Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know this won't make any difference to the inhouse deniers, but the world outside the us is making tracks to change, or at least try to, the warming trend. So what does that say to you guys?
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    I know this won't make any difference to the inhouse deniers, but the world outside the us is making tracks to change, or at least try to, the warming trend. So what does that say to you guys?
    So far no one has denied global warming is taking place, at least on this thread.

The argument is whether WE are causing it or if it is just a normal cycle that the earth is going through.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    So far no one has denied global warming is taking place, at least on this thread.

The argument is whether WE are causing it or if it is just a normal cycle that the earth is going through.
    And obviously it's never occurred to most of you that it could be both.
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

someone dared defy god (al gore)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    I know the in-house libs of dp won't like to see this, but 500 scientists have countered Al Bore on "Man-made" global warming:

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...e,176495.shtml

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by typomaniac View Post
    And obviously it's never occurred to most of you that it could be both.
    I can't admit that as then where would the argument be?
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    I know the in-house libs of dp won't like to see this, but 500 scientists have countered Al Bore on "Man-made" global warming:

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...e,176495.shtml
    The only thing these scientists seem to be saying is that it's possible the current warming trend is part of a natural-cycle, since the earth has gone through warming periods in the past; and/or that the contemporary trend is linked to variations in sun's heat.

These are counter-possibilities, not counter-evidence to the prevailing theories; in fact, there's nothing really "counter" about them, since a natural-cycle could be converging with increased industrial emissions, "and/or" the sun's heat is increasing due to the greenhouse effect -- the classic explanation, after all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The only thing predictable about Mother Earth...

Is it is totally........Unpredictable...

I'm going along with it for the free ride it has given me...
    I've been so far ahead of the Gores and those squible little light bulbs and Barbara Straitened telling me to conserve as she lives out of one of her four homes.........
    , and the one piece of toilet paper of the Cherry Crows........ in my preservation of my earth.........It is funny...
    '

You fools go on, and try and predict her nature and moods......

I'll have enjoyed her wonderful pleasure...while you fools suffer over whether she will survive your dumb asses using her...

When she decides to blow your asses off of her........so long.....
    she will be laughing all the way about you humans, thinking you all can stop.......Mother Earth.........

P. T. Barnbarn....was right.......
    Last edited by stephanie; 09-29-2007 at 04:02 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheyLive View Post
    The only thing these scientists seem to be saying is that it's possible the current warming trend is part of a natural-cycle, since the earth has gone through warming periods in the past; and/or that the contemporary trend is linked to variations in sun's heat.

These are counter-possibilities, not counter-evidence to the prevailing theories; in fact, there's nothing really "counter" about them, since a natural-cycle could be converging with increased industrial emissions, "and/or" the sun's heat is increasing due to the greenhouse effect -- the classic explanation, after all.
    At least you admit, no one has the "answer." And btw, your "counters" are messed up. You argue against your point. If it is "I don't know" fine. But, that is not "evidence" and it is not "counter."

Fact is, you don't know, I don't know, no one knows.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    At least you admit, no one has the "answer." And btw, your "counters" are messed up. You argue against your point. If it is "I don't know" fine. But, that is not "evidence" and it is not "counter."

Fact is, you don't know, I don't know, no one knows.
    Sure, no one knows for certain, but that doesn't lessen the importance of modifying our behavior, which, even if it is not jeopardizing life on the planet, is extremely wasteful compared with sustainable alternatives.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Sure, no one knows for certain, but that doesn't lessen the importance of modifying our behavior, which, even if it is not jeopardizing life on the planet, is extremely wasteful compared with sustainable alternatives.
    Yes recycling our garbage makes a lot of sense, in fact my family takes this seriously. For to long people just threw things away with no thought of where it went.

Al Gore is trying to scare people into thinking WE are the only problem. When he has no idea if that is true. The earth has gone through many cycles before and well continue to do so, it's called nature.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

actually, its foolish to modify our behavior with no reason to know that changing behavior is necessary or will bring about good and desired results.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes recycling our garbage makes a lot of sense, in fact my family takes this seriously. For to long people just threw things away with no thought of where it went.

Al Gore is trying to scare people into thinking WE are the only problem. When he has no idea if that is true. The earth has gone through many cycles before and well continue to do so, it's called nature.
    I think recycling is over all a bunch of BS....

Here this will explain what I mean very well:

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-1444391672891013193&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

Penn & Teller Bullshit ~ Recycling

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    actually, its foolish to modify our behavior with no reason to know that changing behavior is necessary or will bring about good and desired results.
    We already know that recycling brings about good results. I hope more people are encouraged to do this since it saves space in our land fills.

Growing up it was perfectly acceptable to throw trash out the window, and the road side was a mess. People stopped doing that, now we have nice clean streets. Modified behavior which leads to a good result.

Personnally I think people have had an affect on the planet, how can we not since there are so many of us. I do not however, think we brought about global warming. I think it is a normal cycle that the earth is going through.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Heart View Post
    I think recycling is over all a bunch of BS....

Here this will explain what I mean very well:

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-1444391672891013193&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

Penn & Teller Bullshit ~ Recycling
    So because it costs money to recycle it's BS?? Using things over makes sense to me. It costs me money to wash my clothes does that mean I should just go out and buy more instead?? It costs me time and money to wash my dishes, I'll just start chucking them also.

I take all my cans to the recycle plant myself instead of setting them out at the curb. I brought home $35, last time I did this, which went into my kids account. It does not bother me to pay for the recycle truck since I know my paper products are being used again for something else.

People complain about using links to FOX and you pull out Penn and Teller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

geesh..Trigg and her hippy recycling

yah we may be going through a cycle and yah we may be causing some of it. but we are trying to change. but you can't change like how you flip a light off and on. if you really wanna yell at someone look to china and shit. when we pump out like they do then we can worry. atleast we have some sort of regulations
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759