Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    So because it costs money to recycle it's BS?? Using things over makes sense to me. It costs me money to wash my clothes does that mean I should just go out and buy more instead?? It costs me time and money to wash my dishes, I'll just start chucking them also.

I take all my cans to the recycle plant myself instead of setting them out at the curb. I brought home $35, last time I did this, which went into my kids account. It does not bother me to pay for the recycle truck since I know my paper products are being used again for something else.

People complain about using links to FOX and you pull out Penn and Teller
    So, ten minutes after the video is posted, a twenty nine minute video mind you, you have passed judgement as to it's content and what the message is? Without watching two thirds of the episode you have done this. Interesting. Interesting that you missed the part where they tell us that the recycling of aluminum is the only program that works both financially as well as for the environment. I can only surmise that you also missed the part where they told us that the recycling of paper creates more pollution and waste than it saves, or the fact that overall recycling programs are a waste of time. Did you also miss the part where they visit the Whittier landfill? There they have a system for capturing the methane gas created from decomposition and convert it into enough energy to power several thousand homes each year.

And just for the record, P&T are far more reliable than FoxNews, P&T have no agenda. Just saying.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let's get to banning dihydrogen monoxide:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yi3erdgVVTw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yi3erdgVVTw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    So, ten minutes after the video is posted, a twenty nine minute video mind you, you have passed judgement as to it's content and what the message is? Without watching two thirds of the episode you have done this. Interesting. Interesting that you missed the part where they tell us that the recycling of aluminum is the only program that works both financially as well as for the environment. I can only surmise that you also missed the part where they told us that the recycling of paper creates more pollution and waste than it saves, or the fact that overall recycling programs are a waste of time. Did you also miss the part where they visit the Whittier landfill? There they have a system for capturing the methane gas created from decomposition and convert it into enough energy to power several thousand homes each year.
    What you've never heard of fast forward?? Aluminum recycling works, so it isn't BS..one statement you and angel heart have wrong....according to your own source.

Recycling programs may take time and money but they...pay attention now....use things more than once, which is a good thing.

I already knew about methane gas at land fills, fast forwarded that part since I already am aware of it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    I know the in-house libs of dp won't like to see this, but 500 scientists have countered Al Bore on "Man-made" global warming:

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...e,176495.shtml
    "The names were compiled by Avery and climate physicist S. Fred Singer,..."

Fred Singer? The Fred Singer? The one the cigarette companies hired in the early 90's to discredit sound science? The same one whose research is funded by Exxon ?

Yeah, that's hilarious! Sure, this guys real credible! LOL

And Avery doesn't even have a degree in science.
    Last edited by SpidermanTUba; 10-09-2007 at 10:43 PM.