introduce a news link .....unless, of course, that type of language excites one enough to follow the link.

AllSides is a great place to see same info presented from three different aspects .... right, middle and left. Read the headlines for each story and you can see such obvious bias.

As for forcing myself to read extremely biased info to get to the truth ... not necessary. Discernment is great tool. That little tool is telling me that your website is not something I need to add to my info sources to get the truth of the matter.

AllSides
    https://www.allsides.com/unbiased-balanced-news
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. Thanks Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

@Evmetro

Do you use this site?

https://renewedright.com/news/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I'm pondering this. Black t-shirts in S Texas aren't exactly the wway one wants to go during summer, but I'm thinking about making an exception.

Hell, maybe I can piss someone off
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

18. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I read the same stories that the site linked to without wading through disgusting extremist language headlines. Referring to the virus as chi com virus isn't needed to introduce a news link .....unless, of course, that type of language excites one enough to follow the link.

AllSides is a great place to see same info presented from three different aspects .... right, middle and left. Read the headlines for each story and you can see such obvious bias.

As for forcing myself to read extremely biased info to get to the truth ... not necessary. Discernment is great tool. That little tool is telling me that your website is not something I need to add to my info sources to get the truth of the matter.

AllSides
    https://www.allsides.com/unbiased-balanced-news
    "Wading through disgusting extremist language" is critical if an objective evaluation of the political landscape is the goal, since it makes up a percentage of the entire media spectrum. Rejecting and consciously ignoring ANY portion of the broad media spectrum creates self imposed ignorance. The AllSides sight that you provided is a neutered compilation of media meant for those who have a subjective agenda of having their news served up in nice politically correct headlines, or those who are still caught up in sorting bias, but I welcome it. They are attempting to cover more of the media and bias spectrum than other media sources do, but their single lens is not wide enough to cover much more than the msm and maybe Fox. I welcome AllSides since it is yet another source of news, propaganda, and media that I can use to search for the elusive truth. I do not trust the TLD site that I enjoy so much, and I do not trust your site, but I rely upon each of them to provide their separate and unique percentages of the broad spectrum.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'm pondering this. Black t-shirts in S Texas aren't exactly the wway one wants to go during summer, but I'm thinking about making an exception.

Hell, maybe I can piss someone off
    I'll provide a review when I get mine. I'm anxious to wear the Chi Com message around town...

I wear political t shirts often, and the one that gets the most attention is the one that says: "Is that true, or did you hear that on CNN?" Maga attire gets a few thumbs up and a few scouls, but lots of people seem to relate to and laugh about the CNN one.

21. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

As for forcing myself to read extremely biased info to get to the truth ... not necessary. Discernment is great tool.
    I isolated this from the rest of your post, since it doesn't add up to me. Discernment refers to an ability to obtain sharp perceptions, or an ability to judge very well. Perhaps your discernment tool that is based upon lots of life experience can give you a remarkable ability to judge or perceive in the absence of sufficient information, but this tool is more useful if you have more information. If you refuse to sort through what you perceive as extremely biased information (most media sources are) to find the the truth, I dont think your discernment tool will do as much for you as you think. The more info you have, the sharper your perception and judgement. The part of your post that I isolated here sounds more like a garden variety lefty, and I think there is more to you than that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I isolated this from the rest of your post, since it doesn't add up to me. Discernment refers to an ability to obtain sharp perceptions, or an ability to judge very well. Perhaps your discernment tool that is based upon lots of life experience can give you a remarkable ability to judge or perceive in the absence of sufficient information, but this tool is more useful if you have more information. If you refuse to sort through what you perceive as extremely biased information (most media sources are) to find the the truth, I dont think your discernment tool will do as much for you as you think. The more info you have, the sharper your perception and judgement. The part of your post that I isolated here sounds more like a garden variety lefty, and I think there is more to you than that.
    Not a garden variety leftie ... You don't know me well enough to make that type of judgement. And you won't until you read everything I've posted so that you can actually discern what type of person I am. And, according to your stated philosophy, you need to use multiple sources to determine what is true. DP will be your only source so you will never have enough info to make that determination.

I just don't choose to inundate myself with extremist views....don't feel it's necessary in order to determine what is true. There are plenty of news sources that present news without sensationalized extremist headlines. I don't avoid opposing views about an issue ... I just choose those that are less biased in their headlines.

24. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Just took a look at that link. Looks interesting. I've bookmarked it too, Evmetro. Many thanks.
    Last edited by Drummond; 04-26-2020 at 07:57 AM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!