Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
So because it costs money to recycle it's BS?? Using things over makes sense to me. It costs me money to wash my clothes does that mean I should just go out and buy more instead?? It costs me time and money to wash my dishes, I'll just start chucking them also.

I take all my cans to the recycle plant myself instead of setting them out at the curb. I brought home $35, last time I did this, which went into my kids account. It does not bother me to pay for the recycle truck since I know my paper products are being used again for something else.

People complain about using links to FOX and you pull out Penn and Teller
So, ten minutes after the video is posted, a twenty nine minute video mind you, you have passed judgement as to it's content and what the message is? Without watching two thirds of the episode you have done this. Interesting. Interesting that you missed the part where they tell us that the recycling of aluminum is the only program that works both financially as well as for the environment. I can only surmise that you also missed the part where they told us that the recycling of paper creates more pollution and waste than it saves, or the fact that overall recycling programs are a waste of time. Did you also miss the part where they visit the Whittier landfill? There they have a system for capturing the methane gas created from decomposition and convert it into enough energy to power several thousand homes each year.

And just for the record, P&T are far more reliable than FoxNews, P&T have no agenda. Just saying.