Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Yesterday

I mentioned it in the mothers day thread but then deleted it before posting. I didn't want to draw attention to me in any way at all on that day, it's not about me, about all you wonderful Mom's out there that we men KNOW are our betters in so many ways. <---- I'll deny that starting tomorrow, and even if you quote this a year from now I'll swear NT edited my post to say it!! Bit tis true.

At any rate, all I could do all day yesterday was think of Mom and be sad about it all day. I felt sad in the previous mothers day since she passed, but yesterday was worse for some reason. I wanted to hop in the truck and head to the cemetery in NJ but the timing is bad and other personal reasons. Then of course the guilt sets in last night for not going.

The priest at the funeral and then burial explained it to me/us as the burial place being for US, for our own sadness and needs, but that Mom has went to heaven and really isn't even there. And that if I want to sit and address her and what not, that I could do so in prayer or whatever from anywhere, that it need not be at her headstone.

And not to mention the preacher that Jon spoke with, who I think said it quite nicely:

I went to see the preacher to teach me how to pray
    He looked at me and smiled
    Then that preacher turned away
    He said if you want to tell him something
    You ain't gotta fold your hands
    Say it with your heart, your soul and believe it
    And I'd say amen
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I mentioned it in the mothers day thread but then deleted it before posting. I didn't want to draw attention to me in any way at all on that day, it's not about me, about all you wonderful Mom's out there that we men KNOW are our betters in so many ways. <---- I'll deny that starting tomorrow, and even if you quote this a year from now I'll swear NT edited my post to say it!! Bit tis true.

At any rate, all I could do all day yesterday was think of Mom and be sad about it all day. I felt sad in the previous mothers day since she passed, but yesterday was worse for some reason. I wanted to hop in the truck and head to the cemetery in NJ but the timing is bad and other personal reasons. Then of course the guilt sets in last night for not going.

The priest at the funeral and then burial explained it to me/us as the burial place being for US, for our own sadness and needs, but that Mom has went to heaven and really isn't even there. And that if I want to sit and address her and what not, that I could do so in prayer or whatever from anywhere, that it need not be at her headstone.

And not to mention the preacher that Jon spoke with, who I think said it quite nicely:
    I dread the day I don't have my mother on mothers' day. I mean eventually it happens to all of us, but .................. Feel better bro.

4. Thanks jimnyc, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, LongTermGuy, Abbey Marie liked this post