Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Question for anyone. I have concealed carry permit, I carry gun everywhere, and if I choose to protest outside a facility does that make me a part of militia?
    I don't have an issue with conceal carry or guns in general. What is apparent though, some folks carry guns to make their points, that is not cool. Carrying rifles to a gathering that is to petition for opening up, with some members talking 'big' i.e., threatening words, is not cool. Not only for how the optics are, but there are some folks in any gathering that one does not know and does not necessarily even agree with, besides 'open up the economy, stop with the power grabs.'

I know you, you are not threatening, you are confident, and you are in control. Would you say the same of everyone at any meeting?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, Black Diamond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I don't have an issue with conceal carry or guns in general. What is apparent though, some folks carry guns to make their points, that is not cool. Carrying rifles to a gathering that is to petition for opening up, with some members talking 'big' i.e., threatening words, is not cool. Not only for how the optics are, but there are some folks in any gathering that one does not know and does not necessarily even agree with, besides 'open up the economy, stop with the power grabs.'

I know you, you are not threatening, you are confident, and you are in control. Would you say the same of everyone at any meeting?

Agreed. People who open carry are usually doing so just to be obnoxious assholes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post

Nope! That's why I avoid situations like that. I pick my battles and this isn't one of them.

The last protest I attended was at a Tea Party event in downtown square of our small town in California many years ago. A speaker got up on picnic table with bullhorn and started to say something and I jumped up there with him and said we should start with pledge of allegiance. That was the extent of my protest leadership.

And, of course, being in California no one had guns.
    Last edited by SassyLady; 05-15-2020 at 09:29 PM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Question for anyone. I have concealed carry permit, I carry gun everywhere, and if I choose to protest outside a facility does that make me a part of militia?
    No.

6. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Agreed. People who open carry are usually doing so just to be obnoxious assholes.
    I would say that depends on the concealed carry options available. It's legal here to open carry a long arm (not in the city of San Antonio but the State). It is not legal to carry concealed without a license ($), State-approved training ($) and in any place that posts a notice that you cannot, regardless license.

I am not disagreeing with you. Just pointing out there could be more reason than being an asshole. Besides, wouldn't that require you and I to carry a rifle everywhere we go?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Also what was needed was law-- either a national declaration of martial law(Federal) or in cases where immediate and massively higher infections happen a legally established procedure to follow a course by established legal means-- as not in certain governors declaring they are Presidents(assuming Presidential powers) over those states that they have been elected as governors to be.
    By circumventing law , they are acting as newly awarded dictators, imho.
    We that were taught before the schools went to liberal hell see all this quite differently than these younger generations do.
    We were actually taught civics and about this nation, its funding, our government powers and out rights.
    And many of us bear the fruits of that greater education, that former teachings of truth and respect for our Bill of Rights and a most loyal and sincere respect for our Constitution., imho.....
    At least we that took it to heart did and still do, my friend..-Tyr

Wait a minute. Martial law would be declared by the President, and would be a total nationwide lockdown. You would be okay with that, but you're pissed that instead some Governors have locked down their states? LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I would say that depends on the concealed carry options available. It's legal here to open carry a long arm (not in the city of San Antonio but the State). It is not legal to carry concealed without a license ($), State-approved training ($) and in any place that posts a notice that you cannot, regardless license.

I am not disagreeing with you. Just pointing out there could be more reason than being an asshole. Besides, wouldn't that require you and I to carry a rifle everywhere we go?

ALL people who open carry are assholes, but not all assholes open carry

I don't want people knowing I have a gun unless and until I need that gun myself.

But yeah, I was referring to people who show up at protests and shit open carrying, or just wander into a WM open carrying an AR or whatever, those people are just being assholes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Today, 08:03 AM
    STTAB

This message is hidden because STTAB is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Today, 08:03 AM
    STTAB

This message is hidden because STTAB is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

That's strange, cuz........

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...s-lying-coward

Seriously, putting someone on ignore because they embarass you in debate after debate is a pussy move all in of itself, but then when you double down and start flame threads about that person while having them on ignore, that's when you KNOW you are dealing with a giant vagina.

How does ANYONE here have ANY respect for Tyr at all? What a **** he is.
    Last edited by STTAB; 05-18-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

13. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    As far as the masks themselves go, I'm sure there "those" nitwits who see them as being controlled by the government. I still see people without them. You can be fined for going out in public without them here.

I think the majority just puts them on and soldiers on. I see it as protecting my family. I can do what I want but it's irresponsible to bring it home. That's how I feel about the situation addressed by the topic. I'm not telling anyone what to do or think. I'm stating what I think about it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

15. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

As far as the masks themselves go, I'm sure there "those" nitwits who see them as being controlled by the government. I still see people without them. You can be fined for going out in public without them here.

I think the majority just puts them on and soldiers on. I see it as protecting my family. I can do what I want but it's irresponsible to bring it home. That's how I feel about the situation addressed by the topic. I'm not telling anyone what to do or think. I'm stating what I think about it.
    That's what I've been trying to do. I took this very seriously from the beginning, I spoke about how the exponential growth would occur. I'm glad to say that thus far, it wasn't near as bad as it could have been, what I thought it would be.

I think that we have to look at the economics of this and I'm not being, 'oh well, let them die.' Truth is, it's going to take quite a while for things to get good again, I want my kids and grandchildren to have a shot.

Because of my age and high blood pressure, I'm careful and will remain so. That doesn't mean that I'd go nutters on someone not masked. I will go 'Excuuuse me!' if they come too close to me. It works. I wear a mask going into any store, for others and for myself. I appreciate those doing the same. I'm careful to stay well away from people. I use touchless pay checking out-Walmartpay or Applepay.

I change my clothes after working, usually take a shower. I leave my shoes outside, then Lysol them and let them sit there.

If I had other factors regarding vulnerability, I certainly wouldn't work or shop for awhile, I'd want to see where things were going for a month or two. OTOH, if I were 30 years younger I'd be going nuts and would by this time want to get with some friends and certainly get my kids with someone other than myself.

What's missing from all this right now is being civil. Give and receive grace. Let kids get with their friends, let parents remind their kids to stay away from neighbors that do not have kids, especially if they are older.

My sons, the liberals, they have been using their 'at home' worktime to cook. (@Abbey I bet you're not surprised!) About a month and 1/2 ago, they were facetiming with each other and their wives. They came up with an idea I thought was cool.

They wrote notes to older neighbors saying that they were working on some dishes and would like to share. They let them know they'd be wearing gloves and masks and if they'd like to try some, they'd drop it off and call so they could just pick it up. Between the two families, they had about 15 people that wanted in. They bought some divided take out plates and have been doing that on weekends. The other day the son in Naperville had a 5' pool delivered, seems the oldsters wanted to say thank you.

Younger son is like, 'Sure! The one with the big house gets a pool! I'm stuck in a condo!' LOL! They are hoping to have some neighbor BBQs this summer, which should be nice with no fests or 4th of July festivities. I just wish that more people would help one another.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, Abbey Marie, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

If I lived somewhere where this virus was even a moderate problem I would do the same. Our little county in Arkansas has had FOUR cases total. I've been to the grocery store once a week and Wal Mart a total of once since the beginning of April, other than that the only places we have been was to our restaraunt in Branson a few times to do some things there that need to be done (IE give away a lot of free food that was set to spoil soon if we just let it sit there) we DID wear masks when we did that, but around our little town? Nah. A lot of people do though, and meh whatever makes them comfortable.