Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Political censorship

I'm probably a bit of an oddball, since I tend to drift from one political board to another. Each site is pretty unique and each one has its ups and downs. I often think about this site, since it had a lot of conservatives and patriots who I perceive as being further left than myself. Not lefties, just not as far right as me. People who I respect and admire.

My main topic on most sites is censorship, and I remain engaged in censorship battles wherever I go. I am typically the most censored member of political sites, and have been banned from a few long before I found this place. I don't mind it much, since the censorship that I experience gives me material that i happen to enjoy writing about.

This site is often in the back of my mind, since I discovered a year or two back that there in no politically motivated censorship here. When I got into a political disputes with the admins and senior members here it was ugly. I kept waiting to get punished with censorship, but it never happened. It's a pretty cool thing to have this little island of free speech in the ocean of political censorship that defines the current political landscape, but of course that means there is no censorship battle for me to fight here.

Anyway, I like this site, and I like the folks here. Even the lefties. I'm gone from here most of the time because I like fighting the censorship fight, which means I'm gone from this site for long periods because of why I like it...
    Last edited by Evmetro; 12-20-2022 at 03:55 AM.

2. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    I'm probably a bit of an oddball, since I tend to drift from one political board to another. Each site is pretty unique and each one has its ups and downs. I often think about this site, since it had a lot of conservatives and patriots who I perceive as being further left than myself. Not lefties, just not as far right as me. People who I respect and admire.

My main topic on most sites is censorship, and I remain engaged in censorship battles wherever I go. I am typically the most censored member of political sites, and have been banned from a few long before I found this place. I don't mind it much, since the censorship that I experience gives me material that i happen to enjoy writing about.

This site is often in the back of my mind, since I discovered a year or two back that there in no politically motivated censorship here. When I got into a political disputes with the admins and senior members here it was ugly. I kept waiting to get punished with censorship, but it never happened. It's a pretty cool thing to have this little island of free speech in the ocean of political censorship that defines the current political landscape, but of course that means there is no censorship battle for me to fight here.

Anyway, I like this site, and I like the folks here. Even the lefties. I'm gone from here most of the time because I like fighting the censorship fight, which means I'm gone from this site for long periods because of why I like it...
    Not helping much HERE

Once upon a time ... the first boards I posted on were lefty Hells. I didn't do the "censorship battle" you speak of. I was geared up for ANY battle. My goal was to win by fact, logic and common sense, making sure I didn't give them an excuse to "censor" (ban) me. They would be determined to get under my skin and I was equally determined not to show one sign that they did. They couldn't see the 120 lb heavy bag in my garage

It got old. Especially when you realize they aren't listening and the mindless trolls took over. The current state of affairs on social media is all the proof required that these morons don't give a damn about censoring opposition and think themselves perfectly justified in doing so. When the puppet in the WH, his admin and the MSM are continually telling them they are right, you're not going to prove them wrong.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks fj1200 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Not helping much HERE

Once upon a time ... the first boards I posted on were lefty Hells. I didn't do the "censorship battle" you speak of. I was geared up for ANY battle. My goal was to win by fact, logic and common sense, making sure I didn't give them an excuse to "censor" (ban) me. They would be determined to get under my skin and I was equally determined not to show one sign that they did. They couldn't see the 120 lb heavy bag in my garage

It got old. Especially when you realize they aren't listening and the mindless trolls took over. The current state of affairs on social media is all the proof required that these morons don't give a damn about censoring opposition and think themselves perfectly justified in doing so. When the puppet in the WH, his admin and the MSM are continually telling them they are right, you're not going to prove them wrong.
    I can see that you have experience with the mindless lefty trolls and the censorship. Most folks don't get the same pleasure as I do fighting the censorship fight. As for the not giving them an excuse thing, I've identified a strategy where content gets redefined to make it break rules to justify the censorship. Kinda like a cop following somebody around for a few hours, looking for a violation. At this point, any new angle of censorship to hit me on various political sites is welcomed, since I enjoy writing about it.

This site is mostly adults and a few lefties, so I enjoy a break from the battle when I stop in here. I only see one mindless lefty troll from this site out there on other sites defending censorship, which is remarkable.